Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:36 AM

Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. (15202 Views)

In Need Of A Job (Really urgent)!!! / 4 Tips To Help You Write A CV When You’ve Got No Work Experience / JOBS TIPS: Here Are 4 Exclusive Tips For Human-Human Networking As A Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2017
Okay, I’m no Messiah but I feel within 2 months of discreet and relentless search, right about any graduate should be able to get a Job within 3 months, If that’s all you care about.

1. Lower your standard

I understand how we all nursed the idea of graduating and landing a Job that pays 1 million right from school. Well the sad truth is that those jobs do exist, they are just rarely offered to people that dream about them.
My point here is that if all you care about is getting a job, changing that unemployed status of your to Gainfully Employed, one of the things you should do is to lower your expectations.
I saw a pool on Twitter the other day by @OgbeniDipo, apparently, less than 50% of Nigerian (2014 – 2016) Graduates earn more than #100,000. So you should have a rethink what opportunities you turn down or look away from.
Don’t accept the job of a cleaner, or a job you’re abused because you’re lowering your standard. Take a job you like doing and contributes to your development or aligns with your goals and future aspirations no matter how Cheap it seems.

2. Start Using Linkedin

Not go there and register and surf once in a while. Using linkedin to get a job starts with setting up a complete profile that reflects each and everything you have done in the past 7 years.
The Next thing to do after setting up your profile is to responsibly build up your connections. Don’t accept or send a connection invitation to every dick, john and harry. Be very selective and build your connection around your preferred industries and important personnels.
You are most likely to get a Feedback when you apply for a Job on Linkedin.
There are don’t on LinkedIn.
• Don’t go ahead and post “I’m Interested” on a post that already has a hundred or a thousand.
• Don’t use the Linkedin Job search, it has been sabotaged by greedy bloggers and traffic hungry job boards.

3. Edit your CV before every job application

Remember that one CV cannot suit all jobs. So be ready to edit your CV every time you want to apply for a Job. If you really want to know what recruiters think about your CV, ask a professional or experienced person in the industry. Accept the criticism and improve on it.
• DON’T NAME YOUR CV “CV” or “RESUME”. Let it be “FULL NAME CV”

4. Visit at least 3 Job boards at least two times daily

Extreme situations they say demands extreme measures. I will honestly advice job seekers to make use of not two but three job boards and visit each of these three at least 2 times daily. The reason is that you want to know what firms are recruiting and you want to be the first to apply.
There is really no point applying for a job after a week they started receiving CVs. The reality is that your CV/Application will most probably be lost in the crowd.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Phunkyposh(f): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Brilliant points
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
Terieslaw:
Join the #MMMISYOU campaign now live in Edo state, BeninCity, invite your friends let Edo state know that with MMM we can change the globe.
join us on fb for more information https://web./MMMEDOCHAPTER/ or call the following numbers; 09066300583 or 08061185351

Go get a real job/handiwork and stop look fo r free money. These scheme encourage laziness.

4 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Jglad(f): 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
What if u av been doing all of the above but still no job? Pls wat next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
Jglad:
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Jglad(f): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2017
DMeanMan:

Is it that you have been getting no Interview invitations or you goof at interviews?

No interviews
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
Jglad:

No interviews
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2017

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Jglad(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2017
DMeanMan:
Jglad I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your CV is not a Hit, here are the long list of 10 Things I noticed.

1. You don't need 2 email address

2. You don't need 2 phone numbers

3. You don't need your Next of Kin on your CV

4. You don't need a 4 line paragraph describing your "Capabilities"

5. State of Birth, LGA, Nationality, Marital Status, Gender, Religion are not needed.

6. The section labeled "other information" should be "Leadership Experience"

7. Kindly introduce a bullet section for your "Skills"

8. Your Objective is very general and conventional. Change it to something you thought out yourself.

9. Where you had your NYSC is not on your CV. Include it if you can.

10. Build more on your job responsibilities during I.T

U can as well, Send me my flaws personally... If u really wanted to help.

And thank God I told u, I edited before sending.. Thanks anyways. I did learn a few things. Thanks alot

Modified ***

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
Jglad:

And thank God I told u, I edited before sending.. U didn't really want to help, u just wanted to show off. Thanks anyways. I did learn a few things. Thanks alot

Please Madam, pick a struggle.

I just wanted to show off undecided I could be very Mean too. Look at my Name shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
Let's learn to take constructive criticism!
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by majour(m): 6:20am On Feb 08, 2017
DMeanMan:
Let's learn to take constructive criticism!

Mind if I send mine to you, please I need a second eyes on mine, being getting interviews but none has called me so far, please, if u don't mind
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 08, 2017
majour:
Mind if I send mine to you, please I need a second eyes on mine, being getting interviews but none has called me so far, please, if u don't mind

No problem. Send to @gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2017
Jglad:

And thank God I told u, I edited before sending.. U didn't really want to help, u just wanted to show off. Thanks anyways. I did learn a few things. Thanks alot

They are not your flaws but flaws on your CV. So for taking the time to help review your CV what the Op gets in return is some disparaging and snide remarks as words of appreciation. What's the fuss all about if he critiques your CV here? At least, other nairalanders like you and I can get to learn from it and edit similar mistakes on our cv too. Take this from me, this attitude won't help you in your job search. I'm talking from experience.

Bia Dmeanman, I no know say you don add HR work join your engineering work o. This one wey you just dey churn out career tips per second billing like say you be father Christmas. Biko, make I send you my CV? I need review too mbok, na only those Omo ale jatijati GNLD dey invite me for interview.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by nmreports: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2017
Great tips.

One major mistake we also make is not getting information about the said organization. This is your major mistake job seeker.

# How do they work?.
# What is their application and recruitment process.
# And general information about how to write an application letter or write a good CV.

Visit this thread first to understand my points:
https://www.nairaland.com/3593380/join-group-information-job-cvs

You cannot just be applying for jobs in the dark. You need to be informed.

On www.HRtechnique.com you can also get insights into every stage of the recruitment processes of these companies. If you cannot find yours, make a request or use the search tab. They are there.

Yes follow the Ops points, get a good CV review, make changes as recommended but more importantly, be informed.

DMeanMan sorry about the girl that did not appreciate your effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Phunkyposh(f): 7:24am On Feb 08, 2017
DMeanMan:

It's either your CV is not convincing at first glance or

You have been applying for the wrong jobs smiley

send your CV to @ gmail.com. Let me give you my honest review wink

Please don't quote this post.

hello , please i don't mean to bother you. can u review mine too

1 Like

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by noadvertjobs: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2017
‎Very nice tips.

Also visit www.noadvertjobs.com regularly to be the first to know about latest job opportunities that are not advertised on newspapers or online.

We work hard to bring you jobs that many people don't know about so our fans can be the first to secure such jobs.

And if you are in doubt if any job or company is real or scam, send us a tweet to our twitter handle @noadvertjobs and we will respond immediately or send us a mail to: noadvertjobs@gmail.com

Note: we have stopped helping to connect graduates to companies since last year, we hope to resume soonest.‎

1 Like

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by chuksjuve(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2017
The hustle for job is getting staretegic day by day

Instead of struggling to get jobs, why not leverage on a learnt skill or trade?

Meanwhile

we offer the best in Horticulture, Landscape and garden beautification/ service

We add value your real estate property/ projects using flowers.

For more check my signature or call/ text/ chat us on 08176022315

Chukkyconcepts Landscape & Beautifications
Beyond just planting flowers; we bring nature closer to you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Antoeni(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2017
Oga thanks but being self Employed is the best

2 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Phunkyposh(f): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2017
LastMumu:

They are not your flaws but flaws on your CV. So for taking the time to help you review your CV what the Op gets in return is some disparaging and snide remarks as words of appreciation. What's the fuss all about if he critiques your CV here? At least, other nairalanders like you and I can get to learn from it and edit similar mistakes on our cv too. Take this from me, this attitude won't help you in your job search. I'm talking from experience.

Bia Dmeanman, I no know say you don add HR work join your engineering work o. This one wey you just dey churn out career tips per second billing like say you be father Christmas. Biko, make I send you my CV? I need review too mbok.

i read your comment and posts , that name doesnt befit you, kindly change it to something better, Thanks
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by SexyNairalander: 7:30am On Feb 08, 2017
booked
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by noadvertjobs: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2017
Jglad:
Have you tried sending unsolicited application to companies

Have you tried connecting with HRs and company managers on linkedin and trying to send them some professional career opportunity inquiry

Have you tried submitting CV to companies in hard copy by visiting their offices in person; sometimes it works even when it seems not normal

Have you tried to acquire new demanding skill in your field or a related field

The truth is; don't give up until you secure that your desired job, persistence pays.

2 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by femi4: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2017
DMeanMan:

It's either your CV is not convincing at first glance or

You have been applying for the wrong jobs smiley

send your CV to @ gmail.com. Let me give you my honest review wink

Please don't quote this post.
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 08, 2017
Phunkyposh:

i read your comment and posts , that name doesnt fit you, kindly change it to something better, Thanks

A Leopard can't change its spot, a Zebra can't change its stripe, I can't change my name, it is who I'm. I'm lastmumu. embarassed

Thanks for the compliment. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2017
DMeanMan's email is about to get bombarded with CVs for review. His topic hit frontpage. Laugh wan kill me die. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by Acetyl(m): 7:42am On Feb 08, 2017
DMeanMan:

Is it that you have been getting no Interview invitations or you goof at interviews?
bro could you also help me check mine? Should I send it to your email stated above? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by lollmaolol(m): 7:45am On Feb 08, 2017
What have we not done angry, i don't know if all dreams come true in this part of the world.
Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by fromnigeria(m): 7:49am On Feb 08, 2017
Every list to success i see daily basis that does not include/underline the importance of the ' God factor' is useless and invalid.

'God-sciousness' should be #1 on every list to secondary success except for an unbeliever.

1 Like

Re: Want A Job Really Bad? Here Are 4 Tips To Get One In 2 Months. by asahnwaKC: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2017
Add your pic to the resume...you never can tell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.