Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,997 members, 7,873,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? (11065 Views)

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God / Spiritual Insight - Characteristics Of A True Prophet Of God / Characteristics Of A True Prophet Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by zebra(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2007
Wumine:

i love bob marley, his lyrics, his person but not really his life style. his music makes a lot of sense and i just can't hear enough of it. i think he has a lot in common with nigeria's fela. he is a rastafarai prophet, i think. a movement from ethopia like the other ethopian guy, can't recall his name. they feed on weed o!
You however can't equate him to the bibilical prophets.

Thank God you called him a Rastafarai Prophet. All Prophets must not be Biblical Prophets. Prophet Mohammed is a Prophet but his name is not mentioned in the Bible, does that mean he is not a Prophet?? He is an Islamic prophet; and Bob marley is a Prophet of Jah Rastafarai too.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by jerrymania(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2007
He is a ganja prophet! guys also thought Che Guevara was a prophet too! But none are Almighty God's Prophet.
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by phoenixman: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2007
Wumine:

i love bob marley, his lyrics, his person but not really his life style. his music makes a lot of sense and i just can't hear enough of it. i think he has a lot in common with nigeria's fela. he is a rastafarai prophet, i think. a movement from ethopia like the other ethopian guy, can't recall his name. they feed on weed o!
You however can't equate him to the bibilical prophets.
movement from ethopia? undecided
feed on weed cheesy
*shakes head in pity*
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Radiant(f): 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2007
Are you guys for real? undecided

I heard someone saying Bob read the bible a lot. If he read the Bible a lot, then his songs and lyrics are based on what he read in the Bible.Thus, not a prophet!!!

Is it that difficult to figure out? undecided
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by folkzy(f): 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2007
ishmael:

if i may ask, who is a prophet??

To answer your question.
A prophet, simply put, is a "speaker" for God. He/She proclaims a message given t him by God and not from his own spirit. He speaks in God's name with God's authority. True prophets live a holy life, they operate under the influence of the Holy spirit. They are not after material benefirs associated with the office but rather seeking to do God's will. 2kings. 4:9; luke.1:67; 2Sam. 12:1-6..
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Horus(m): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLAUztmugnY[/flash]

Bob Marley: Prophecies and Messages Full Documentary
Re: Was Bob Marley A True Prophet? by Lasinoh: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
I love his music.
Yup! A Ganja-smoking prophet. . . like the rest.
Wordly or spiritual.
He loved women. . .he did not need the Holy Ghost to help him father bastards and not a molester of children. Thank awa Gods! kiss

I love this prophet! The best of all! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fasting To Death / How My Crazy Love For A Girl Inspired The Extent Of My Love For God / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.