Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,425 members, 7,884,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach (7949 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Kidnappers Shot Dead By Security Operatives In Anambra State / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife / Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by reindeer: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
I think guys should just postpone their trips this year.I think tis is another reflection of 'money worship' that has become the norm in nigeria, everyone just wants to get money anyhow.

its unfortunate we have this kind of development, whats even more unfortunate is that grown ups, educated folks cant even think straight except in yoruba or igbo.
So sad for Nigeria.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by ponytail: 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2009
I think we are missing the point on this thread, where there is money to be made from criminal activities, tribal lines become blurry, the trend has been in the South South, the South West and the South East. We really should be thinking of how to nip this thing in the bud before Nigeria turns to Colombia.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by software(m): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2009
they are not spoiling anything ooo. they are only taking what belongs to them, ha ha, the so called rich men, are their hands clean also? God help naija ojare,
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by collinx(m): 12:29am On Dec 08, 2009
Now respect for the aged has gone with the winds,the youths' has lost all sense of humanity while greed has taken over their thoughts!
I pray these idiots will never grow old but be treated in a more horrible nature all the days of their miserable lives!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by nkemjou(f): 1:48am On Dec 08, 2009
kai 9ja is no mre mkn sense oh, sad
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by igboboy1(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2009
[size=16pt]Love it or Hate it Sjeezy, Igbos are here to stay in LAGOS, keep acting as if lagos na ur grand papa property, we going anywhere we wanna go, your sentiments are pretty much like that of the kkk in America, blacks are here to stay in America, [/size] grin
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Akanbiedu(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
software:

they are not spoiling anything ooo. they are only taking what belongs to them, ha ha, the so called rich men, are their hands clean also? God help naija ojare,

This is a very irresponsible comment
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by olabowale(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
As am very saddened by whats happening to my people, the nigerian populace after all these decades of end of Civil War, the 5th starting on the 15th of january 2010, we seem to not have learnt anything from all of these. I am wondering why a person should be afraid to live where he chooses to live, especially when he can afford it? I wonder even more intensely at the rational of the tribalism, sectionlaism, regionalism, painting people with broad strokes of horrible paint liberally carried by the brush of disunity.

@reindeer: « #96 on: Yesterday at 10:48:58 PM »
I think guys should just postpone their trips this year.I think tis is another reflection of 'money worship' that has become the norm in nigeria, everyone just wants to get money anyhow.
its unfortunate we have this kind of development, whats even more unfortunate is that grown ups, educated folks cant even think straight except in yoruba or igbo.
So sad for Nigeria
Not only yoruba or igbo, christian and muslim, also! And you a bigtime proponent of the Islam/Christian bit, similar to the bolded!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by ud4u: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
All those militants that surrendered in Oyo state are ibo's abi?

We agree they are, but remember you guys said we are one Nigeria. Look at a peaceful thread gradually tured to a tribal thread.

One Nigeria under my foot
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ bluetooth:Yorubas are kidnapping people's money from Bank Accounts. They stole a reverend sister's N81K from UBA. All the same!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
UBA staffers are stealing, lemme call my brother let him get out all our coins from there sef. I still dey tok.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2009
Na so they said mak we pray for Yaradua'a wey carry we money run go tanda for Saudi Arabia, ordinary 9ja man with that kind of hin problem, na grave dey welcome oh. Yeye people, yeye country!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by JProspero: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
Sometimes one gets annoyed by some people who seem to think through their anuses. Any time a serious issue is brought up, some tribal bigot adds ethnicity in it. It started again on this thread with Sjeezy or what saying kidnapping was an Igbo thing, and all hell was let loose.

When South-South militants started kidnapping Whites, some people saw it as a justifiable means of protest against years of neglect. When all the Whites left Niger Delta, they turned to politicians. When politicians ran away from the area, they turned to everybody. Then their nearest Igbo neighbour (Abia) copied it and it spread to the whole South East.

It has entered Yoruba land and some myopic Yoruland are still thinking it is a South East affair. How shallow-minded!

I go home every year with my family but this year, no show. But my worry is that even in Lagos here I am not too comfortable that my kids and wife are safe.

We need to start shouting more for government to do something serious about this EVIL OR CANCER, or let everybody buy a gun and start carrying it about in case, I am so sad about this kidnapping crisis- it kills an economy because nobody wants to bring in his money and invest. And the more people pay ransom, the more they are emboldened to kidnap more people. Lord have mercy!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by sjeezy8: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
igbo boy:

Love it or Hate it Sjeezy, Igbos are here to stay in LAGOS, keep acting as if lagos na your grand papa property, we going anywhere we wanna go, your sentiments are pretty much like that of the kkk in America, blacks are here to stay in America, grin

I can careless honestly its your own state of origin you are abandoning not mine. So be my guess and make sure you bring your money with you ohhhhhhh. We already have tax evading by Lagos indignes and we dont need any unnecessary tax evasion by non indignes.

JProspero:

Sometimes one gets annoyed by some people who seem to think through their anuses. Any time a serious issue is brought up, some tribal bigot adds ethnicity in it. It started again on this thread with Sjeezy or what saying kidnapping was an Igbo thing, and all hell was let loose.

When South-South militants started kidnapping Whites, some people saw it as a justifiable means of protest against years of neglect. When all the Whites left Niger Delta, they turned to politicians. When politicians ran away from the area, they turned to everybody. Then their nearest Igbo neighbour (Abia) copied it and it spread to the whole South East.

It has entered Yoruba land and some myopic Yoruland are still thinking it is a South East affair. How shallow-minded!

I go home every year with my family but this year, no show. But my worry is that even in Lagos here I am not too comfortable that my kids and wife are safe.

Are you ok? you know what, stay where ever you are. Dont go home, infact never go home, you are hurting no one in Lagos or the west but those in your homeland. The more you people move away from your homeland the more you will feel marginalized. grin duh

And kidnapping is most rampant in the SS/SE so dont lie to yourselves. It has nothing to do with tribes.
If you tell me 419 and fraud is in the west I will tell you, yes you are right and i would rather someone empty my bank account than kidnap me and kill me for not paying ransom. I like it that way

I told you people there no hate in sjeezy for any tribe but precautionary measures have to be taken, before you add your own vices, to those already existing in the west.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nezan(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2009
Igbo kwenu!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by jona2: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
hummmmmmm
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by 0hsisi: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
mekusxx thanks for shutting tpia and sjeezy up with your posts about Yoruba kidnappers.
Stupid people that look for opportunities to throw cheap shots at Igbos when there's a lot of garbage at your end.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by koolchicco: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
^^That pot of soup looks sumptuous. wink
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by 0hsisi: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2009
koolchicco:

a di m too much
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by koolchicco: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
0hsisi:

a di m too much

Albeit its yet to be proven. NO?
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Sauron1: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
mekusxxx:

Igbo did not invent kidnapping; Yoruba did more than 100 years ago. What is the meaning of gbomogbomo?
Igbos have never kidnapped Yoruba in Igboland before but Yoruba have kidnapped several Igbos in Ondo state. Let me pull up the articles again

You are a flaming simpleton!!!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by 0hsisi: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
sauron is still alive and well?
praise God.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Sauron1: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2009
0hsisi:

sauron is still alive and well?
praise God.

Wetin go kill me?
Are you going home for Christmas?
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by RichyBlacK(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2009
0hsisi:

a di m too much
koolchicco:

Looks like pot of stew to me.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2009
0hsisi:

mekusxx thanks for shutting tpia and sjeezy up with your posts about Yoruba kidnappers.
silly people that look for opportunities to throw cheap shots at Igbos when there's a lot of garbage at your end.

you must be mad.

This topic has been discussed ad infinitum when the ONE INCIDENT first happened. Yorubas in Igboland immediately swung into action and denounced it in spite of the fact that the perpetrators were most likely not Yoruba. How many times has anyone made a stand against racism and tribalism in your own area?

On Nairaland alone, how many Igbos as a group have done the same (denounced close mindedness) when some Igbos and their supporters start xenophobic rants against other tribes and especially Yorubas?
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2009
igbo boy:

Love it or Hate it Sjeezy, Igbos are here to stay in LAGOS, keep acting as if lagos na your grand papa property, we going anywhere we wanna go, your sentiments are pretty much like that of the kkk in America, blacks are here to stay in America, grin

sorry, KKKs are immigrants just like the blacks.

find another analogy.

Is your village your grandpapa's property?
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by oge4real(f): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
I wonder when all these kidnappings will end. It has become so bad that some of them actually ask for recharge cards before letting their victims go.Imagine that.
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by jona2: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
shocked
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by nadneth: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2009
For anybody to be on NL,i believe he or she must at least be literate to some extent. This is a thread where people are expected to proffer solutions on how to stop this cankerworm that is eating deep into our society,but some people are making it look as if its a regional,sectional or ethnic thing. Whether u like it or yes,crime is everywhere in the world so dont pretend as if people from your tribe are all saints. Kidnapping,robbery are rampant in the SE and South south.Juju,ritual killings,Fraud/419 is the order of the day in the SW. Religious crises in the North. So which one is better? Are they not all crimes?
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by Wallie(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2009
Assuming arguendo that kidnapping is more rampant in some geographic area of the country, how long do you think it will take the criminal elements in other geographic areas to take notice? Do you think criminals are motivated by morals or easy access to make millions?

This might sound cold, especially if the kidnapped person is a loved one, stop paying the ransom! I know it is easier said than done and I’m probably sure that if my family member is kidnapped, I’ll probably pay. But not paying is the only way to discourage the easy access to millions of naira.

Why do you think that the American government adopted the policy of not negotiating with kidnappers? To think of it, kidnapping seems a lot easier than robbing a bank or a house!
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by 0hsisi: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wetin go kill me?
Are you going home for Christmas?

I don't have money
Re: Christmas: Wealthy Igbo Rush To Move Aged Parents Out Of Kidnappers Reach by mccloud224(m): 4:20am On Dec 10, 2009
What a sad development.I know that NL gladiators might want to crucify me for this BUT it is true that most of the kidnappings we hear of are from the eastern part of the country (mainly Anambra and Abia respectively).Let us call a spade a spade.That region is riddled with kidnappers.Even the MEND boys didn't do theirs in this degree and the MEND boys had "goals".These days, what do you see? 81 year old grandmas kidnapped from their homes. . .90 year old grandpas forcefully taken from their sick beds at gun point.I am yet to hear of a northerner or westerner that kidnapped old and dying people for ransom.Of recent, corpses meant for burial are being kidnapped in the CASKET! ! ! This happens if the family is wealthy.

Before some quick "typists" begin to type rubbish, let it be known that i am also from the eastern part of Nigeria and partly Igbo myself.The rate of kidnappings in the east now is completely ridiculous.If you are worth N1 million and above. . .that makes you eligible for kidnap.What kind of human being kidnaps old/dying people becoz of money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Dahiru Musdapher, Asks Jonathan To Reinstate Salami / All Roads In Owerri Main Town Are In A Sorry State.(pix) / Buhari To Attend The Inauguration Of Akufo-Addo, Ghana President-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.