Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,781 members, 7,965,930 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:29 AM

Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje (697 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / Ex-Governor Goje Forged Assembly's Resolution To Collect N5bn Loan -EFCC Witness / Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by pes7md2010: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
GOMBE State governor, Alhaji Danjuma Goje, declared yesterday at Okada, near Benin that those asking President Umaru Yar’Adua to resign from office on grounds of ill-health were doing so with a view to gaining power through the back door. His Edo State counterpart, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, joined the call, appealing to Nigerians for prayers for the ailing president.

Speaking at the convocation ceremony of Igbinedion University, Okada where he was awarded honourary degree in public administration, Goje said, “If democracy is to be sustained, we should not be sentimental. We should pray to God to speedily give good health to Yar ‘Adua. We should join other Nigerians to pray for Mr. President. Anything that will bring instability is unpatriotic. God who gives life and everything will save us.”

On his part, Oshiomhole called for prayers for Yar ‘Adua. “All of us have the duty to pray for our president Yar’ Adua has make contributions to ensuring the peace and stability of this country at very difficult times.
I do not belong to the same umbrella with him but we belong to the same country. Yar’ Adua is an asset to this country. He is a statesman”, the Edo governor said.

Earlier in his welcome address read on his behalf by the deputy vice-chancellor of the university, Prof.Tonye Grace Okorie, chancellor of the University, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, stressed the need for mutual cooperation between the school and the home front for a holistic moral upbringing of children.

http://nigeriabreakingnews..com/2009/12/why-they-want-yaradua-to-resign-gov.html
Re: Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by tanimz(f): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
Who should pray for him? I never finish praying for myself, I go come pray for one yeye man wey no do nothin for my life!!

See crazy people/oles!!
Re: Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by kosovo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
I do not belong to the same umbrella with him but we belong to the same country. Yar’ Adua is an asset to this country. He is a statesman”, the Edo governor said.
i wish Every one has common sense like this man, unfortunately Common sense aint common.
Re: Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by Beaf: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
kosovo:

i wish Every one has common sense like this man, unfortunately Common sense aint common.

When did stretching the truth become common sense? "Asset to this country", how? Because he is the president? What do we call the Wole Soyinka's and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's?
Re: Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by Parohfrey(f): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
tanimz:

Who should pray for him? I never finish praying for myself, I go come pray for one yeye man wey no do nothin for my life!!

See crazy people/oles!!

This is exactly the opposite of what Christ teaches!
Re: Why They Want Yar’adua To Resign — Gov Goje by sjeezy8: 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
I'll pray for him because if Jonathan becomes president its ok, but there will never been an agreement of rotational presidents again.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Poll Will Determine Nigeria’s Future – Soyinka / Yaradua Smokes Toomuch / Us Sanction Divides Presidency On Power Transfer To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.