Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,882 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot (25871 Views)

Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS / Navy Burns Illegal Bunkering Site In Port Harcourt As Black Soot Takes Over / Black Soot In Rivers State: RSGV Issues Press Release. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by wokemzine: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2017
It's a lie, how come uniport student aren't complaining about the black soot. Obiri ikwerre road is close to uniport than main town woji where the cry is loudest. Shut down the asphalt plant, but pls find the right culprit, they are out there.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by wokemzine: 10:57am On Feb 11, 2017
unclezuma:
So that's the only asphalt plant in port Harcourt or rivers state?
Good question
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by nnemak(m): 11:01am On Feb 11, 2017
wokemzine:
It's a lie, how come uniport student aren't complaining about the black soot. Obiri ikwerre road is close to uniport than main town woji where the cry is loudest. Shut down the asphalt plant, but pls find the right culprit, they are out there.

I am in the same school of thought! Pls those around the woji should keep checking and confirm if it's totally soot free.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nofuckgiven: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2017
nnemak:

I am in the same school of taughtthought! Pls those around the woji should keep checking and confirm if it's totally soot free.
And yes woji is soot-free! grin
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by toprealman: 11:42am On Feb 11, 2017
larryUG:

I bet u don't know the meaning of a scapegoat.
Someone is responsible for something and you say the person is a scapegoat?
You might be right but the OP has got some valid points too.
When 3 people fart in a room, the one with the loudest sound or maybe the one with most pungent smell gets the unwanted recognition.
Do you think in all honesty that they(the Chinese firm) are the sole perpetrator of this wicked act?
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by ipreach: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2017
dingbang:
They have found a scapegoat....

Check the meaning of scapegoat, please and stop disgracing already disgraced Nigeria educational system

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by ddippset(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
cutelover19:

With all due respect, you're a fool Sir! I was in port Harcourt last month and saw this with my eyes. The lives of people are at stake and all you can think of is the politics of APC & PDP? shame on you! I don't understand why I'm sharing national space with such a dumb slowpoke. Don't bother to quote me cos I won't reply. #peace
without any due respect, you an idiiot.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by iukpe: 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
Was this company recently established, maybe within the last year? I think maybe this Chinese company may have been shut down due to its violation of standards, but to say they are responsible,...
I also think the River State government is looking at the activities of illegal refineries and effects of the military actions in the region.
If the larger case is so, then Bayelsa State may be experiencing the same black sooth.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by iukpe: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
What will the government do about the slaughter at Trans Amadi, where hundreds of motor tyres are burned everyday emitting black smoke day and night, and the sludge simply washed into the nearby river.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Abbeyme: 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ontarget:

What kind of question is this? The public will need to give feedback if the soot has stopped na

Exactly...

They walk, drive and live in PH. They'll equally know that fact. They need not be told. This is public health we are talking about here na.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by poiZon: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
ddippset:
Lol. I hope proper investigation was done and the company found culpable? Because knowing the antecedents of Wike it is very very very possible for him to go and shut one innocent company down especially if the company has any affiliation with Amaechi or an APC member. Wike is very capable of doing that.
so amaechi stole rivers money n gave it to chinese to do business?

U r a pathetic fool.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
lightuplightup:
my only concern is that, do they have all the evidence and concrete facts to conclude that this Chinese firm is solely responsible for the sooth in all parts of port Harcourt ? The task force was set up only 2 days ago and they have finished their assignment in just 48 hours. We need a thorough job pls

If they had taken longer to solve the riddle people like you will complain of the govts laid back approach to the matter. Is there really a way to please Ngerians?
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by nnemak(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Thanks for the correction. That's good news for woji and trams AmadI peeps!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Ibifizzleboy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
Let me observe by Sunday if the soot will stop then I'll come back and comment the remaining part.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Amhappy(f): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
Good news. This company is not far from where I live. There were reports that they were releasing black smoke into the air. They may not be the only culprit but let's start from there. Kudos to Nigeria info fm
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by datizy(f): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Thank God...
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by nnemak(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

I was in woji over the weekend. They had soot but in low quantity. So it's not really gone as of today!
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
wokemzine:

Uniport students are looking for their school fees, we actually have the soot down here but you are right, the ashpalt plant is just a scape goat, the main culprit is from the Refinery/Petrochemical axis and they do the bulk of the release we are told at night when its dark and you can't snap the black smoke belching out of their towers.
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by nnemak(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
any news on this soot?
Re: Rivers State Shuts Down Chinese Company Responsible For Black Soot by Blue3k(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
They should keep their pollution in their country. Not everyone wants to breath smog like the Chinese.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Attack: Zulum Ignored Intelligence - Dennis Amakiri, Ex-DSS Boss / Igboho: NBC Warns TV, Radio Stations On Reporting Herdsmen Quit Notice / 2023: We Will Kneel, Beg Wike Not To Dump Our Party – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.