Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:48 PM

Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story (5325 Views)

Toyin Aimakhu Breaks-Up With Seun Egbebe (read Her Disclaimer) / Top Actress Uche Ogbodo Blasts Fan Who Called Her Ugly On Instagram / Munachi Abii Comes For A Fan On Twitter Who Called Her Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by lycannet: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
The girl dubbed 'Britain's fattest teenager' now regrets having the surgery that led her to lose 22 stone.

Malissa Jones was just 17 years old and weighed in at 34 stone when she became the youngest Briton to have a gastric bypass.

Two years on and Malissa now claims the weight loss has left her miserable and she now wishes she never had the £10,000 NHS operation.

'I know it sounds ungrateful, but I preferred my body when I was fat,' the 19-year-old said.

'At least it was firm and curvy, not droopy and saggy. I had nice firm arms - now the skin just hangs and I have to cover them up because they look so awful.'

Malissa has dropped from a size 30 dress size to a size 16 but hides her new shape under long-tops and trousers to hide the folds of excess skin left behind.

'The NHS won't remove the skin and I'll never manage to save £20,000 to have it done privately,' she explained.

'The surgery might have saved my life, but I wish I'd never had it done.'

Malissa's situation had indeed become desperate before she decided to have the radical surgery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1232342/Britains-fattest-teen-Why-I-wish-Id-10-000-gastric-bypass-despite-losing-22st.html#ixzz0YXbU2FOk

The morbidly obese youngster had her first suspected heart attack when she was just 15 years old.

'I was diagnosed with angina, a form of coronary heart disease brought on by my weight,' she said.

Although she attempted numerous diets and was prescribed special diet pills, she couldn't stop herself feasting on 15,000 calories a day, despite hating her huge frame and 48EE bra size.

'I was only happy when I was eating,' she told Closer Magazine.

'A day's food included about eight Mars bars, 10 packets of crisps, several sandwiches and takeaways from the local chippie. I spent all my pocket money on food.'

Malissa grew up in a family who all had weight problems. Her mother Dawn, 46, is now 16st but weighed 10st more before having her own gastric band fitted.

Malissa went under the knife after doctors said her weight was crushing her internal organs.

The bypass shrunk Malissa's stomach so she could only consume small meals. For the first three months she consumed only fruit juice and gravy and lost two stone a month.

At first her confidence soared. The teenager got a full time job in administration and wore high-street clothing, but as her weight continued to plummet so did her mood.

She said she began to dread the thought of undressing in front of boyfriends because she has 'more wrinkles than a 90-year-old.'

'I feel so upset,' she said.

'I hoped being slimmer would mean I could wear a bikini and go swimming, but I'm too ashamed of my body.

'The thought of living with a body like this for the rest of my life is just devastating.'

Malissa was prescribed anti-depressants and gave up work after suffering from stomach pains and constant diarrhoea.
Closer magazine

The full interview is in this week's Closer magazine

'Although my heart's healthier and life expectancy is normal, some days I'm too ill to get out of bed,' she said.'

My immune system is really weak so it's hard to fight infections and I have stomach pains and constant diarrhoea.'

After she miscarried a baby at 15 weeks, Malissa was distraught when doctors told her she is unlikely to carry a baby full term as her scarred stomach can't take the pressure of a growing uterus.

'I hope people read this and realise gastric surgery isn't a miracle cure.

'I wish I'd lost the weight through exercise and healthy eating. I know this operation was life-saving, but the complications I'm suffering now might still kill me. The truth is I feel I'm no better off than I was before.'

However her mother said: 'I don't regret encouraging her to have it, the bottom line is Malissa would have died if she didn't lose the weight.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1232342/Britains-fattest-teen-Why-I-wish-Id-10-000-gastric-bypass-despite-losing-22st.html#ixzz0YXbYOtOp

Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nezed(f): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2009
Please is the second pix the 'after surgery' pix?
If yes, She sure has wasted some money! Or was the surgery free?
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2009
From the story,NHS paid for the surgery but won't pay the £20,000 needed to remove the excess skin!!
We tax payers have tried for her now, lol
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by clemcykul(f): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
poor sweet heart, looking so young and innocent under an old wrinkled skin
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
@post
******vomitting on keyboard*******
what the hell is the skin that is coming under the side of her bra in the 2nd pic!?

on the first pic she looked fat, on the second one she look HIDEOUS!!!!!

just a quick fix that didnt completely solve the problem. now she needs to find 20000quid to get rid of the excess skin.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2009
after a gastric bypass, you're supposed to have more surgery to remove the excess skin.

This is a well known fact and the NHS sould step up, or if they cant, then at least refer her abroad for the surgery.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
After she miscarried a baby at 15 weeks, Malissa was distraught when doctors told her she is unlikely to carry a baby full term as her scarred stomach can't take the pressure of a growing uterus.

'I hope people read this and realise gastric surgery isn't a miracle cure.

eyah.

but why was she carrying a baby at 17?
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
tpia.:

eyah.

but why was she carrying a baby at 17?

i guess because she had sex and wanted to keep the baby.

come on, get real. babies having babies is happening all over the world INCLUDING 9ja.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by platinumnk(f): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2009
Gastic Bypass is like a forced starvation.

Why didnt she excersise while she was dropping the weight?
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by mamagee3(f): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2009
Jesus Christ of Nazareth. shocked shocked
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by tubabie(f): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2009
Gross . . . . . Totally gross sad embarassed
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by sweeti14(f): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
OMG! shocked shocked poor gurl sad cry
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 03, 2009
It'll take a lot of surgery to remove all that skin, really feel sorry for her.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by clemcykul(f): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2009
mr brown the tender hearted.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2009
^^^ Lol, Clem. It's been a while----hope all's well with you, my brother and Junior?
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2009
Poor girl, the NHS has to finish what they started. Do the surgery for her at a subsidized rate.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by clemcykul(f): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2009
hmm we all are doing great. howz life wid u??

i havent forgotten the chocolate u promised me.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by chrisrock(m): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
This is really an eyesaw,i feel seriously sorry for her,i will advice she tries DR 90210,those doctors are the bomb when it comes to this type of surgeries,
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
chrisrock:

This is really an eyesaw,i feel seriously sorry for her,i will advice she tries DR 90210,those doctors are the bomb when it comes to this type of surgeries,

yeah and they dont come CHEAP too
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
lycan_net:

'At least it was firm and curvy, not droopy and saggy. I had nice firm arms - now the skin just hangs and I have to cover them up because they look so awful.'

Firm and curvy at 34 stone? Nice firm arms? Where did she get that from? undecided
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by iice(f): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
Firm because it's not saggy na tongue

Anyway. . .she needs surgery to get rid of the excess skin. Wait she didn't really think that loosing that much weight, her skin would magically shrink back? cheesy Didn't she read up on the gastric bypass procedures, before and after effects before going for the surgery?
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by bawomolo(m): 1:04am On Dec 05, 2009
she should have tried working out before going through the surgery route.

maybe the doctors should have stapled her dumb mouth after stapling her stomach.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by donjon: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2009
Thats what happens when you let yourself go!
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by oge4real(f): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Its a pity.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by vanitty: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
very ungrateful kid, atleast her situation is no longer life-threatening, some will give a arm & leg to be able to have that operation on the nhs
no amount of exercise will get rid of the skin, she will have to cut it off
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by BIKINI(f): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2009
sure feel her pain , imagine doing a strip tease or a lapdance in dat skin ,yuuuuk!dat chic needs the best csmetic surgeons to do damage control or else
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 06, 2009
Nezed:

Please is the second pix the 'after surgery' pix?
If yes, She sure has wasted some money! Or was the surgery free?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2009
lycan_net:

'I was only happy when I was eating,' she told Closer Magazine.

Damn - I didn't spot this bit. That's how it all starts.

lycan_net:

'A day's food included about eight Mars bars, 10 packets of crisps, several sandwiches and takeaways from the local chippie. I spent all my pocket money on food.'

And she wonders why she got so huge? That's a lot of snacking! 
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by donjon: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
She even has boyfriends
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by oyinda3(f): 4:03am On Dec 07, 2009
maybe NHS didn't pay because taking off the sagging skin is a cosmetic procedure versus losing the weight which was a health procedure.

but i have a question though. even if she had lost the weight naturally (which would have taken years), won't she still have the same sagging skin as a result? 
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2009
Oyinda, if she'd lost weight naturally, over a longer period (years) she'd have had little or no sagging skin. Losing weight fast doesn't give the stretched skin time to tighten.

Wasn't an option for her though, as she just couldn't seem to stop eating.
Re: Britain's Fattest Teenager:before And After,read Her Ugly Story by ugsh: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
in my own opinion i think she's very grumpy and ungrateful, she's lucky the NHS did it free 4 her and potentially saved her life b'cos she wouldn't have lived long if she didin't have dat sugery, she can work and earn some money which she could use for d other sugery. I don't see any reason y she should be complaining, since she can now do many things she was unable to do before. By the way wat kind of curves was she talking about,is it fat over stretched marked skin? or wat, SHE'S UNGRATEFUL!!!!!!!! case closed angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo From Comic Actor, Afonja Olaniyi Aka, Sanyeri Wedding / Photos: Wow! Shakira Showcases Baby Bump With Husband And 2 yr old Son / 'why Won't They Hate, See Fine Girl' - Bobrisky Shares New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.