Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,815 members, 7,942,056 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? (7019 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Which Book Really Teaches How To Build A Million Naira Business In Nigeria / Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by chidebe: 2:28am On Jan 17, 2007
"The purpose driven life" by Rick Warren has impacted me the most. In fact, it is a book I find myself reading over and over again, (I guess I ve read it at least five times). Reading the book will help you understand why you are alive, in addition to revealing God's amazing plan for you - both here and now, and for eternity. If you ve read the stuff, what's your take on it?

And, folks tell us about the most impactful book you ve read and why you think we need to read such.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Ndipe(m): 4:05am On Jan 17, 2007
Mine is The Holy Bible.

Chidebe, abeg, choose The Holy Bible over "The purpose driven life". That should not be used as a substitute for the whole grand picture. Its like settling for crumbs at a feast.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by batolam: 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2007
Fiction? One of them is Crime and Punishment.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by princesa(f): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
um which bookkkkkkkk
well all good books have made great impact in my life
and i cant piont one
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by larekey(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2008
kane and abel by jeff archer motivates me alot especially the part were abel struggles to make ends meet and finally becomes successful.
Another book that has made an impact in my life is a woman of substance by barbara taylor shows a young woman that became successful by working hard and determination.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by tokzyt(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2008
there are so many of them. one is Why u act the way u do, purpose driven life, what matter most,roadmap to success. etc of course, the sure word of God, DA HOLY BIBLE.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by stefykarl: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2008
Mine is Who Moved my Cheese

@Ndipe, your choice is not someone else's choice , you made urs likewise him, and mind u the Bible is the Book of Books, so if he says his is the purpose driven life, isn't it cool? so stop feeling like the righteous, we are talking literature,the Bible is literature too but we learn from evrything.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by ikamefa(f): 2:01am On Jan 16, 2008
Feminine force By Georgette Mosbacher

the message may be summed up by : "Life isn't fair--so what?" however: start by accepting your reality, then you change it.

Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by NextProdigy(m): 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2008
Asides d Bible, i've got to give it to Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
I read this book just when I came out of University and didn't have anything to do. I got my very !st ideas from it and I've not looked back eversince. Been Self employed and I understand the importance of buying assets and not liabilities.
Must read for anyone that wants to get ahead in life financially. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by wisyno(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2008
''The parables of dollars'' by pastor Sam Adeyemi is a great book. I want you guys to read it and be inspired. It is available on www.amazon.com
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by smtprince(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
"so send I thee" by oswald chambers

"Proverbs", " ecclessiastes", "songs of solomon" by Solomon son of david
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by atutupoyo(f): 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2008
Apart from the bible I have alot, Kane and Abel, Butterfly and Stars (What I learnt here is that U can be successful no matter the circumstances that come ur way), The God Father (In all ur dealings be cool, fair, show justice and dont let ur opponents see ur/know ur weakness), 48 laws of power.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by zukkie4eva(f): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2008
Mine is the BIBLE ofcourse, it's d foundation of all my belief.

Francine Rivers' "As sure as dawn" is such a good book too, the story touched me so deeply, very inspiring,
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by saha(f): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2008
Who moved my cheese.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by kingsikaz(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2008
THINK AND GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill

the POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING by Norman Vincent Peale

the POWER OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND by carpenter

what Happen from the CROSS to the THRONE by E.W Kenyon

these books had affected my life positively.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by cecegorz(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2008
1. The Power of positive Thinking - Norman Vincent Pearle

2. Tough Times Never Last - Robert Schuller

3. The Richest Man in Babylon- George Classon

4. 7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness - Jim Rohn

5. Grow Rich with peace of Mind - Napoleon Hill

6. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

7. Buy the Future - Mensah Otabil
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by GL(f): 11:27am On May 12, 2008
The Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers, each of the three books made a great impact on my life.
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by uptowngirl(f): 4:02pm On May 15, 2008
'Cain and Abel' and 'Master of the game'.i got so much inspiration from these works
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by tyna1(f): 4:09pm On May 15, 2008
1.Best among equals
2.The power of positive thinking
3.falling forward
4.5 lessons a millionaire taught me
5.your best life now
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Latoya(f): 1:49pm On May 16, 2008
the bible ,
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Cayon(f): 12:44am On May 18, 2008
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by ATTAHDYE(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2008
THE MAFIA MANAGER by someone who simply calls himself 'V''. There is no year that i've re-read it atleast twice since 2004. it talks about how every successful real businesses we see today are run in reality and the first question you should ask in any venture is 'WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by 4once(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2008
Bleep
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by maedan(f): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
It's terrible that I can't think of even one off the top of my head, that really shaped me. Terrible, I know. Maybe because I haven't read a decent book in ages, although at one point I used to plow through one a day. Maybe if I can get a hold of a great English classic, just to remind me how good books used to be, I'd know what to say. wink
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Udode(f): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2008
I'd have to say:

- Being there by Kosinski
- Candide by Voltaire
- and of course the bilbe
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Udode(f): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2008
Oh and I nearly forgot the most important one:

The Alchemist written by Paulo Coelho

You just got to read it, it is the best book ever and very easy to read.
It might change your life 4 ever!!!
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by 2dcore(f): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
A time to kill by John Grisham
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by lucabrasi(m): 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2008
ill say first the holy bible because a single verse can take years to decipher and understand its meaning and even if you read it for 1000 years you still couldnt fully understand it and p cohelo s alchemist i ve read it 4 times , for me it makes me question so many things about life,its meanings lifes pursuits our journey through life, im sure as soon as i have a little time ill read it the fifth time, its an awesome literary work and u learn new stuffs each time u read it
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by tybanky(f): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
holy bible
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by thetruth90: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2008
THE 48 LAWS OF POWER, $ THE VULTURE IS A PATIENT BIRD.

BOTH MADE ME THE BRUTAL AND HEARTLESS HUMAN BEING I AM TODAY
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by Gamine(f): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2008
The Bible, without a single doubt smiley smiley
Re: Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? by gorociano: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2008
well, mine is the book that has been rated as the second most influential book aside from the bible in the lives of its readers(Encarta/Wikipedia), its the book by a lady Ayn Rand and it's titled Atlas Shrugged. Quite voluminous but a very enjoyable reading, once u read it your life will not remain the same/retain it shape,

Got it for 100 Naira on the pedestrian bridge in Obanikoro and got it all torn with overreading, so i'm looking for a new copy and i wont mind paying 10,000 Naira for it, so if u know where i can get it please HELP

GOROCIANO@GMAIL.COM

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABDUCTED - A Romance Thriller / Shadows! / Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.