Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,921 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Thief Dr Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thief Dr Soludo (3353 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Thief Dr Soludo by AloyEmeka6: 11:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
Soludo challenges Nigerians
By Olu Obafemi

Thursday, December 3, 2009
Even in the most barbaric of human acts, you see a bit of wisdom. You and I may question the Japanese ritual killing – harakiri on the reason that it is condemnable to take one’s life. However, among the Jains, it is the reverse. You are not to take any life whatsoever, but you can take your own.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/dec/3/511.html

Talking about harakiri, once, the Americans took a decision the Japanese considered hostile to them as a nation, the next morning, when the American representative in Japan opened his door, he saw dead Japanese. Behold, they had committed harakiri as a protest to what they considered as harsh American policies.

The foregoing may be barbaric, but the fact is that the Japanese reacted when their honour was assaulted. Though differently, it was in line with what Gabriel Marcel said a long time ago. “A man who believes in nothing and a man who depends on nothing is a man without correction.” In Nigeria today, can we say we are ready to go out of our way to do certain things for the sake of honour and for one’s love for the country? If this is not patriotism, what is?

Recently, the country had a Central Bank Governor in the person of Prof. Charles Soludo. He is brilliant but certainly not the most brilliant among other Nigerians. Soludo was the National Economic Adviser under Obasanjo. He was also appointed the Governor of the Central Bank under Obasanjo. He was one of the founders of the Transcorp. Soludo changed the garb of Nigeria banking from conservatism to an institution hungry for awards, with himself awarded the Best Central Bank Governor in the world. Other magician bankers, even when like him they were presiding over failed institutions, won award as the best bank, and all that.

Today, God will bless Lamido Sanusi, he is cleansing the banking industry. Where Soludo saw no problem, Lamido is seeing something graver than problem. Those banks that won the best laurels under Soludo are now certified as clinically dead, the very banks he boasted might buy other distressed banks in other parts of the world.

As a result of Soludo’s recklessness, many Nigerians are in distress. Banks being one of the sectors that drive the economy, he made Nigerians to buy all manner of shares and today shares have crumbled.

When Soludo’s tenure was about to expire, Nigerians clamoured for his retention not knowing that he confused and confounded everybody. When the presidency appointed another person instead, we cried blue murder, not knowing that there were things they saw, which we did not see. Today the presidency is justified.

What is very surprising is that even in the midst of Soludo’s exposure as having failed Nigerians and the economy of the country, he is still prancing all over the place in the name of wanting to contest the Governorship. What type of country is this? He has not even apologized to the people of Nigeria for misleading them, rather he talks arrogantly and proudly. In some countries, his first class will be taken away from him.

Were Soludo to be from Japan, by now the country will be witnessing an epidemic of harakiri. Many people would have killed themselves in protest of what Soludo did. Many people would have even killed themselves not out of what he did, but for the fact that he is still threatening to continue leading the people as a Governor.

At this juncture, you will agree with me that Soludo is a challenge to Nigerians. How can a man preside over the collapse of the economy and to add insult to injury he wants to be Governor and the press is keeping quiet. Where are our columnists? Is the journalist no longer a watchdog of the society? To prove the type of man he truly is, look at the way and manner he became the candidate of the PDP.
[size=14pt]
How can Soludo without inherited riches, and after five years as the Central Bank governor have the money he is spending today in the name of politics?
[/size]

Where did he get the money to buy hundreds of vehicles he is distributing to people? Where did he get the money to buy houses in London, Abuja, Enugu, Isuofia and more? Where did Soludo get the money, as reported by the newspapers, to pay off millions to some of those who were contesting against him? Where did he get the money with which he is “terrorizing” Anambra State?

From the foregoing, it is clear that Soludo has many questions to answer and he should answer them. Many Nigerians are disappointed that these questions are not asked. I am constrained to point this out because if care is not taken, his annoying swagger when he actually should be out of circulation, may get some of us think about hara-kiri. The odour is unbearable.

Ifemesia, a public Affairs analyst, wrote from Awka
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by Ndipe(m): 11:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
And he is touted as the best candidate for Anambra State gubernatorial election, with his manifesto to transform Anambra into another Dubai.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by sjeezy8: 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2009
I dont care let him have the 2015 presidency cool
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by OvieE: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2009
sjeezy8:

I dont care let him have the 2015 presidency cool

To loot more right?
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by sjeezy8: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
OvieE:

To loot more right?

yess ohh in jesus name.  cool
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by sjeezy8: 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
In jesus name anyone, say amen any minute
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by metalgong5(m): 12:12am On Dec 04, 2009
Foolish journalist + Dumb Poster ========= ? sad

No cheap blackmail would stop Soludo from becoming the governor come 2010.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by naijaking1: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2009
@poster
When would you learn that to call someone a thief in many civilized cultures, you need some sort of court conviction, not wild propaganda designed to deflect heat away from the abyssmal performances of the current CBN director.
While I agree that some questions need answering regarding Soludo's tenure at CBN, I don't think Sanusi's so-called cleansing actions and questionable sudden accumulation of wealth by Soludo amounts to conviction for theft. It only means more investigation needs to be done.
While Sanusi is cleaning house, maybe you could tell him to focus on the nation's financial future and not waste our precious time giving political speeches about tribalism, religion, and his interpretation of morality. In a few years, we would have an opportunity to compare and contrast Sanusi vs Soludo as CBN governors, until then, please be civilized for once.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by AloyEmeka6: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2009
How did Soludo get the money he is spendin from his N500k a month salary as the CBN governor?
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by adigun101: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2009
We have been through this before.
Why has your god sent Sanusi not even dare point a finger at him.
Why has your fearless and aggressive EFCC not invited him or even implicated him.
The people in position are not doing their job properly.
Men stop wasting our time , close this thread jare!
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by naijaking1: 12:22am On Dec 04, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

How did Soludo get the money he is spendin from his N500k a month salary as the CBN governor?
Shame on you embarassed
I thought you should know better than to title this thread the way you did simply because you don't know how he is financing his campaign.
Go ask him, you fool shocked
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by cantell(m): 12:25am On Dec 04, 2009
Whats your damn business aloy~emeka? Do you have any prove for these stupid allegations?
Stop these pathetic propaganda.
Lock this thread .
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by AloyEmeka6: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2009
cantell:

Whats your damn business aloy~emeka? Do you have any prove for these stupid allegations?
Stop these pathetic propaganda.
Lock this thread .
grin grin grin LWKMD grin grin grin

Did we lock the thread when Bode George was on fire for doing the same thing?
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by sjeezy8: 12:30am On Dec 04, 2009
yeaahhhhhhh i cant stop laughing

this thread is funny as hell
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by naijaking1: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

grin grin grin LWKMD grin grin grin

Did we lock the thread when Bode George was on fire for doing the same thing?
There you go again!
I don't know what you've been drinking/smoking/injecting, but Bode George was tried, convicted, and sentenced. And you're still comparing him with Soludo
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 04, 2009
this is a very lazy argument

if Soludo is not worth less than 5 times the sum of his Annual Salary then he is a thief.
Hellooooooo!!!! people who know what they are doing invest their money wisely and do other jobs to make more money. If you have not been doing this then I think you need to spend more time being creative than trying to blackmail others.

Meanwhile, you have not provided any proof that Soludo bribed anyone in cash or in kind. You need to provide proof, the onus is on the accuser to proove his case.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by AloyEmeka6: 1:22am On Dec 04, 2009
Let me change the title to:

Chief Dr Clepto Soludo.
CEO, Erastus akingbola enterprises
Group MD, Cecilia Ibru industries
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2009
@ Alloy-Emeka

This is how he made the money he has been spending
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:47am On Dec 04, 2009
@ Alloy-Emeka

I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities. 

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by PapaBrowne(m): 1:59am On Dec 04, 2009
Soludo's popularity grows by the day.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by OPCman: 2:44am On Dec 04, 2009
O'tan ! (e don finish).
I have said it in one of comments here (Nairaland) or other newspaper that, to be successful in Nigeria just call yourself, a Professor or Doctor. Or put Ph.D infront of your name shikena, you don arrive. You will be sought like a hot cake by the dummy who are not very intelligent but happened to have opportunity to be in the corridor of power.

Sunny_bobo:

@ Alloy-Emeka

I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities.

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA; United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees

Sanusi Lamido is not a professor but compare what his doing to what a professor and former world bank consultant did for 4 years as a CBN governor, Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo was not a doctor but compared what he did in Western region with all those carryng paper qualification about i.e Dr Azikwe, Obasanjo did not go to university but compare his administration with this so called fools with MSc in Chemistry and his deputy with Doctorate in Zoology.
In Great Britain, all the present PrimeMinister (Gordon Brown) has is first degree in Business Accounting but he is now being awarded an honourary degree as one the world Greatest Thinkers in world economy.

Soludo listed all these hard working achievemnets but does that qualified him to be stealing the public money as well or qualified him to be conniving with people to run the country economy down? What did Nigeria/Nigerian benefited from his supernatural brain of being a professor and a consultant to the world bank? What was the exchange rate to a dollar before he was put incharge and what was it before he left? Did his tenure put extra food on Nigerians table? And why did he want to be a governor of a state after being a governor of the a country's bank; why not return to his world bank consultancy job, which I believe is more rewarding.

Bottom line is, na only Ibo this man can fool . He can not fool the Northerners and the Yorubas. Go and ask Obasanjo, the man will tell you he made a big mistake for put him incharge of Nigeria money, very big mistake
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by PapaBrowne(m): 3:04am On Dec 04, 2009
OPCman:

Sanusi Lamido is not a professor but compare what his doing to what a professor and former world bank consultant did for 4 years as a CBN governor, Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo was not a doctor but compared what he did in Western region with all those carryng paper qualification about i.e Dr Azikwe, Obasanjo did not go to university but compare his administration with this so called fools with MSc in Chemistry and his deputy with Doctorate in Zoology.
Bottom line is, na only Ibo this man can fool . He can not fool the Northerners and the Yorubas. Go and ask Obasanjo, the man will tell you he made a big mistake for put him incharge of Nigeria money, very big mistake

Mr OPC, even the incoherence in your speech gives you away as one who shouldn't have any moral authority to speak on things academic.

Sanusi for crying out loud, as every expert has come to know has only succeeded in causing major chaos in the NIgerian economy. The impact of his actions are just beginning to be felt on the Nigerian economy.
You might not have the capacity to understand, if not I would have brought out data to show you how much damage has been done to the Nigerian economy since August when he started his drunkeness.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by mekusxxx: 3:14am On Dec 04, 2009
Crap. This is EFCC era and I doubt that they will let Soludo, an Igbo man, steal money and go scot free. Crappy article, crappy journalist, crappy opposers of Soludo.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by nduchucks: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
A spade is not a spade, but a golden spoon, as long as the spade is conneceted to my region, tribe, or state!!

de time wey dem open de yansh of Alamieyeseigha, na so people from de state defend am, we dey see de same phenomenon now. if enlightened and so-called educated ones among una, no fit ask legitimate questions how soludo get all dis money, then una desearve de thieving leaders.

most of you people are either quite naive, very dishonest, or your judgement has been beclouded by tribalism. what a shame!
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by walata44(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
I can't beleive the support Soludo is getting from the legit questions the thread was asking. Due to tribalism and all sort, Nigerian can now see black and call it white.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by mbulela: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
mikeansy:

this is a very lazy argument

if Soludo is not worth less than 5 times the sum of his Annual Salary then he is a thief.
Hellooooooo!!!! people who know what they are doing invest their money wisely and do other jobs to make more money. If you have not been doing this then I think you need to spend more time being creative than trying to blackmail others.

Meanwhile, you have not provided any proof that Soludo bribed anyone in cash or in kind. You need to provide proof, the onus is on the accuser to proove his case.

yours is an even lazier argument.
even if he was investing his entire salary, what kind of returns was he making on the investments to enable him splash money around in the name of campaigning.
unles he was investing in 419.
it is either he was stealing while in govt or he has another godfather bankrolling him (if that is the case, another Chris Uba or Emeka Offor scenario awaits Anambra). both are different sides of the same coin.
what kind of mythical investment are you referring to?
The type Erastus Akingbola has been into all this while?
Do you think you are talking to kids in kindergarten or a bunch of retards here?
The onus is on no one.He should carry on with his fellow barbarians.
Just remind you slimy prof that we, the people will never be fooled all the time.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by PapaBrowne(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2009
mbulela:

yours is an even lazier argument.
even if he was investing his entire salary, what kind of returns was he making on the investments to enable him splash money around in the name of campaigning.
unles he was investing in 419.
it is either he was stealing while in govt or he has another godfather bankrolling him (if that is the case, another Chris Uba or Emeka Offor scenario awaits Anambra). both are different sides of the same coin.
what kind of mythical investment are you referring to?
The type Erastus Akingbola has been into all this while?
Do you think you are talking to kids in kindergarten or a bunch of retards here?
The onus is on no one.He should carry on with his fellow barbarians.
Just remind you slimy prof that we, the people will never be fooled all the time.

Only a lazy man with little brain would depend on a 500,000 naira salary when he has the capacity intellectually to make much much more.
This is a guy that consulted for 18 international organizations. Do you know how much these organisations pay in consulting fees?
If only you knew how lucrative!!
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2009
walata44:

I can't beleive the support Soludo is getting from the legit questions the thread was asking. Due to tribalism and all sort, Nigerian can now see black and call it white.

It is a terrible shame !!! This man ought to be investigated, and we need to make sure we ask these questions regardless of tribe, religion or sex!
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by mbulela: 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Only a lazy man with little brain would depend on a 500,000 naira salary when he has the capacity intellectually to make much much more.
This is a guy that consulted for 18 international organizations. Do you know how much these organisations pay in consulting fees?

you are probably ignorant of what you are talking about in terms of the lucrativeness of the consultancies or ignorant ofwhat campaigning for governorship in Anambra entails financially.
In fact you may be ignorant of both.
it seems his investments from all these consultancies you are touting matured only after he became CBN governor?
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by blacksta(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2009
PapaBrowne:

The fact u consulted for 18 months does not justify doling out billions of naira in bribe money  -  For your information a typcical consultant gets btw $350 to $1000 a day. As someone once mentioned the only people Soludo will fool is the Igbo tribe and definitely not the rest of Nigeria
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by mbulela: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2009
all this his intellectual capacity led our banking sector to the ruin it is in today.
Nigerians and hype.
Re: Thief Dr Soludo by onyengbu1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2009
Fact is:

1. Soludo has not been indicted (let alone convicted) of being responsible for the banking crisis.

2. Aloy and co should wait for that to happen before they begin their cruxifixion.

3. His source of income before he became CBN governor is enough for the money has spent ( not the ones rumoured in the press).

4. Soludo is one of the brightest mind in this country; an achiever and risk taker none of you detractors can take it away from him.

AND FINALLY, HE IS GOING TO BECOME ANAMBRA GOVERNOR COME MARCH 2010.

You can all go and hang yourselves. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Apc’ll Take Over Abia In 2015 –okorocha of imo / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.