Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,719 members, 7,914,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:10 PM

Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? (19084 Views)

Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? / The Growing Fad Called Birth Tourism / Naija Wedding Websites: Post Your Own: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by Consultant(f): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2007
I came across this blog online http://according2adaure..com/2006/03/confessions-of-wedding-website-stalker.html and visited some of the wedding websites listed. I didn't realize that Nigerians had gotten this sophisticated about announcing weddings!

Is this a trend among wealthy Nigerians and those abroad alone, or is it commonplace? And would you put this much information about yourself online? Some of the ones i really liked personally are listed below:

http://www.bunmiandsegun.com/bunmiandsegun.html
http://www.ayoandbade.com/
http://www.adeolawedshakeem.com/index.htm
http://www.omosandakin.com/
http://www.emekaputsngozifirst.com/
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by English1(f): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2007
I think it's just an American custom; all those here I looked at are for couples who have lived in America for a long time.

I think they are very tasteless and tacky myself. What's the point? anyone who knows the couple doesn't need to read a website about them. Why would anyone who doesn't know the couple be interested? It's just another bonkers US way of showing off.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by 1k001(m): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2007
Unbelievable!!! shocked
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2007
English1:

I think it's just an American custom; all those here I looked at are for couples who have lived in America for a long time.

I think they are very tasteless and tacky myself. What's the point? anyone who knows the couple doesn't need to read a website about them. Why would anyone who doesn't know the couple be interested? It's just another bonkers US way of showing off.

Pray tell me how these websites qualify as 'tacky and tasteless'? These guys are getting married and they see no qualms in telling the whole world about it. and for your info, not every wedding site has only basic information about the couple. Most sites have details many people don't know, like how the proposal came about, how they met etc. The site's also targeted at people who haven't seen the couple in a long while and who would like to keep up to date with what's happening.
Most wedding sites have lots of other pages like Wishlist (where u can find out gifts the couple would like to have), Guestboook, Photo Galleries, and most important, maps and directions to get to the wedding venues. all in all there's a whole lot more to wedding sites than just a rehash of popular knowledge.
After all, it's no one's fault if your imagination is limited.

lastly, you amuse me with your 'just another way of US showing off' line. WTF? What's that got to do with wedding sites? Next time you slip on a pair of Jeans or eat a Big Mac, have the grace to feel ashamed. grin

English1:

anyone who knows the couple doesn't need to read a website about them. Why would anyone who doesn't know the couple be interested?
Duh? Why not just say, 'Why would anyone who doesn't know anyone else on nairaland be interested? why would you go on nairaland when you have lots of people to talk to where u live?'
Think before you talk.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by toyboy1(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2007
this has been on for quite some time now thou not in naija. its an act thats like 2 yrs old (to my knowledge neway) n just like ENGLISH1 has said its an american culture, cos all the weddings sights i ve come accros, r that of couples (nigerians) living in US. MY friends broda who got married last year has one as well.
i think as the world is going fully ITlised, i dont see anything wrong in preserving ur precious periods electronically. to me its a good concept, n wouldnt mind doin sumthin lik dat wen i wanna get married cheesy cheesy
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by somebody(f): 10:46am On Jan 17, 2007
For starters, my favourite wedding website is http://www.dianddee.com/dianddee.html. When I saw my first wedding website about two years ago, I just thought oh well Naija pple and how they like to show off. But I am a convert cause I have seen so many beautiful ones and their stories bring tears to my eyes. I wouldn't mind sharing my happiness with other people so I would most def be having one when I am getting married.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by showbobo(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2007
there is nothing wrong with the idea of a wedding site.its ok so lets appreciate them
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by zodiac(f): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2007
if u can afford to have a website for your wedding, i see no reason for not doing so. i presume most of the websites are updated as events go on in the couples' lives
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2007
In the end, they are providing jobs for web developers, so it's all good grin
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2007
love the wedding websites; i would love to have one before my wedding.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2007
funke,

there r tons of webmasters who may be able to get the job done for you at www.webmastersofafrica.com . Just select the "find a webmaster tab" wink

Good luck!
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2007
I'm only , ,  when i'm 21/22. i will inform them
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2007
@2cent @showbobo, do y'll like d idea as well?
I love it! Unfortunately i dont av a boyfriend. I'm planning on aving a boyfriend when i'm in my final year n that will be in 2yrs time n i will be 21/22.
By God's the guy i'm intending to date will be my future husband.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by superman(m): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2007
yes ENGlish 1

u see u are always the english one!

what do u mean! now as a nigerian livin in london me just wonderin why Beckham and victoria use to make the headline line they are and ENglish GOd or something! i guess thats another bonker from the English!

i guess pppl got fed up of seein the bECks each time they pick up OK MAGAZINE

na waa oo
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by okwanuzo3(f): 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2007
Cute but extremely pointless
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2007
i dont think it's pointless, but some ppl mght think it's dangerous. I fink it's only cool for diaspora
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by segedoo(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2007
na wa for the playerhaters o. it's all about change so get used to it.
what's wrong with a wedding website anyway?

To me,it's just like sending out an IV although i'm all together indifferent.

And no be only american naija folks dey do am. my friends got married last weekend in lagos and they had a website developed too. Mind you they both live in naija.

check out www.kemiandkenny.com
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2007
some of u shd just chill ja re - wedding websites r simply the 21st century version of the wedding album. The big advantage over albums of course is that as long as u pay ur bills wink or the site doesn't get hacked into, it will last longer than an album
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2007
funketobi:

i don't think it's pointless, but some people mght think it's dangerous. I think it's only cool for diaspora

@funke
Sorry to barge in on this, but i think u live on my street! Cos i saw u twice now grin
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2007
@whitelexi, Ur street? I live in Abbey wood as well. But what is ur street name?
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2007
LOL grin
not going to give away my home details on here oh!
some people need me dead or alive, preferably dead! grin

Dont worry, when next i see u, i'll call u 'funke' grin
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2007
just ur street name. there are thousand of places in Uk dat goes by the same street name.
If ur not gonna give it. what is the first letter of ur street name?
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by Genial(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2007
funketobi:

I'm only 19. when i'm 21/22. i will inform them

Could've sworn you were 13 going on to 14. Hmmm. . . .
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2007
LOL grin grin grin

ok then, maybe i'll just walk on by when i see u, and pretend i'd never seen u anywhere, how 'bout that? undecided
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2007
@Genial, why ? is my writing immature ?
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2007
give d first letter man @whitelexi

I do live in Abbey wood. But i'm at uni at d moment, so ur not gonna see me.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
funketobi:

give d first letter man @whitelexi

I do live in Abbey wood. But i'm at uni at d moment, so your not going to see me.

just expect a 'hello' from a stranger
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by Genial(m): 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
funketobi:

@Genial, why ? is my writing immature ?

Replace the words "is" with "does", "writing" with "appearance" and "immature" with the phrase"belie my disclosed age". There. The answer is yes.
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2007
ok @Genial, u shudn't av used speech mark. u shud aav used

'immature'
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2007
I will delete my age from my previous message. why r u picking on me ?
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2007
lol I think he means you look young which you do.

I was guessing 16. No worries, it'll be a big asset in the future  wink
Re: Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? by folkzy(f): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2007
@Genial. By the way, i forgot that my pix was on my profile.

Perhaps @Thiefof Hearts.

The pix on my profile is kinda of OLD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Words From A Father To His Son About Women And Marriage / Girls Are More Caring Than Boys. Do You Agree? / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.