Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,545 members, 7,892,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:31 AM

Heartbroken? Three Ways To Get Over It. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Heartbroken? Three Ways To Get Over It. (552 Views)

South African Man Heartbroken As His Girlfriend Gets Married To Another Man / I Found This When I Checked My Girlfriend's Inbox! I'm Heartbroken! / "I Gave Him All My Heart And He Did This To Me" -Heartbroken Lady Laments. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heartbroken? Three Ways To Get Over It. by Writertainer: 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Disappointment in relationships can be  traumatising. When i went for clinical posting somewhere in Anambra, i encountered a woman who became "mentally challenged" because she was heartbroken when a man he trusted so much disappointed her. You never can tell how deep you could go in the hole of depression when your heart is smashed  just because you trusted so much to love. Here are three ways you can pull yourself out of the mess of heartbreak before its too late!
1. Adjust the spotlight: The reason why you still feel rotten and depressed is because you are still in love but probably angry. Love dims the dark side and places the spotlight on the positive sides of your partner. "Love is blind" they say. If you allow this to remain, you'd stay  heartbroken for long. Here's the trick, you can actually angle your thoughts to more positive realities of life. You can start by assessing the relationship from a new light. Discover the flaws of the lost relationship, see things for what they are and encourage yourself to move on by blocking every thought that will lead you back to the past.
2. Stay out of the way: probably you might have confronted your partner to put things straight but got fat attitude in return, that's okay. You must have expected that but let your expectation lead you to the acceptance of what happened. Then, stay out of the way by eliminating anything that would remind you of that which has ceased to be, like social media(block his or her account if you must, sometimes they put up romantic pictures of their new catch just to tease you and you can't handle that yet), personal picture collections of you together and even places that shout adorable moments shared. There will come a time when you will feel at peace with everything. Then you can go back living your sweet life the way its meant to be.

3. Open your door and windows, they are the passage way for sunlight: bouts of depression and heartbreak are usually characterised by avoiding contact with people. You shut the world out and drain alone. You cry for weeks and stay on bed day and night. Now, how do you expect the  beautiful sunlight to find you when you recoil in darkness. Open the door and windows. You need your friends now more than ever. Hang out with them, do things that interest you. At first you might feel like you are being pushed but with little time, you will blend in the vibe. Avoid those disheartening thoughts and stay on the happy lane!
N:B Time heals all things even heartbreak and remember someone is dying to have what someone else has failed to appreciate. Remain positive, forgiveness is the first ever step to healing heartbreak!

If you enjoyed this article, read more at NAIJAGONG.COM

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken? Three Ways To Get Over It. by egbusi1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
great write up.

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken? Three Ways To Get Over It. by jubor(m): 10:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
Your best bet is to distract yourself. Get as many new and interesting people into your life and you will hardly ever remember that person that broke your heart existed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See 16 New Ways To Touch Her Vagina / Are You In Need Of A Rich Sugar Hookup Call 08162835195 / The Big Launch Has Finally Happened (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.