Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,543 members, 7,892,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned (12199 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Makes U-turn, Appeals For Patience / Women Group Protests Against Fayose In Abuja - Pictures / Fani-Kayode In Lagos Court For Patience Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2017
Lawmakers and women group storm court in defense of former first lady

A federal high court sitting in Lagos on Monday, has adjourned a case involving former first lady, Patience Jonathan and the Economic and financial crimes commission, EFCC.

Jonathan filed a suit against the EFCC last year for freezing her bank accounts containing a total sum of $15 million. The first lady is suing the EFCC for $200 million dollars. Politics Nigeria learnt that the case was adjourned on the grounds that the defense counsel needs more time to study the case.

Meanwhile, Some rivers lawmakers namely Hons. Evans Bipi, Boma Iyaye, Adams Dabotorudima and Bright Gogo and a group of women were present at the court premises to show solidarity for the first lady. Photos below;

http://politicsngr.com/15-million-lawsuit-court-adjourns-efccs-case-patience-jonathan/

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2017
Confirmed and paid supporters of PEJ.

21 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Chikelue2000(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
so everything must be payment?

5 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by veekid(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2017

e fit be say Na 1k each for em all

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by madridguy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
Mama Peace matter, mouth sealed smiley

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Amathylee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by jesus500(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2017
Our judicial system is a big mockery of democracy, which way nigeria? What have we done to ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Dhayor001(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Show solidarity for someone who stole from our collective sweats and purses

Hehehehe, Nigerians are just downright funny.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Bevista: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Nigerians, indeed, are a peculiar set of people. Little wonder David Cameron termed us as being "fantastically corrupt". Our brand of corruption is unrivaled and not seen anywhere else in the world.
---
This is the only country in the world where citizens openly show their support for corruption.
---
Africa, indeed, is incapable of governing itself. We need to be re-colonized again by the West. What have we achieved for ourselves, let alone contribute to the world ever since the white man left us.
---
Pathetic generation!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Dagaya(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Whether we accuse her of looting or not. It doesn't change the fact she is loved in that part of Nigeria.
She knows that, the people knows that and that is all that matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Omooniya1: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
paid supporter

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by OlujobaSamuel: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
all the way from Rivers? age is just a number. if dey get accident kpeme for road now, some people go dey pity dem, awon weyrey

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Rekit: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
I don't know why these Rivers state people are so useless?
Hon members came to court to show solidarity.
Are they suggesting that Andrew Yakubu can as well get protesters too? Yeye people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by NothingDoMe: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
Nonsense
Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by anonimi: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
TheShopKeeper:

....just like the ones paid by JagaBandit, not so
You must be speaking from personal experience. grin cheesy wink

Freegift75:
Code Of Conduct Tribunal Freed Bola Tinubu In Error – Rotimi Jacobs
Rotimi Jacobs, a senior advocate of Nigeria and [size=13pt]the Federal Government prosecuting counsel[/size] in the 13 count charge of false assets declaration trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki on Thursday said the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) was misled to discharge former Governor of Lagos State Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he was arraigned before it in November 2011.

From: www.saharareporters.com/2016/03/19/code-conduct-tribunal-freed-bola-tinubu-error--rotimi-jacobs

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2030416_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

nduchucks:
Must They Humiliate Tinubu Like This?
Sep 21, 2011

Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by adem30: 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
all the way from Rivers? age is just a number.
if dey get accident kpeme for road now, some people go dey pity dem, awon weyrey

No be today them dey die na.

https://www.mycelebrityandi.com/20-bayelsa-women-die-in-car-accident-after-visiting-patience-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by OlujobaSamuel: 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
adem30:

No be today them dey die na.

https://www.mycelebrityandi.com/20-bayelsa-women-die-in-car-accident-after-visiting-patience-jonathan/

lol, una dey too wicked, una no dey forget yesterday matter ni? i don even forget sey such don happen before
Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by klax(m): 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please EFCC should report to the court or pay the $200 million. I have asked this question over and over that EFCC should not blow any whittle if they are not sure if what they are saying.

Most of this case are just fake and framed up that lack any serious evidence if not why is EFCC running away from court all the time please pay that the 200 million dollar see ask so next time you don't witchunt or not doing your property work before making alarm.

This was how they said Maduka owns private jet, his son owns private jet and I ask apc and efcc please where are the private jets now, where do they park the jets, who is paying the jets service charge, what is the registration number if the jets After all Madueke is sick all her account Frozen so where are the jets Lairs with diae miserably. EFCC shame on you I said it you are a liar like your boss.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by QuietHammer(m): 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
klax:
Please EFCC should report to the court or pay the $200 million. I have asked this question over and over that EFCC should not blow any whittle if they are not sure if what they are saying.

Most of this case are just fake and framed up that lack any serious evidence if not why is EFCC running away from court all the time please pay that the 200 million dollar see ask so next time you don't witchunt or not doing your property work before making alarm.

This was how they said Maduka owns private jet, his son owns private jet and I ask apc and efcc please where are the private jets now, where do they park the jets, who is paying the jets service charge, what is the registration number if the jets After all Madueke is sick all her account Frozen so where are the jets Lairs with diae miserably. EFCC shame on you I said it you are a liar like your boss.
I tilted my phone both sides, I even turned it upside-down still, this makes no sense.

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by TeamSimple(m): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
Dhayor001:

The same people will come and tell you #ourmumudondo #enoughisenough #istandwithNigeria tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by sapele914(m): 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
Dhayor001:

There is no proof she stole the money neither is there any proof the money belongs to her it is just hear say. The money was not found in her account and there is no legal document showing dame patience is the owner of the loot and she is not a director in any of the companies tied to the loot.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by omenkaLives(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
Even with the recent saga on Yakubu.

Some people just dont have shame.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by hatchy(f): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
Chai!!!
How did we get to this point in this country eehn! God what sin did Nigeria commit that we are punished with these set of people in this country. Imagine a known and self admitted kleptomaniac supported by law makers and hired crowd to storm a court session to show solidarity.

Only in Nigeria my country will this kind of nonsense happen. Shameless people.

Meanwhile, any body who have idea of how i can obtain a travelling visa to Sao Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea or even The Gambia should assist me biko nu! I'm sick and tired of this country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by hatchy(f): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
klax:

Why not write or send your message across in your local language?
Is it a must that you communicate in English in Niaraland?

Go school wen others dey go,you no gree, oya see the result now.
Oye arah!

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by euchariadavid(f): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
My First Lady,Dame Patience!
Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by Okpabana: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
Useless lawmakers/lawbreakers.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by busomma: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
U little minded people, keep on supporting that clown that contributed in no small way to the problems the country is presently facing. After u people will complain things are hard but refused to blame those who caused the hardship. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by rusher14: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
QuietHammer:

I tilted my phone both sides, I even turned it upside-down still, this makes no sense.

Roll safe.
Re: Lawmakers, Women Group In Court For Patience Jonathan, Case Adjourned by ogunsj: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
the sad aspect of it all is that Jonathan and his wife are cooling off in their house sipping wine or champagne while all these ones are burning themselves under the Lagos scorching sun. these are parents , which moral can they pass on to their children? poverty of the mind is the worst form of poverty. I loved this country , drama everywhere. see the woman on blue top and wrapper looking so confused. God help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBA Sues Buhari Over IGP Adamu Tenure Extension / INEC Takes Final Decision On Anambra Guber Election Today / Bianca's Lawyer Warns Ojukwus Over Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.