Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? (4838 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Are Nigerian Movies Actually The Best In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by dakmanzero(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
Whoa. Gdon.

Is it you that did that atrocious Ijoya video?!?!?!?!?

Christ. Please for Gods sake tell me that wasn't you.

And here I was Idolising u like the don of grafiks, lolololololol

Ah well. EOTRS has redeemed u cheesy. And its good cos it means we will (hopefully) never see the likes of Ijo ya again! aaaaaaaagh
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by grafikdon: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
lol. . . EOTRS was a 2006 affair so that means there's been more improvement since then . . . watch out for Captain Waka Waka. . . lol just kidding on the Waka Waka ish.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by moondust(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2007
haba darkman

dat video win award o! lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by grafikdon: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2007
@ D'zero, in the words of Kemjisuper, you're one in a million, I still need 999,999,999 people to tell me Ijoya is atrocious, grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by dakmanzero(m): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
Abeg gdon

My wish is that its not 1 person, but two

And that the other person is you. haba dont u cringe when u watch it nowadays!?!??!/!?/1?

moondust

The one eyed will win award when everyone else is blind. Haba. Gdon is the very don but lets call a spade a spade!!!!! Eh! Dont let our one shot at animation talent degenerate into another nollywood
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by grafikdon: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ D'zero grafik was just fooling around

I can't see a spade and call it a cow. . . actually, I cringe when I see anything I did before EOTRS. . . heck I have done better stuff since EOTRS and I kinda don't even like EOTRS at the moment. . . you know, because of the new 'Village Movie'

About the Nollywood stuff. . . nah, don't worry, I am seriously heading towards Mamoru Oshiiwood by every means necessary grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by sirgai(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ grafikdon

Been wanting to meet with the persn/people who did Chika and i knew instantly it was the same crew that did ijoya. i'm with ICStudios and we do 2D animation, i'll like for us to meet and discuss, i'm sure we can help each other out towards yuour next project. have you ever thought of a collabo job?

We do Illustrations, Comics, Animation, Video graphics/production and Advertising.

Lets talk. call the office on 01-8752922 or call me on my cell 08023515239. just ask to speak with sirgai.

expecting.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by moondust(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ Gdon

I'm not saying the video was up to standard, but that it won an award, period!
I've seen a couple of videos u did after that and though there was serious improvement,
the songs were crappy and the work went with them into obscurity.
So, u might want to choose who u work with.

@ Sirgai,Gdon,Darkman,
What I'm seeing in this forum is a group of men that can take this thing to another level,
each of us has skills in varying areas, and everyone has his strong point.
and my bet is if we can work together, we can break barriers and really get to start something
just a suggestion
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by dakmanzero(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
I think so too. smiley

When next I'm in Lagos perhaps we can speak in a bit more detail.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by grafikdon: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ Sirgai,

I'll get back atchya.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by MP007(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2007
nigerian carttoon? where? what will they be showing ? looting and corruption , mikkey obasanjo
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by dappsy001(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys theres this new ent company coming up its called PROMINENT CEASE ENTERTAINMENT they are bringing out a Nigeria series thats called DCOMEBACK and its shot over in America you can check www.prominentcease.com to see what they do. at last Nigerians can be extremly proud of their ent.please lets all support them their stuff is sick and high quality
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by chyk91(m): 3:41am On Dec 22, 2008
cartoons, when we never do movies well well, u dey talk about cartoon. bros cool down dat one na 10 years time im go happen.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by otikpoko(m): 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2008
Maybe in the next 100years before Nigeria will be able to make a standard cartoon that will reach the international market.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by otikpoko(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2008
Maybe in the next 100years before Nigeria will be able to make a standard cartoon that will reach the international market.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by chyk91(m): 12:28am On Dec 26, 2008
oh boy, our movies never tite finish, na cartoon wey we wan do, wonders shall never end oh.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by larrytuche: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2008
I draw, I do graffix and graffiti yet I dont always have enough to buy materials.
I think you dad would think wall graffiti is child's play.
Anyway, check out www.crashercomics.com.
The guy is an OAU product, tryn to work his way to the top, he could do with some money encouragement.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by crudedude(m): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2008
there are very good cartoonists in the nigerian market today,but few people ready to fund them.come to think of it, nigerians at large are yet to see the beauty in this art of entertainment.we prefer to watch DSTV ,n d animes we can lay hands on.that is too bad, i'll love to c a nigerian cartoon someday cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Cartoons Rare? by chyk91(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2008
ha ha ha cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley tongue kiss kiss kiss cry undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Tv Commercial 'mama Na Boy' Is Gender Sensitive. / Spiderman 3 / The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.