Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:59 AM

John Terry Ready To Quit Playing Professional Football. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Terry Ready To Quit Playing Professional Football. (398 Views)

John Terry Signs Contract Extension At Aston Villa / Barcelona Player Wants To Quit Playing For Spain; Chooses Morocco For World Cup / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Terry Ready To Quit Playing Professional Football. by ninnomedia: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Terry admits his 22-year Chelsea career could soon come to an end.

He said this while speaking exclusively to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the skipper said:

“I was quite upset yesterday when I heard the news and I spoke to Frank.

“It’s the end of an era with Stevie [Gerrard] and now Lamps, and sooner or later I’m going to be next at some point in my career.

John Terry is Chelsea's most decorated player/skipper in the Club's history

“I’ve spoken to the manager [Blues boss Antonio Conte] about this - once you get to a certain age in your career I think you have to accept that you’re going to be on the bench and you’re not going to be playing every week.

“Things change and when you’re not accepting that as a player I think it’s more difficult to put a line underneath it and move on to the next chapter.

“I’m like the last man standing, which is quite sad really. But it’s also something I’m very proud of, to still be at this club after so long.

“Chelsea is my life. I’ve been here 22 years and it’s been a dream for me. I’ve still got a lot to give to the game and a lot to give the club this season.

“Hopefully we can go on to many great things this year and after that, we’ll see what happens.”

Captain John Terry has spent his entire professional career playing for Chelsea football club and he is the most decorated Chelsea captain.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Is World's Highest-earning Athlete For 2016 After Banking £70m / Osasuna Vs Real Madrid / Discussion:mourinho Said Foreign Football Managers Don't Get FA Cup -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.