Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,341 members, 7,940,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? (623 Views)

Poll: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you?

Yes, good enough for me (living in Nigeria): 16% (1 vote)
Terrible place to be (living in Nigeria): 0% (0 votes)
Yes, good enough for me (visit Nigeria often): 50% (3 votes)
Terrible Place to be (visit Nigeria often): 33% (2 votes)
Could'nt be bothered (living in Nigeria): 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Osinbajo Meets With Nigerians Living In Cote D'ivoire (Photos) / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by CyberG: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
This post is mainly for Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .for those who have a feel for what is on the ground because they have recently been visiting. . .your contributions are welcome!

In the last few days of drama, vis-a-vis the sickly president and his greed to hang on to power and his championers and defenders on Nairaland, I have been thinking maybe Nigeria is actually REALLY GOOD and Nigerians in Nigeria are not complaining, hence people on NL defend "their" president passionately and so vehemently! Personally, I am very in touch with Nigeria via family, friends and a daily reading of the news. I visited last year and plan to be there again this year. . .so I believe I am current!

However, it is possible. . .resident Nigerians feel differently, so I ask: Is Nigeria worth fighting for? Is ongoing vigorous debate. . .on NL and other sites necessary or you guys are totally cool with Nigeria the way it is? It will be nice to have people weigh in with their reasons as to why Nigeria is good the way it is and Nigerians living away from home should leave you guys alone. After all you are not complaining and you are liking and enjoying it?
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
I am very in touch with Nigeria via family, friends and a daily reading of the news. I visited last year and plan to be there again this year. . .so I believe I am current!
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2009
poster

is Nairaland good enough for you?
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by CyberG: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
Tpia. . .don't distract the thread. . .you may read and just leave for people who wish to contribute do so.
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by blacksta(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
valid question poster. If i lived in Nigeria after many years in the western world - I go don craze . No light, bad roads, healthcare no dey, sick president and people dont have the courage to remove him . Nigerians are masters in the area of suffering and smiling.
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by OAM4J: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
Too bad. Since Yaradua is incapable of good reasoning, I do not see him resigning, he is also surrounded by selfish people who do not love him. I cannot see FEC or d Nat. Ass. making any move to remove him neither do i see Nigerians mounting enough pressure for his removal.

I guess we shld just prepare our mind to have a ceremonial president till 2011 since I do not wish him dead soon. NIGERIA!!!
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
CyberG:

Tpia. . .don't distract the thread. . .you may read and just leave for people who wish to contribute do so.

nothing wrong with you answering the question.

Is nairaland good enough for you?

or isnt NL a Nigerian forum with how many diasporan Nigerian users now?
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by Singular: 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2009
This poster is not a Nigerian he is a Ghanaian who has come here to yarn rubbish.
Challey why?? Go Away!
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2009
A question is asked of those in Nigeria and this is slowly being turned into something else. Jeezzz!!!!

OAM4J:

Too bad. Since Yaradua is incapable of good reasoning, I do not see him resigning, he is also surrounded by selfish people who do not love him. I cannot see FEC or d Nat. Ass. making any move to remove him neither do i see Nigerians mounting enough pressure for his removal.

I guess we shld just prepare our mind to have a ceremonial president till 2011 since I do not wish him dead soon. NIGERIA!!!

Are you sure it is the case that Yar adua is INCAPABLE of good reasoning? Or you just want to buy into that argument just because? The man knew what he was getting into before he got in that seat. The man knew of his illness and the possibilities that it might get worse before he took the position; The man knew of the possibility that he may not live through his term that is why he made sure to wed his kids while in office. Please let us stop thinking this man has NO CLUE. It is the other way around. He knows exactly what he is doing – I bet you he spends time thinking through some of his strategies before going forward with them, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to us.

The FEC, house of assembly and reps all know what side they want to be on to gain the best for themselves probably. So, please, this is not a case of YAR ADUA against the rest of Nigeria, but An Administration against the Nigerian people.

Come 2011, I will not shocked if the people, considering the way we continue to analyze what is going on, will allow this man a second term.
Re: To Nigerians living in Nigeria. . .is Nigeria GOOD enough for you? by solo1: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
Nairalanders,
Nigeria is good enough because that is what we can call OUR COUNTRY.
But on the issue of governance there is more to be desired.And they way and manner we flip over Nigeria issues cannot yield a possible good outcome for generations to come.
There are fundamental issues to be discussed among Nigeria elites than the state health of the President which have not actually created any vacuum in governance.Government is a continuous process and his absence has not create and vacuum until certified to be incapacitated.
Have we Nigerian discuss Budget performance?Every year Billions of dollars are been budgeted for but the performance are usually below average.How can a nation grow when a ministry expend only 22% of the year's budget.What happen to the other money?Just in the Banks to make make interest ?
We should set sentiment aside and be constructive in our discussions.

(1) (Reply)

Please Choose / Taraba State Considers Hanging For Kidnappers / Merry Christmas Politics Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.