Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,141 members, 7,970,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:35 AM

Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey (792 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos) / Is It Necessary To Call Your Co-workers Aunty/Bros? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by r231(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
Something quite interesting happened just recently. I saw a position advertised at work through the intranet. This position matched my fiance's qualification and experience very well, not to mention that it would also give her a unique opportunity for a promotion to the next hierarchy in her field of specialization.

I should also add that she's quite happy with her current job and employer but like anyone else, I'm sure she wouldn't mind leaving for greener pastures especially when the prospects are very good.

Anyhow, I chewed on it for a few moments. I have no doubt that she'll be a formidable candidate and could very well net the job if invited for an interview, buuuuut would I really want both of us working for the same employer in the same building,  plus there will be frequent professional interactions between my department and the department that placed the ad?

My first impression was a capital NO, but there's no way that I was going to deny my lovely fiance of an opportunity for career advancement.

So I shot her an email with the job description, told her to check it out and to let me know if I should submit her CV internally for the position. It wasn't even up to 10 minutes after I sent the email that my phone rang. It was my fiance! Well, guess what? She said she wasn't interested because--wait for this o--she does NOT want us working for the same employer! I feigned a surprise and asked her what was wrong with us working for the same employer. She said nothing o but that its awkward and that it would be best to give each other some space during professional business hours of the day.

I was thrilled but continued to probe her. I was like supposing you weren't working and needed a job quite badly, that won't she take this one? Her answer was the same, NO! And it was at that point that bursted into laughter and opened up and told her that her viewpoint/preference on this subject was essentially the same as mine.

And so my married pips, wey una dey? What are your thoughts on you and your significant other working in the same building for the same employer? Are you for or against, and why?
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by hotstuff06(f): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
Absolutely against it (For me personally).

As much as I love my husband, I really would not want to work with him in the same company. The only option would be if it was a govt. job and we were in seperate buildings and never have to interact with each other (work related).

I am just fine saying goodbye in the morning, going to work, chatting on the phone, sending sms messages during the day and seeing each other later. As much as I love my hubby, I also need my own SPACE,

My hubby on the other hand would not mind working with me. He started his own business 3 years ago and sincerely asked if I could run the company with him with my expertise, my answer was NO. When I work, i mark my territory and stand up tall when someone is in the wrong, if I had to do that with him, katakata go burst cos he won't back down either. How will I go home at the end of the day, see the same man that probably pissed me off at work and still want to do the deed.
I don't want wahala in my marriage.
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by coolier(f): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2009
No way! We cannot have a matrimonial home and a matrimonial office! I need a breathing space.
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by r231(m): 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
hahaha grin grin grin grin matrimonial office
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by modele2: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
It really depends, my hubby and i have the same employer. Different departments, different buildings. We made up our minds not to cross by each others offices, never to sit together at lunch (i enjoy this one, sometimes i see him and pretend i dont know him, not even a greeting), When we quarrel to leave it at home, no sending of spiteful mails e.t.c., We made sure we both had cars, we leave the office at different times and even come to the office at different times. I try to get home earlier and be a wife so i still have the priviledge of hugging, hearing him open the door and welcoming him with hugs and a hot meal. Becos of our ground rules, i guess i am enjoying it for now.

Advantages
We know when we are paid, bonuses whatever, no room for lies
Have an idea of each others movements and activites, gives a certain comfort without being nosey
we use free IM services for our love notes and marital gossip
We have similar gist so i can flow with his work jargon and he can with mine

Disadvantage
Its putting all ur eggs in one basket, if there is a failure at the centre the family would be badly hit
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by foyeks2001(f): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
capital NO
I dont like it
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by SeanT21(f): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
It depends on what time of man I am married too.
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by ubiaa5(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
Three yrs ago i would have said hell no but presently i am undecided,my husband and i r both lawyers and we work 2gether sort of,he is partners wit two other lawyers n i had to stop work to take k of the children so i work as his paralegal,i do all the briefs,research n generally put cases 2gether while he does the court appearances,so it working out well 4 now becos we r not both cooked up in the same space.But when i eventually go back to work, we wont be working 2gether.
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by Mrdani1luv: 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
undecided undecided
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by axeman85(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
guess it would be fun. i remember telling my fiancee that i wanted to work in their company and if they employed me as a senior management that i wont take nonsense from anybody and she said including her and i said yes. which means if she is late or fall short in any of her duties in the office, i give her query of put her on a disciplinary and when we get home we can fight it out. lol work is work yes i can work in same office with, i dont mix business with pleasure but its gonna be fun. bonking in the office during lunch or less busy times. grin
Re: Co-workers: Hubby & Wifey by ubiaa5(f): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
tongue
axeman85:

guess it would be fun. i remember telling my fiancee that i wanted to work in their company and if they employed me as a senior management that i wont take nonsense from anybody and she said including her and i said yes. which means if she is late or fall short in any of her duties in the office, i give her query of put her on a disciplinary and when we get home we can fight it out. lol work is work yes i can work in same office with, i dont mix business with pleasure but its gonna be fun. bonking in the office during lunch or less busy times. grin
get ur mind out of the gutter. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Ladies How Did(do) You Know He's The One After Letting Go Of Other Good Men? / Please Read / Are You A Domestic/family CEO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.