Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) (24168 Views)

OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / Success Adegor's Results, Comes 1st In Class (Photos) / Cornell University Student Strips In Class To Defend Her Presentation In NewYork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Randy100: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
Propaganda
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by admax(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
Okay
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by 0b10010011: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
This how it used to be in 1935.
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by bazzyblings: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
No b beans be that ? Lol
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
veekid:
So this is an achievement?
Look the picture well; some children never see food; see them eating spoon.
Buhari and scam Ehn!

So its not abi?

Is it not better than giving Dasuki the money?

Bros be careful ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by sexaddict08(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
hmnn...
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Solowande(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Look d pic well, big lie. Lie lie government
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by sexyjuly(f): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
kally90:
Finally,am first to comment.God bless you and your family. Lovely weekend to u.
in ur dreams abi?berra wake up grin nxt time subscribe to a better and faster netwk

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by MARYchiells(f): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
kally90:

You dey dream, who dash you?
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Adaowerri111: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Good one
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by ipobarecriminals: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
sad useless government. Beans, no bread. pathetic food
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Royalfurnitures: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
This looks like the kind of beans used to feed prisoners,... Apc film trick!

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by sheunsheun(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
kally90:

Otondo abeg wake up , You are tenth on the list. Keep trying tho

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
veekid:
Buhari and scam Ehn!
You just said my mind. I tire for this government o.
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Rapture4real(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
jonhemma11:
Above is a photo of pupils of St Micheal Primary School, Ota enjoying their free meals yesterday as FG's Homegrown School Feeding Programme progresses. More states to follow

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/fg-homegrown-school-feeding.html

The problem is the real cost per meal may be #200 but the contractor might have charged FG #2000 per meal while the person in charge would have received his own kick back too.

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by DonCortino: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
We will still protest!!

Give them quality education not food!
They ate at home before going to school!

Daft government! angry

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Ursino(f): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
How sure are we sef, that the food is being provided by the FG?
Anybody could have sponsored it, you know!

Scammers here and there !
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Walexz02(m): 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
Nice one
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Proffdada: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
veekid:
Buhari and scam Ehn!
Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food They have food and they can eat
Glory be to thee, oh Lord
Amen
We bless the food
Oh Lord, for Christ sake
AMEN!
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
When you see a Directionless government, you've seen one that can't set it's priorities right.
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by mistercardinal(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
WHAT HAPPENED TO EASTERN NIGERIAN SCHOOLS
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Omooniya1: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Even if dey carry d whole MR.BIGG give d children Some people will still complain!!! appreciations matter a lot!!
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by veekid(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Drabeey:

So its not abi?

Is it not better than giving Dasuki the money?

Bros be careful ooo
We ll soon know the dasuki in buhari's office after 2019; watch out
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by mandy4s: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Good for them. But my question still remains, what happens when they get home? Whatever happened to "teach me how to fish and not give me fish " just eludes me. Some of these children will get home to meet their parents yawning because of lack of food. The federal government should get their priorities right. This is fulfilling their campaign promises but to me, it won't change a thing about the ailing economy.

Please, who's giving out the check for Fp? I just made front page after three years

Obviously you lack an understanding of how the school feeding program will impact the economy. And your analogy of teach me how to fish here is simply amazing. shocked shocked So wait o, these children are supposed to be taught how to "fish" grin grin? Ain't that why there are in school in the first place? At that age what really can be taught them if not the elementary and basic blocks of life and the provision of a free meal being a great enticement to get them to enjoy learning while also addressing the issue of hunger and good health! How many birds does that programme kill now?

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by hermosa7: 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
veekid:
Buhari and scam Ehn!

smh at you. Negativity can kill. Watch out!
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Good for them. But my question still remains, what happens when they get home? Whatever happened to "teach me how to fish and not give me fish " just eludes me. Some of these children will get home to meet their parents yawning because of lack of food. The federal government should get their priorities right. This is fulfilling their campaign promises but to me, it won't change a thing about the ailing economy.

Please, who's giving out the check for Fp? I just made front page after three years

I think you underestimate the impact of the program. Free school meals address the cycle of poverty by addressing enrolment/ attendance deficits and ensuring proper development of the children. These impacts are invisible but have huge forward impact.

On the monetary side, the people who make the food and the people who they buy from are having their businesses supported by government with multiplier effects when they spend the money. Remember all this is taking place at the base of the pyramid which is where the greatest number of Nigerians are. Yes billion dollar investments are dramatic but a lot of the top of the pyramid investments find their way out of the country through imports and capital flight.

The government should be congratulated for turning their back on the old failed " trickle down" economics that the rich have used to enslave the majority.

I know it's fashionable to knock the government but let's be discerning and encourage them when they do something right. A people friendly policy must start somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by baby124: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hmm. Some people will now go an re-enrol in primary school. Looking 40, but claiming 5yrs old.

1 Like

Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Lukay99: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Rapture4real:

The problem is the real cost per meal may be #200 but the contractor might have charged FG #2000 per meal while the person in charge would have received his own kick back too.

And at the end of the day after receiving all the kick backs the same people's children will now come on Nairaland and starts blaming Buhari
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by bid4rich(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
And for how long will this last?

Is it a kind of election campaign against 2019?
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by obamabinladen(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
PrinceAAT:
This one na beans nw........see as all the students just they look the food....... grin

Who want eat poison.
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Akinaukwa: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
This is not what we need now. The money for this can be translated for free education of the children and youths. After eating this and your parents are asked to pay N5,000 (five thousand naira) at the Primary School level in some States, what use is of the free food?
Re: Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) by Orikinla1: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:

Congratulations for making front page.

The Federal Government should be commended for helping poor parents and guardians to reduce the burden of feeding their children.
But it is unfair to blame the government for the stupidity of poor couples who breed children they cannot feed.
Couples who cannot even have three square meals a day are the ones breeding like rabbits and competing for who will increase the population of Nigeria more than others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / Olukayode Mobolaji Oluwasona Graduates With 5.0 CPGA In Poland / JAMB UTME 2016 Sales Of Form Begins August 31st - Find Important Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.