Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme (1433 Views)

Meet Ikoyi Whistleblower: Speaks On EFCC, Reveals Assassination Attempt (Video) / Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company / Whistleblower Narrates What Transpired In The Lagos Apartment Where EFCC Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by Realdeals(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2017
The whistle-blower programme is an initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria designed to encourage anyone with information about a violation of financial regulations, mismanagement of public funds and assets, financial malpractice, fraud and theft in Government Ministries, departments and agencies to report it.

Examples of cases that can be reported includes:

o Violation of Government’s financial regulations e.g. failure to comply with the Financial Regulations Act, Public Procurement Act and other extant laws.

o Mismanagement or misappropriation of public funds and assets (e.g. properties and vehicles).

o Information on stolen public funds.

o Information on concealed public funds.

o Financial malpractice or fraud.

o Theft.

o Collecting / soliciting bribes.

o Corruption.

o Diversion of revenues.

o Underreporting of revenues.

o Conversion of funds for personal use.

o Fraudulent and unapproved payments.

o Splitting of contracts.

o Procurement fraud (kickbacks and over-invoicing etc.)

o Violation of public procurement procedures.

Channels of Communication for Potential Whistleblowers

The Programme works by means of a secure online portal by which people can submit tips and reports: whistle.finance.gov.ng

There is also a telephone number through which tips/reports can be submitted: 0909 806 7946

For questions and queries about the Policy, call the above number or send an email to whistle@finance.gov.ng

Requirements for Eligible Information for the Whistleblowing Programme

Information submitted must be as plentiful and as specific as possible: containing dates of occurrence, persons involved in the matter, etc. However, it is also possible that these may not always be available, and in these cases it is sufficient that the Whistleblower is making a report based largely on the reasonable belief that the information s/he is providing is true.

What’s our Commitment to Whistleblowers

A Whistleblower can be any person or group of persons or institution within or outside the Government, that reasonably believes that a violation of accountability has occurred relating to government resources — funds or physical assets. Reports must relate to the violations outlined above, be made in good faith, not out of malice or to settle personal grievances, and not for the purposes of personal gain.

Whistleblowers are entitled to anonymity while providing information. If a Whistleblower chooses to not be anonymous, he/she is entitled to the strictest confidentiality, within the limitations of the law. This means that their identity will be disclosed only in circumstances required by the law.

The Policy will protect all Whistleblowers, regardless of whether or not the matter raised is upheld against the target. The Policy also makes provisions for redress by Whistleblowers who feel that they are suffering adverse treatment of any sort as a result of their whistleblowing activity.

Whistleblowers will be able to independently monitor the status or progress of tips/reports submitted.

READ FAQ About whistleblower:
http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2017/02/13/how-to-report-corruption-with-fg-whistleblower-programme/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by sinistermind(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2017
Employees start reporting that ur wicked Boss u know is getting fat on illegal money and get rich on his sorry A*s

1 Like

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by opalu: 7:47am On Feb 13, 2017
Great
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by joe4real12: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2017
We don hear.
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by Agimor(m): 8:02am On Feb 13, 2017
This business is very lucrative if you ask me. It doesn't even required any capital from you to start up.

Make I go buy my whistle and start blowing grin
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by johnwizey: 8:02am On Feb 13, 2017
Ope o......... Can I report my class rep too Dat guy just bought a new Palm slippers and I bin dey suspect am
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by PassingShot(m): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala, make una take this to FP sharp sharp. We need forum members to make cool legitimate money.
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by Amirullaha(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2017
Booked
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by ndcide(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2017
The Trumpet that's been blown about SGF, did they not defend him?

1 Like

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by abu12: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2017
ndcide:
The Trumpet that's been blown about SGF, did they not defend him?
how? that the SGF most claim he is the owner of the said company or such amount was paid to the company, if u believe Dino melaye allegation against d Sgf, u most be a big fooooool. D sgf is only blockking d senator from missappropreting their constituent allowance, which did not go down well the senators. So they want him out

1 Like

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by omowolewa: 8:39am On Feb 13, 2017
Build a system not a group, back this laudable initiative up with good legislation.

Whistle blowers law should support this.
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by gabi87(m): 8:40am On Feb 13, 2017
Till I try it out and it works then I will believe... Front page abeg, so we can all try to fix this our country and rid it of corruption
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by vedaxcool(m): 9:04am On Feb 13, 2017
grin grin grin wailing zombies will not like this
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by omenkaLives(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2017
PassingShot:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala, make una take this to FP sharp sharp. We need forum members to make cool legitimate money.
If it were an anti MMM thread, Seun would have been like...

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by smogup: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2017
I want to report the "grass cutter" minister
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by PaulSteve: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2017
My opinion is that the whistle blowing initiative is a very good one in the fight against corruption and in our drive to retrieve stolen funds. However, the 2.5-5% reward promised the whistle blower is low,very low. It makes the target of the initiative those who stole only in billions and hundreds of millions,not the lesser millions and tens of millions.
If this approach is to gain great results, the percentage of the whistle blower has to be raised to atleast 10-15%, then when someone has proof of stolen N5M,the individual can be sure that whistleblowing will fetch at least N500k,not a meagre amount.
And there are many corrupt acts in few millions to hundreds of thousands of naira that will interest people to report on.
Finally,a whistleblower protection law should be enacted!
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by jamace(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2017
PaulSteve:
My opinion is that the whistle blowing initiative is a very good one in the fight against corruption and in our drive to retrieve stolen funds. However, the 2.5-5% reward promised the whistle blower is low,very low. It makes the target of the initiative those who stole only in billions and hundreds of millions,not the lesser millions and tens of millions.
If this approach is to gain great results, the percentage of the whistle blower has to be raised to atleast 10-15%, then when someone has proof of stolen N5M,the individual can be sure that whistleblowing will fetch at least N500k,not a meagre amount.
And there are many corrupt acts in few millions to hundreds of thousands of naira that will interest people to report on.
Finally,a whistleblower protection law should be enacted!

Fellow Nigerian, I think whistle blowing is a noble act of patriotism and should not be taken as a business for profit.

1 Like

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by ERCROSS(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2017
letter to buhari...

Baba, since u v been gone Osinbajo has created a new business venture for the masses ooo...

whistle blown
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by SalamRushdie: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2017
Now every Nigerian stand a chance to earn money from corrupt people ..I like the whistle blower project

1 Like

Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by Ventura1: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2017
Whao! this policy will put fear in the mind of looters, they will start treating their staff with courtesy and pay them handsomely..... lalasticlala, myndd44, seun you need to push this post to FP
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by PaulSteve: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
jamace:

Fellow Nigerian, I think whistle blowing is a noble act of patriotism and should not be taken as a business for profit.
Yes,it is supposed to be act of patriotism but in present day Nigeria where the entire system is soaked in corruption the blower needs protection that only money can supply. Else,why the idea of 5%,it may as well be pegged at 0%,just patriotism.
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by donJ2(m): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
How sure are we that they will hold up their own end of the bargain Well, it's worth trying tho
Re: How To Report Corruption With FG Whistleblower Programme by Chydobe: 12:55am On Jul 30, 2017
Blow the Whistle: Facts you Should know about the program

click to read

http://www.newzified.com/blow-the-whistle-facts-you-should-know-about-the-program/

(1) (Reply)

Igbimedion Presents Live Tiger To New Oba Of Benin / FG Appoints Mr Tony Okpanachi MD Of Development Bank Of Nigeria / Throwback Photo Of Gen Obasanjo And T.Y Danjuma At Military Graduation In 1978

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.