Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,832 members, 7,959,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun (1618 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Killings An Invitation For Civil War - Benue APC Chairman / Nigeria Already Out Of Recession – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun / Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by handsomety(m): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has declared that the era of paying civil servants special bonuses are over.
Speaking on Wednesday in Abuja, the Minister said the fiscal discipline she has continuously preached since assumption of office must be reflected in her ministry.
According to Adeosun, “When I said at the start of my tenure that I would restore fiscal responsibility to our economy, it was no idle promise. The money we spend is not our money, it belongs to the Nigerian people,” Adeosun said.
“We need to justify every naira and at a time when all Nigerians are suffering the consequences of the financial crisis inherited from previous administrations, we simply cannot afford to pay out special bonuses to civil servants. Those days are gone.”
She further stressed that the allowance sought for by staff members of the ministry was unstatutory as there is no provision for it in the budget, stating that lawful allowances and salaries are paid on time and in full.
Recall that some aggrieved staff of the ministry had on Monday staged a protest wherein they called for the sack of the Minister... and she is collecting allowance 30million per annum...why can't they stop theirs? ....NLC boss foolish ...fools.. just have to share this ...what your view pkease?Seun Opejobi on June 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
LOBATAN grin

sarrki where you they??

2 Likes

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by bantudra: 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin....
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by vedaxcool(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Solidly behind you.

1 Like

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by subtlemee(f): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
I think it should be some ministries not all cos like my ministry we work round the clock so for some allowances to be stopped is callous..

Please madam proper investigation should be done before this order is carried out cos some ministries are even underpaid
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by smartanthony5: 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
let see what will happen.protest is loading.
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Chine12(m): 1:25am On Feb 01, 2017
BUHARI WRITES NIGERIANS FROM LONDON
HOSPITAL
Dear Naijerians
You fiful are bely wukied, why are you
fiful fraying that I should die kuo? Ayam
not even dead yet, and all of you fiful are jubilating, then ip I die now, you fiful will
just turn za whole kwuontry to carnival
na. I was at za foint of death when I
heard that za whole kwuontry is
jubilating that I am dead, I said "ah ah" I
will not die now so that you fiful will not be hafi.
I even heard that afostle Suleman said
that Christians should kee my cows and
my herdsmen, you fiful should tell that
afostle that ip anything hafens to my
cows, I will pinish him o. Por those of you saying that ayam not
pighting kwaraption because I cleared
Buratai, Dambazau, Amaechi, Kyari, Magu
and Babachir of kwaraption like a
clearing agent, I want to tell you
something, they say "show me your prends and I will tell you who you are" so
ip I declare all my forlitical prends
kwarapt, won't you fiful say I ayam
kwarapt too? Or do you fiful think ayam
not wise? I have told you fiful bepor, my
farty, za All Frogressive Confidence, Afee cee, is a farty por saints, kwarapt fiful
cannot be pound in my farty or
guberment.
I want to seize zis ofortunity to call on za
National Assembly that ayam not coming
back on za 6th op Pebuary again because of some unporseen circumstances, they
should allow His Seselency, Za Pice
Fresident op za pedral lipublik of
Naijeria, Frofesuar Yemi Osibande to
kwuotinue to act as za fresident fending
when ayam back. Yoowaa to za pew fiful who still believe
in my guberment, Isha Allah change will
begin with you bepor it gets to me.
Lest I porget, Tupace is flanning to stage
a frotest against my guberment, all I can
say to him is dambruba waka shege to him and za pive girls he infregnated.
Signed:
Dr. Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR
©2017

3 Likes

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Sibrah: 4:15am On Feb 01, 2017
Correct

2 Likes

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 4:20am On Feb 01, 2017
Perfect it's step in write direction. Next the politicans and judges. Afterwards we can focus all the energies of the nation of free market private sector development. Then we won't have to care so much government "creating jobs".

Anyway does she have power to make this changes? Are these allowances part of Civil Servant salary? If they are not why hasn't there been lawsuit?

handsomety:

She further stressed that the allowance sought for by staff members of the ministry was unstatutory as there is no provision for it in the budget, stating that lawful allowances and salaries are paid on time and in full.

1 Like

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 4:24am On Feb 01, 2017
handsomety:

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by mykeljosef: 6:49am On Feb 01, 2017
came

saw its an incompetent person

leaves

Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by kolado(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2017
I hope they do that. We need fiscal discipline in all the sectors of the economy not just civil service. People are suffering in this country. You wouln't know because you can still afford three square meals in the comfort of your house. Nigeria is on the brink of sinking like the famous Titanic Ship.
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by seunmsg(m): 6:55am On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:
I think it should be some ministries not all cos like my ministry we work round the clock so for some allowances to be stopped is callous..

Please madam proper investigation should be done before this order is carried out cos some ministries are even underpaid

Which ministry? When you said you work round the clock, do you mean you work extra hours outside of the 8-4 working hours? Don't they pay you over time for the extra hours?
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Lanretoye(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2017
but public officers will still enjoy bogus allowances...shameless govt.
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2017
Most Nigerian civil servants don't deserve what they get.

Even when they were paid as at when due- they resume work late, attend to you as if they are doing you a favour, engage in unproductive talks and pack their bags before 2pm

Yet they will be the first to go on strike.

My nephew was sick the other day, you needed to see how non-nonchalant the nurse was. We had to angrily take him to a private hospital.

I dislike Nigeria civil service
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by Nbote(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2017
Leadership is supposed to be by example. Why not start with the bogus bonuses, entitlements allowances and huge pay political office holders take home? It's d huge sums paid to these political office holders dats continually leaving a hole in our national wallet. For those of U claiming it's a gud move, shame on you.
Re: No More Special Allowances For Civil Servants – Minister Of Finance, Adeosun by iluvdonjazzy: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2017
did u people have anything good for the worker before

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Resumes After 'resting' For A While / Gov. Dankwambo At Ekiti Governorship Campaign Rally / Enough Of The Trolling, Let's Tell Ourselves The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.