Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,892 members, 7,942,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki (1126 Views)

PDP, Treasury Looters Are Conniving To Bring Down Our Govt – Lai Mohammed / Fuel Scarcity: ‘independent Marketers Forced To Cut Down Price In Ekiti’ / Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Everblink: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has said that the Senate is presently working on critical legislation that will make the price of new vehicles almost the same as some of imported second hand cars.

Saraki disclosed this when the National Executive Committee of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN), led by its National President, Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq visited him in Abuja.

The Senate President said the National Assembly, under his leadership, will spare no effort to encourage entrepreneurs to manufacture cars locally at read more...
https://www.igodotv.com/2017/02/03/senate-working-to-bring-down-price-of-new-cars-saraki/

1 Like

Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by ChristineC: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Just provide constant power. After nearly 60 years why is this soo hard?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by ufuosman(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
I pray it work, all dis our politicians wen get lie full mouth.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Donexy16(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
ChristineC:
Just provide constant power. After nearly 60 years why is this soo hard?

I tire o
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by AZeD1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Why do we have dunces in the senate? Legislation of prices is a bad idea. Every man, his dog and cat knows why cars both toks and new are expensive.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by dyabman(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Deceivers angry
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by mrvitalis(m): 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
I have said it.. Our problem is the fact that we don't really actually contribute money to the government from our pocket...

Imagine if an average Nigerian pay tax of 200k per year.. And government will tell me rubbish with road and light?? .. Then come and bribe me with 5k to vote u to mismanage my 800k in four years?? Or i will vote my brother who is not qualified over an outsider that i know is better..

Oga sariki if u mean Nigerian manufactured then no problem.. But if i mean imported cars... Then ur hight... U should even tax them 600%

1 Like

Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by SalamRushdie: 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
mrvitalis:
I have said it.. Our problem is the fact that we don't really actually contribute money to the government from our pocket...

Imagine if an average Nigerian pay tax of 200k per year.. And government will tell me rubbish with road and light?? .. Then come and bribe me with 5k to vote u to mismanage my 800k in four years?? Or i will vote my brother who is not qualified over an outsider that i know is better..

Oga sariki if u mean Nigerian manufactured then no problem.. But if i mean imported cars... Then ur hight... U should even tax them 600%

You are a very difficult person who doesn't know how nations create wealth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by igbofocus: 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
that will be driven on which roads?

nigeria senate are just so stupligenius!

geniuses at stupidity!
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Yeye.Bring down the prices of food stuff,fuel and provide regular power supply.Wetin be car?
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by mrvitalis(m): 2:47am On Feb 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are a very difficult person who doesn't know how nations create wealth

Really? U have a nation were 90% of wealth is owned by 10% of the population.. How do u redistribute this wealth if not tax..

If we lay an average tax of 200k pay year.. Thats over 30 trillion revenue,.. University will be upgrade, research will be founded, Security will be adequate duo to more founding... Loans can be made available for each graduates that needs it, with focus on exportable commodities... Tell me how else wealth is created
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Sibrah: 3:05am On Feb 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

[b]Imagine if an average Nigerian pay tax of 200k per year.. And government will tell me rubbish with road and light?? .. Then come and bribe me with 5k to vote u to mismanage my 800k in four years?? Or i will vote my brother who is not qualified over an outsider that i know is better..
True talk.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Sibrah: 3:13am On Feb 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

Really? U have a nation were 90% of wealth is owned by 10% of the population.. How do u redistribute this wealth if not tax..

If we lay an average tax of 200k pay year.. Thats over 30 trillion revenue,.. University will be upgrade, research will be founded, Security will be adequate duo to more founding... Loans can be made available for each graduates that needs it, with focus on exportable commodities... Tell me how else wealth is created
What you wrote here is largely dependent on the productivity of our leaders. Without power, security and a system void of bribes how can the populace be productive enough to pay tax of N200k/per year? The average Nigerian lives his life with what's slightly higher than N200k/annum. We can't pay ~80% tax as things stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by mrvitalis(m): 3:26am On Feb 04, 2017
Sibrah:
What you wrote here is largely dependent on the productivity of our leaders. Without power, security and a system void of bribes how can the populace be productive enough to pay tax of N200k/per year? The average Nigerian lives his life with what's slightly higher than N200k/annum. We can't pay ~80% tax as things stand.
An average Nigerian earns 1.2 million per year... GDP per capital... Get ur facts right
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Sibrah: 3:27am On Feb 04, 2017
The senate should be working to bring down prices of all locally produced goods by providing us with power, roads etc
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Sibrah: 3:29am On Feb 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

An average Nigerian earns 1.2 million per year... GDP per capital... Get ur facts right
Please what's your source of this too-good-to-be-true fact? I ask cos that figure averages N100,000/month, a figure you and I know is well above what million of working class Nigerians earn.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Nkemtreasure: 3:58am On Feb 04, 2017
You people can't. Even when the Senate asked that the order shouldn't be implemented by the customs, yet they went ahead to implement it and the Senate is yet to do anything.... Stories that touch...
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Horus(m): 4:08am On Feb 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEfW_PBbOE

Dynamics of Nigeria's automobile industry
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 04, 2017
They should reduce d price of everytin,no b cars we go chop,na food.................they should make tinz easy for d common man too,besides na person wey dey chop bellefull,go buy car.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by omowolewa: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2017
Oga Saraki leave new cars alone, just do everything to make the 2nd hand ones cheaper.

Can't imagine myself in a substandard vehicle in the name of new.
Re: Senate Working To Bring Down Price Of New Cars – Saraki by Okanokan(m): 8:47am On Feb 04, 2017
Talk of bringing down price of FOOD not cars. Man neva WACK na car e dey talk.

(1) (Reply)

More Money Spent In The North Than In The Southern Region Since Indepen - Report / 10 Most Hated People In Nigeria (2017 Update) / I Am Trying To Bridge The Gap Between The Backward North And The Southern Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.