Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,030 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job (6388 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job by stede(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
GTay:

Lol, How is this possible 

FYI Masters does not guarantee anything employment-wise these days
will prefer to continue with my present job. money matters most for the swagger not certs.
Re: Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job by shupsyBaba(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2009
Well @Poster, whatever u decide 2 do I hope u make the right choice.

@abbyode, I really would like to know how you managed that, 2 Masters while still on the job
that is one i wouldn't mind being enlightened about (olaz100@yahoo.co.uk - my email address, pls lets talk)

BTW am also into IT, hold a couple of certifications but am currently preparing 2 start an MSc in Unilag.
Although i wouldn't mind those from abroad but omo i need the job o, so quitting isn't exactly an option - Man must chop now.
Re: Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job by biina: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2009
@OP
Always begin with the end in mind. There is no silver bullet for career success, nor is their a sure bet template for planning your life.
Rather I would recommend that you visualize where you want to be in 10-20yrs and then work backwards. Where you want to be is what should determine which path to take.
MSc vs marriage, telcoms vs IT, work experience vs certification, are all neither here no there, and the verdict will always depend on the specifics of your situation.
Re: Masters Degree Or Continue With Present Job by Lacuzy: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2010
Please be more commited to your fiancee then sare lo for your masters programme, that oyibo certificate is very important in Nigeria you can work and school at the same time over there.

When you come back do your wedding

You will always get a better job with that certificate, dont waste time o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Experience As A Sales Man / How Do You Handle Price Discrepancies Professionally / Get Photoshop Video Tutorial 2018 Learn How To Use Photoshop For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.