Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

How To Know Signs Of A Bad Axle/cv Shaft - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know Signs Of A Bad Axle/cv Shaft (1081 Views)

Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter / What Is The Difference Between Back Axle And "Car Camber"? / Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Signs Of A Bad Axle/cv Shaft by leeyack: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2017
What is the Axle/CV Shaft Assembly about?

Axle shafts are most commonly referred to as “CV axles” or “half-shafts.” An axle shaft is actually a narrow, pole-like part that links a wheel to the gears in the transmission. Axles are components of the system that allow the wheels to rotate. One end of the axle shaft is linked to the transmission and the other end is attached to the wheel. The transmission rotates the axle shafts, which turns the wheels. Without the axles, the tires will not rotate and the vehiicle will not move.

Axle shafts are comprised of four parts: shaft, CV joints, grease and the boots (grease container). The most common cause for the axle failure is because of the torn boots (grease leaking out). Without the grease, the CV joints will not be lubricated, dirt will enter the joint and the whole axle will eventually wear out.

Bear in mind:

Your vehicle has multiple axle shafts, but in most cases only one will need to be changed.
Even if the CV joints or boots are the only components of the axle to fail, it is often recommended to change the entire axle.
How it is done:
see more:http://www.automobileglobe.com/how-to-know-signs-of-a-bad-axlecv-shaft/

(1) (Reply)

Rivian Unveils 400-mile All-electric Pickup That Has A Futuristic Headlights / If I Switch On My Golf 3, And I Switch On My Cartape, The Car Will Go Off / Father And Son Arrested In Raid On Fake Lamborghini & Ferrari Factory In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.