Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,028 members, 7,912,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 03:29 PM

Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice (560 Views)

Please Enter Here I Need Your Help / You Don't Really Need Smartphone Or Computer To Be A Successsful Blogger / Pls I Really Need Help From A Webmaster Or One Familiar To Hub8.com Webhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by AnthonyDgreat: 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
Pleases my humble webmasters, i need your advice. How good is a 40GB bandwidth for educational site? I mean is it ok? Your comments are highly needed abeg because i has been suffering from bandwidth limit exceeded problems. Now i want to increase my bandwidth to 40GB, is that enough for educational site because i seriously need to apply for goolge adsense.
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by bassdow: 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
AnthonyDgreat:
Pleases my humble webmasters, i need your advice. How good is a 40GB bandwidth for educational site? I mean is it ok? Your comments are highly needed abeg because i has been suffering from bandwidth limit exceeded problems. Now i want to increase my bandwidth to 40GB, is that enough for educational site because i seriously need to apply for goolge adsense.

We need more information about your website, traffic level, current server or hosting specifications, etc in other to make an accurate recommendation.

Something is eating up your bandwidth or maybe what you get is less than what was advertised to you.

Also how busy is your website? Until you respond to this questions and more, we might be unable to give accurate recommendations
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by AnthonyDgreat: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
@ Bassdow, am currently using 2GB Disc space and 10GB bandwidth. My site is hosted on Domainking. And i actually has a low traffic.
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by bassdow: 7:07am On Feb 06, 2017
AnthonyDgreat:
@ Bassdow, am currently using 2GB Disc space and 10GB bandwidth. My site is hosted on Domainking. And i actually has a low traffic.

Information provided is still scanty but there are a number of things that can consume bandwidth unnecessarily even on a very low traffic website and they are as follows
1. Activities of bots
2. Poorly designed website - some websites can download heavy media unnecessarily.
3. Wrong or incorrect server information - some webhosts would advertise a plan as having unlimited or 100GB bandwidth, disk space, etc when in reality, they won't offer you up to that. Your current 10GB might not even be up to 10GB.
4. Non-profittargeted or unhealthy traffic sources.
5. If you offer file downloads
6. ....and a whole lot more.

What's the solution?
1. Should you upgrade you may ask? Ofcourse upgrading would fix the issue BUT upgrading without identifying the real culprit would be a bad idea. Because issue would or might come up again.
2. Make sure your media e.g images, pdf, etc are optimized. Even your users would be happy and Google would reward you.
3. Employ proper web practices, also limit the activities of bots. Get in touch with your Designer or an experienced designer/Developer to help.
4. Confirm information provided by your webhost - Be sure their 10GB is actually 10GB and not less.
5. Upgrade your hosting plan If you are unsure your website is actually low-trafficked.

I would also suggest you drop your url here, so we can check it out.

PSS: You didn't tell us if you offer downloads on your website
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by bassdow: 7:22am On Feb 06, 2017
AnthonyDgreat:

Amount of Bandwidth required is based on your traffic level. 40GB might be okay for now until your traffic increases again.

It's advisable to go above your requirements.
Go for 20GB if you need 10GB
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by dondiggy: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
In addition to what the poster above use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix.com to confirm the actual file downloaded per visit, optimize your images.... Cache all static resources.
Use Google analytics to monitor the actual traffic of the website.

www.eaglemtech.com
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by nomak: 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
what type of website is your site and please what was your initial band wit ? how ever there many stuffs that could cause a server to be down.

do you accept users and do you have much uploads on your and allow user to upload on your site things like videos images

a poorly built web template can attribute to this as well also you to delete all trashed file from your directory.

but if you do have troubles i could try yo see how best you can handle it. just give me a call me up
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by AnthonyDgreat: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thanks very much @ all. The name of my website is www.dailyschoolgist.com.ng, besides, i do not upload music/videos on my site. Plsss help me check the cause of bandwidth limit exceeded. Could it be because i have upto 198 themes installed??
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by bassdow: 4:30am On Feb 07, 2017
AnthonyDgreat:
Thanks very much @ all. The name of my website is www.dailyschoolgist.com.ng, besides, i do not upload music/videos on my site. Plsss help me check the cause of bandwidth limit exceeded. Could it be because i have upto 198 themes installed??

Hmmm
Am on mobile and without taking much look, I will point out somethings which seems obvious

1. First your website is based on WordPress and I don't understand what you meant by having 198 themes installed.
Now that's very bad coming from a security point of view.
Delete whatever plugins and/ or themes you are not using.

2. Your website might have been compromised and the attacker must have been using up your resources on your behalf. Due to the nature of my work which includes cleaning up websites and servers, I can say it's Not everytime a compromised Website is defaced. Some can be hacked and they won't allow you to easily know except you are vigilant or experienced.

NB: At this point, it's best you get in touch with experienced persons who can help you out as it seems you can't handle it yourself
Re: Please Wemasters Enter Here I Really Need Your Advice by AnthonyDgreat: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
Oh my gosh!, if this is true, then am deleting them right away. Thank u very much bro for that info

(1) (Reply)

. / Help I Cannot Buy Domain In Domainking Is Not Going / Please Recommend A Nigerian Hosting Company For Me Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.