Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,364 members, 7,891,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Can Someone Attend A Football Academy And Still Attend A University. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Attend A Football Academy And Still Attend A University. (1395 Views)

Land For Sale In A University Community, Urgent / Football Academy For 4-18yrs / Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Attend A Football Academy And Still Attend A University. by Trackeo(m): 12:00am On Feb 03, 2017
Yes or no
Re: Can Someone Attend A Football Academy And Still Attend A University. by Bunchersstab(m): 12:04am On Feb 03, 2017
Even in court of law they dont answer yes or no to all questions if you really want to understand ...
Re: Can Someone Attend A Football Academy And Still Attend A University. by obiaguna(m): 1:40am On Feb 03, 2017
If you intend playing football professionally then I would advice that you skip university and focus on your football career full time. That's if the proposed university is in Nigeria. But a much better idea is you travelling abroad now, enrolling in school and playing football at the same time cos over there they have an enabling environment that would make you a pro while getting your education. I don't know your real age but if you are below 16/17 then you can look towards America. They run programs for young athletes and that's why a large percentage of American athletes are educated and some even go as far as having PhD's. Clint Dempsey that used to play for Fulham has both Bsc and Msc and he still plays football till date and there are a lot of others like that. You can try others European countries as well but if you would be in Nigeria for now then I would advice you to free school for now and join a serious academy and look towards getting signed by a club in the Nigerian league or getting signed abroad. Cos if you go to a Nigerian school you would be graduating at say 20-24 and you would lose competitive football fitness thereby making it difficult for you to compete. But if you join an academy Now and you train seriously then there is nothing you can't achieve. But think hard and ask yourself this question. "Am I good enough" and "Am I ready to work hard".

(1) (Reply)

Get This Nexus 4.5kg Single Tub Washing Machine / My elder brother just ghosts/disappears. It's getting worrisome! / Toilet Disease!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.