Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:46 PM

Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? (1212 Views)

Poll: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not?

Should resign: 64% (18 votes)
Should not resign: 35% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
With intelligent and smart intellectuals on Nairaland,i think our voice might be heard!

Support our great country president's resignation or not?

Drop your views or comments.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by ojesymsym: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
Mr emma, I think u can do that ursef without the moderator, edit ur post and check again, there is a provision for voting. cheers
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thanks Oje, I'll take a look!
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Depilot(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2009
For the sake of the stability of this country, my vote is no.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Depilot, your president is not stable enough, he can't live up to his expectations as a leader!

Well,have you got reasons to back your choice?
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Depilot(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
The big question is: what will happen in this country if Yaradua steps down?
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
According to Sunnews, a group of Nigerians numbering 56 wants him to quit office.

Prominent on the list were former Senate President Ken Nnamani, former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Bello Masari, and former Kaduna State governor and chairman of the conference of Nigeria Political Parties CNPP, Alhaji Balarabe Musa.

Former Kaduna State Military governor Col Abubakar Uman (retd), former Edo State governor, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, former presidential aspirants, Chief Olu Falae, Dr Tunji Braithwaite, Lt Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd) and Pat Utomi also made the list.
The group said that the president’s physical condition has had a negative impact on his ability to discharge his duties.

Nairaland; lets join this list and make it 5 600 000
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Depilot(m): 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2009
As long as special arrangement is made, Mr. president can then step down.
We just do not need any craziness in this country, the citizens do not deserve it.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by smile4kenn(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
For stability of Nigeria, I voted no
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
Do you refer to what we have now as Stability? I mean what exactly is STABLE in what we have today? CORRUPTION at all levels, Little Development, Next to NO IMPROVEMENT in most any sector, another budget already compiled with worse level of excesses injected, Population still rising and government not actively involved still in the lives of it's citizens  . . . . is this your definition of STABILITY?
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
smile4kenn please answer the question posted by kobojunkie!
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by coolier(f): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2009
For Progress, Unity and Faith, I vote YES.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
I prefer Yar'adua to most of the alternatives.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by banom(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2009
coolier:

For Progress, Unity and Faith, I vote YES.

LoL, Coollier  you are realy cool . kiss kiss kiss
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by banom(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Seun:

I prefer Yar'adua to most of the alternatives.

@ Seun can you elaborate please ?
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by ozalogbo: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
Yar adua should complete this tenure and step down. Second term is unthinkable
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Gekko(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
The notion that Yaradua is the glue that holds this country together is ludicrous.  The masses of this country conduct their daily activities as if we lack leadership, intermittent power supply, school strikes, corrupt police force, no healthcare etc.  I am sitting on the sidelines with my arms folded waiting for a conclusion that will remove him from the equation.  His return is only going to bring back the status quo, we need a course to travel.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emmablow11(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2009
Yar'adua and his carcaus still got unfinished funds to siphon, but God in HIS mysterous ways,is telling them to end it all or face the consequences,

Abacha was stubborn,now Yar'adua, GO HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, PRESIDENCY NO BE UR BIRTHRIGHT, KIA!
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by strangleyo: 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
He should finish his term and not run 2012.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
the reason Britain and America are where they are today is because they have faced trying times like these and came out on top.

pretending all is well when it is not is simply pampering and nuturing a dangerous status quo instead of allowing the country to grow and its democracy to blossom.

Undermining the constitution of a country in the name of stability is simply sowing destruction. What guarantees stability is when a Nation has clear rules which are followed at all times as enshrined in the constitution. Safeguarding Yar'adua's personal ambition does not translate to stability in any way.

If Anything I think the fact that Masari, Balarabe Musa, Dangiwa Umar have all spoken against the illegality going on shows that Tanimu Yakubu and co are not acting in the name of the North. They are simply acting to oil their personal greed and Nigerians must resist it with everything they have.

We have a power vacuum and some folks are talking about stability. The President of Nigeria is lying on a sick bed in a foreign land and some folks call that stability. Please look for a better word this is no STABILITY.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2009
Gekko:

The notion that Yaradua is the glue that holds this country together is ludicrous.

That I agree with
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
He should resign. It would be the only selfless thing any Nigerian president have done for the country.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by emiwanlee(m): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
If he resigns , Nigeria still remains the sam so lt anything happen
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
It is not a criminal act to be unwell. But it is a criminal act for one to be incapable of discharging once duties such as being a president,and yet refuses to give way for replacement.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2009
It is not a criminal act to be unwell. But it is a criminal act for one to be incapable of discharging once duties such as being a president,and yet refuses to give way for replacement.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by OYBMEND: 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
the message here is that a dead Hausa man is better than a full blooded Ijaw man. Thats Nigeria's unity and stability for you. Our unity is built on injustice.

Yar'adua will run Nigeria for the next two years in comma.

The attempt to spin this as a case of PDP vs Opposition is very ludicrous and wont work. Jonathan Goodluck is neither in AC nor ANPP. Goodluck is also a PDP man and all that prominent Nigerians called for is for a nation of 150million people to be led by the more fitter VP.

I think this shows how childish the Yar'adua Government has become since they want to rather engage in partisan politics than put the country first.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Dec 03, 2009
Johnpaul88:

I certainly have no issues with him being ill. He could even be hospitalized and still run that country effectively. But this particular man is doing next to nothing. We are not even sure of his sickness, but we are sure he is not a good president.
Re: Support Yar'adua's Resignation Or Not? by puskin: 12:24am On Dec 03, 2009
Sincerity of his heart and truthfulness about his illness would suggest that Yar'Adua should resign but political pressure would make him do otherwise.
The most important pressure and that which he should listen to, is his ailment.
He should tell himself, Nigeria and Nigerians the truth.
He should resign.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu "chop Money" Project Takes Off / How Hausa And Igbo Work Very Well Together / Hiv Positive Nigerian Jailed For Life For Serial despoil, Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.