Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,107 members, 7,890,682 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

Sexual Harassment: Who Will Save The Men? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sexual Harassment: Who Will Save The Men? (450 Views)

FASHION: Rocking The Men Bracelet (shambala) / US Director James Toback Accused By 38 Women Of Sexual Harassment / Delta State University sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Sexual Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment: Who Will Save The Men? by BuzzAss(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2017

Some weeks ago, while I was scrolling down my wall on Facebook, I saw a video that caught my attention. In the video, the actors were conducting a comparative social experiment on the reaction of bystanders to sexual harassment instances with a man as the victim and also instances that has a woman as the victim. The aim of the experiment was to establish that men too are sometimes victims of sexual harassment.

In the video, a lady was made to touch and speak to a man in an appropriate manner in public. The man refused the advances and screamed for help. Bystanders gave him little or no attention. They just sat there watching and laughing. There was even a guy that walked up to him and said he was crazy for turning down sexual advances from a lady.

Later in the video, they had the guy make sexual advances toward the lady (exactly like she did earlier). Surprisingly, people rushed to her defense even before she verbally refused the advances. It got so serious that some people even threatened to hit the man if he kept touching the lady. So I asked myself some disturbing questions; why couldn’t they rush to defend the guy as well? Who would people just decide men can’t also be victims of sexual harassment?

Read Full Article on Buzzass http://buzzass.com/2017/02/01/sexual-harassment-who-will-save-the-men/

(1) (Reply)

Join tecno L8 Plus Whatsapp Group! / Do a Mammogram is useful In Screening or early detection of breast cancer, it # / Kwara Npower Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.