Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,100 members, 7,916,198 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread (44432 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the 2010 African Cup of Nations?

Nigeria: 46% (114 votes)
Ivory Coast: 24% (61 votes)
Ghana: 6% (15 votes)
Cameroon: 6% (17 votes)
Angola: 1% (4 votes)
Algeria: 0% (0 votes)
Egypt: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by RuuDie(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
So, so cruel on the malians. . . . they saved the best for last but unfortunately, not enough! Kanoute & Co. thanks for some very splendid entertainment  though.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
chic2pimp:

COTE D'IVORE!!!!!!
she is back!!!! cheesy grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
mukina2:

she is back!!!! cheesy grin grin
I know you've missed me. Don't worry, I've also missed tapping that gigantic booty of yours wink grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
yes oh i missed you, Diego's baby mama sad nor run away like that again oh sad grin

supporting Yaya T too? cool grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
what made Mali miss out? the scored 7 goals, conceded 6, that's 4 points plus 1 goal.
Algeria scored 1 goal, conceded 3 goals, that's 4 points with -2 goals.

are they still using head to head or what is this all about?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by allboyz(m): 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
angola went tru 5 points

Algeria 1st game - down 3 nil won against Mali and drew against Angola - 4 points with a -1 GD

Mali drew 4 -4 lost 2 nil won 3 - 1 - 4 points with GD of +2. . .

i think Mali goes thru
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by okunoba(m): 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
sadly 4 Mali they still use head to head not goal difference, a terrible rule against attacking football.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Borat1: 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Head to Head rule stands,
Mali fly home
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by allboyz(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
okunoba:

sadly 4 Mali they still use head to head not goal difference, a terrible rule against attacking football.

Rubbish and Nonsense !!! the reason why Africa football would never grow!! - a team won and play well and scored much goals than its rival yet they got kicked out!!! its useless scoring much goals then and hence. .  .there should NOT be any thing called the Highest goal scorer award!!!

what if on the day both teams played their head-head game(like when M,ali lost 2 nil to ALG),the other opponent had injuries worries? its a silly yardstick to judge qualification into the next round. . . .

its just reminded me of the 06 world cup qualification. . .imagine the likes of Angola Togo at the world cup. . .its an Insult to Africa football!!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by DrKitaun(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
Sagamite's fave Nigerian coach is out . . . . grin

sorry, but I never wanted Mali nor Stephen Keshi to do well in this tourney . . . personal beef if u ask me cool
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
honeric01:

why? how did u come up with that? who won between Mali and malawi?
Don't you think it's time you update yourself on football matters? cheesy
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chamotex(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
lalaboi:

Malawi just missed a golden chance. . . .

tis ppl go equalise mahn. . .

chic2pimp:

COTE D'IVORE!!!!!!

What channel did you guys watch the game.

Bloody Eurosport were showing Bobsleigh World Cup and Australian Open  . . . . . Imagine!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by lalaboi(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
lol. . .They useless mahn. . , Na online i watch am o. . .
Eurosport na yeye. . ,

BBC will show from semi finals to finals. . .Dont knw why they didnt show the whole thing this year!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chamotex(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
I can still understand Australian Open but bloody Bobsleigh over Football??  angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Dont have broadband to watch online anymore . . . I'm using a USB stick cry cry
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by lalaboi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
lol. . .USB stick lol. . .U nor fit steal Broadband? lol
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
How can CAF be using head to head for group matches. What happened to pts and GD? Na wa o. A team won 3-1 and came back from 4-0 down and lost by a lone goal but wouldn't qualify. A team that only scored a goal and conceded 3 goals now qualified. I don't understand how a team that scores 1 goal in 3 games will be better than a team that scored 7?
Shame on CAF!
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by Sauron1: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
tkb417:

How can CAF be using head to head for group matches. What happened to pts and GD? Na wa o. A team won 3-1 and came back from 4-0 down and lost by a lone goal but wouldn't qualify. A team that only scored a goal and conceded 3 goals now qualified. I don't understand how a team that scores 1 goal in 3 games will be better than a team that scored 7?
Shame on CAF!

Mali knew about these rules before playing in the competition. . . . .No excuses.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by honeric01(m): 11:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
FBS:

Don't you think it's time you update yourself on football matters? cheesy

i dey for CAF, no make me vex for u oo angry tongue

how can a team who scored just 1 goal in 3 matches qualify over a team that scored 7 goals? isn't that bullshit? the same points but mali had +1, this sucks big time.

HEAD TO HEAD SHOULD GO TO HELL

Bleep ISSA HAYATU AND HIS CABAL angry angry angry angry , infact he's getting too old for African football.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by mukina2: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Issa Hayatou how i wish the cabinda rebels has straightened him out angry
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chamotex(m): 12:15am On Jan 19, 2010
lalaboi:

lol. . .USB stick lol. . .U nor fit steal Broadband? lol

I don't steal . . . . I'm not like you.

It's only temporary though, will be back on my broadband ish very soon.
Got some issues to sort out with BT that's all. grin grin
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 3:12am On Jan 19, 2010
~Sauron~:

Mali knew about these rules before playing in the competition. . . . .No excuses.

Those rules suck and CAF is a jerk
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 3:14am On Jan 19, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sagamite's fave Nigerian coach is out . . . . grin

sorry, but I never wanted Mali nor Stephen Keshi to do well in this tourney . . . personal beef if u ask me cool

shocked shocked shocked
Ah ah Kit
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by A40(m): 3:47am On Jan 19, 2010
tkb417:

Shame on CAF!
Their brains are powered by shitbricks. That rule is a disgusting one! They even had a -2 goal difference to boot how else do you encourage mediocrity??
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by 9ijaprince(m): 6:45am On Jan 19, 2010
OMG! Was Mali eliminated? What nonsence rule is that?
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2010
Yes a nonsense rule it is and I don't know why CAF (shame to them) decided to use it. . .but yes Mali knew the rules, so no excuses.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2010
i dont think its about Mali knowing or not

we are talking about footie laws and rules that work in cross purposes with what they preach

if Football rewards goalscorers, give priviledges to goal scoring teams ( like we have in the global scene), how come a team who had one shot at goal and conceded more will be a better representative of that group in the knockout?

its absurd to preach free flowing footie and goal scoring and you now reward those who chose not to score or cannot score as the case may be

CAF is a bunch of nitwits- cant work with such people
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2010
OK I get ya point.
FIFA . . .CAF . . .rubbish set of people.
Honestly I don't get that sort of rule. . .a silly and baseless one.

Mali launch protest as they leave Africa Cup of Nations
The Mali Football Federation (FMF) made a protest to the Confederation of African Football (Caf) over the Angola versus Algeria game.
Mali claim the sides purposefully played out a goalless draw that ensured they both progressed to the Africa Cup of Nations quarter-finals.
However, Algeria's Hameur Bouazza insists his side were trying to win.
"We wanted to keep the ball and we knew Mali were winning 3-1 and we tried to score the goal," he said.
The draw in the final Group A game resulted in Algeria finishing level on four points with Mali, who beat Malawi 3-1 in their final match.
Algeria, though, advanced thanks to their better head-to-head record with Mali after the Desert Foxes beat the Eagles in their group game.
In their protest to Caf the FMF claimed the attitude of both sides was contrary to Fifa's ethics of fair play.
The FMF also stated that Caf had taken action in the past, for instance neither Cameroon nor Egypt were given points for a draw that occurred at the 2001 African Junior Championship.
However, Angola defender Rui Marques insisted there was nothing untoward.
"I don't think any team wants to take the risk of conceding a goal and maybe going out of the tournament," he told BBC Sport.
"In the first half they started much better than us that's why we were a little bit scared of conceding a goal which was a big, big risk for us.
"In the second half we were better but the football just didn't happen."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8467456.stm
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by FBS: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2010
Africa Cup of Nations fixtures

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Burkina Faso v Ghana, Gp B, 17:00
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by tkb417(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
its sad for Mali o sad
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2010
chamotex:

What channel did you guys watch the game.

Bloody Eurosport were showing Bobsleigh World Cup and Australian Open . . . . . Imagine!!! angry angry angry angry
INTERNET!!!!!

mukina2:

yes oh i missed you, Diego's baby mama sad nor run away like that again oh sad grin

supporting Yaya T too? cool grin
Okay madame I don hia you grin
And yes i'm supporting yaya and the boyz.
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 5:14am On Jan 20, 2010
Is Amodu still in charge?
I thinK Ogunjobi is just trying to remove a bit of pressure from Amodu's shoulders by saying he wont be sacked so he can concentrate throughout the remaining games of AFCON,thereafter the presidential directive would be effected.

I'd rather have Seun take us to the world cup than Amodu
Re: Africa Nations Cup Angola 2010. The Official Thread by rasputinn(m): 5:17am On Jan 20, 2010
Hey Muks,how ya doing? kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply)

Famous Footballers Involved In Ghastly Car Accidents (see List, Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Expecting A Set Of Twins. / Biography Of Stanley Nwabali: Net Worth, Career, Marital Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.