Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,292 members, 7,925,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:18 AM

Kanu Is 55 Years Old! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Is 55 Years Old! (7258 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Japan ’93 Heroes: Kanu Is Last Man Standing ! / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by dani1luv: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2009
If he is 55years old so f*king wot undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by Digriz(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
All u people dat are castigating kanu,i just hav dis question for u.,
Even if kanu is 55yrs,who among u cn run for just 5mins at dat age wtout gasping for air?
Some said its a joke may be.,bt wat i knw is dat kanu is btw 35 and 42.
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by pureminded: 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
embarassed
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by chamotex(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
Digriz:

All u people dat are castigating kanu,i just hav dis question for u.,
Even if kanu is 55yrs,who among u cn run for just 5mins at dat age wtout gasping for air?
Some said its a joke may be.,bt wat i knw is dat kanu is btw 35 and 42.

shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by 4Play(m): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2009
Supposedly, his school record at Holy Ghost Secondary School Owerri states that he was born in 1971 which makes him 38. This means that when he was lifting the Under-17 World Cup in 1993, he was actually 22.
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On Dec 09, 2009
4 Play:

Supposedly, his school record at Holy Ghost Secondary School Owerri states that he was born in 1971 which makes him 38. This means that when he was lifting the Under-17 World Cup in 1993, he was actually 22.

Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by mamagee3(f): 1:33am On Dec 09, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Anyone who has seen Kanu close-up in real life will definitely know he's above 33 years. I'll say his real age is between 45 - 50

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by MrCrackles(m): 1:33am On Dec 09, 2009
4 Play:

And therefore five years older than the rules stipulated. . .
A clear and concise case of fraud!
KANU is an AGE CHEAT - FACT cool
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by mamagee3(f): 1:42am On Dec 09, 2009
Kanu is 33
Everybody that schooled with him can attest to it
. tongue
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by amebono1: 2:08am On Dec 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

And therefore five years older than the rules stipulated. . .
A clear and concise case of fraud!
KANU is an AGE CHEAT - FACT cool

all  footballers are,is it not that old man mikel obi that is claiming under2 undecided
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by 4Play(m): 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2009
!amebo no1:

all  footballers are,is it not that old man mikel obi that is claiming under2 undecided

Under2! That's the height of age cheating.
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by MrCrackles(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2009
!amebo no1:

all  footballers are,is it not that old man mikel obi that is c[b]laiming under2[/b] undecided
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by amebono1: 2:31am On Dec 12, 2009
4 Play:

Under2! That's the height of age cheating.

MrCrackles:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

i was just being sarcastic, but the last time i checked michel was claiming 22 and i was like WTF undecided undecided
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 12, 2009
@ amebo

Nor be you dey claim 16 since WWII? tongue
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by yousouph(m): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2009
Let us hail Kanu. At his age, still making impact to the team. What happen to younger Utaka in the same team? Let him breaks his Nations cup hoodoo and score at the world cup and beats Roger Miller record. KING KANU grin
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2009
yousouph:

Let us hail Kanu. At his age, still making impact to the team. What happen to younger Utaka in the same team? Let him breaks his Nations cup hoodoo and score at the world cup and beats Roger Miller record. KING KANU  grin

What is your point? undecided
Do you agree he's 33 or do you think he's older
? undecided
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by dipo2much(m): 1:56am On Dec 13, 2009
Kanu could actually be 33. If he was 40-something, I dont think he would be in the EPL. Julius Aghahowa shows this
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by illusion2: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2009
Nigeria is a developing country. . . .so you need to use some complex formula to come up with football age as against 'birth age'(article 419 of FIFA statues). . . . . .

I refer the young ones to re-visit the Almighty formula,incorporate pytha's theorem & come up with the base 8 of your result. . , . .therein lies his 'real age'. grin tongue
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by ochukoccna: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
[size=16pt]Stop this sick joke angry angry  angry Kanu has meritoriously served this nation since 1993. He may have lost his speed and may not last 90 minutes but he's still the most intelligent Nigerian footballer in the national team. Please stop all this NONSENSICAL sniping about his age. Did his club complain to you? embarassedThe man is a legend & a survivor against all the odds of poverty, racism and even heart disease. Where's Aghahowa today who's supposedly younger than him? Let's learn to celebrate our icons. Where is Kluviert today who was younger than him @ Ajax? [/size]
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by chiogo(f): 2:35am On Dec 14, 2009
lol fa' real??

grin grin grin what's with all the lying sef with naija athletes? tongue
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by toosoon(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2009
ochukoccna:

[size=16pt]Stop this sick joke angry angry angry Kanu has meritoriously served this nation since 1993. He may have lost his speed and may not last 90 minutes but he's still the most intelligent Nigerian footballer in the national team. Please stop all this NONSENSICAL sniping about his age. Did his club complain to you? embarassedThe man is a legend & a survivor against all the odds of poverty, racism and even heart disease. Where's Aghahowa today who's supposedly younger than him? Let's learn to celebrate our icons. Where is Kluviert today who was younger than him @ Ajax? [/size]

spear me with this your analysis, why not ask where is Samuel Okparaji today?
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by philip0906(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2009
kanu has now turned 2 a laffing stock grin grin grin
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2009
John Utaka is officially 27 and was born in 1982, what i find interesting is that he played division one football with enugu rangers at the age of 15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Utaka
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2009
Kanu is officially 33 yrs old. he played division 1 football with iwayanwu national at the age of 16,

I think it is a good thing that youths break into first division clubs early. that way we are assured the longevity and quality experience of our national footballers (outside injuries and stress)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwankwo_Kanu
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by philip0906(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2009
Kanu is officially 33 yrs old. he played division 1 football with iwayanwu national at the age of 16,

I think it is a good thing that youths break into first division clubs early. that way we are assured the longevity and quality experience of our national footballers (outside injuries and stress)
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by Kx: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2009
Kanu is one Nigerian player i will always respect.

philip0906:

I think it is a good thing that youths break into first division clubs early.

Kanu they said,played division one at 16,
Utaka did same at 15.

That means these guys left secondary school at or be 14/15---highly impressive. cool

This confirms that Stanley Okoro having played for 6 different premier league
clubs in nigeria is absolutely 16.
Chukwudi(the skippo) is under 17.

The young ones are indeed learning from the masters of the game!!!
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by AndreUweh(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kx:

Kanu is one Nigerian player i will always respect.

Kanu they said,played division one at 16,
Utaka did same at 15.

That means these guys left secondary school at or be 14/15---highly impressive. cool

This confirms that Stanley Okoro having played for 6 different premier league
clubs in nigeria is absolutely 16.
Chukwudi(the skippo) is under 17.
The guy who published that scandal about Stanley Okoro later apologised and retracted his publication. He mistook him for someone else. Please see reason to what they have achieved and stop this blasphemy.
The young ones are indeed learning from the masters of the game!!!
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by DrDre1(m): 4:02am On Dec 18, 2009
OMG! Nairaland![color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by smile4kenn(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
naira land eh
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by slimes(m): 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2009
This is a joke for Goodness sake.
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by triaophant: 12:02am On Dec 22, 2009
It is very unfortunate that those who have contributed nothing positive to their communities not to talk of the nation are the ones making jest of their fellow countrymen and women for no other offence than serving the nation with all their hearts. All men of good will can testify that it has happened to the likes of the 1980 Green Eagles who out of anger and frustration from their fellow countrymen retired en-mass when Nigerians started calling them Papa Eagles. Again, it was frustration from Nigerians that made the master, JJ Okocha to retire from the Super Eagles, till today Nigeria is yet to have a replacement in the attacking midfield position. After using, dumping and abusing him, Nigerians are beginning to beg him for a return to the Super Eagles to give bite to the team. For those of us who have known him for long, we believe that it is not the best way to say thank you to those who gave their all to their fatherland. What offence did Kanu commit apart from choosing to diligently serve their fatherland for free when others are busy looting the national treasury? i am not the parents of Kanu as to know his exact age, however I am aware that Kanu was a very young boy when he captained the Arugo Boys team otherwise called Holy Ghost Collage when Nze Abani was the School Principal. It was his performance in one particular football match cup final between Holy Ghost Collage and another School at Owerri, I think Emmanuel College (Ecole) that made the School Principal announce Kanu the School's Games Prefect for scoring the winning goals in that match. Infact, Kanu refused to play in that match because the School refused to name him the school's Games Prefect. So on the brink of defeat, the Principal promised to name him the School Prefect right there if he played and they won the cup which he fulfilled at the Old Owerri Township Stadium. Someone also mentioned Mobi (Amaobi) Oparaku. Kanu and Mobi were living just some couple of houses from each other at Amakohia Owerri and they used to play together at the St. Michael's Primary School field Amakohia, Shell Camp field and at Akwakuma Girls Secondary School play Ground all in Owerri. Their house was just a stone throw from the infamous Otokoto Hotel. I knew his brothers Egwuatu and Ogbonna who are both playing professional football in Europe and even represented Nigeria. I can recall the many times that his father spanked him and even burnt his clothes for abandoning his education for football. Though he was very good in Sciences, he believed that his destiny lied in football. I can also remember that sometime between 1990 to 1991, Kanu was virtually living in Mbieri, Mbaitoli with a brother of mine called Patrick or Power for short when his father drove him out of their house for playing football, that brother was an auto electrician, these claims can be verified from Kanu of his family. Again, between 1991 to 1992, Kanu played for us in our village club and I remember in one particular town tournament a fight broke out because because our opponents insisted that Kanu will not play for us. Reason? He was not from my village, but we insisted that he must play since it was a village clubside. Kanu is of Arochukwu parentage but was born and bred at Owerri, he also built his castle of a house at Owerri. However, we could not pay him the agreed N40 or so appearance fee per match and that made him to cease our jersey till today for not paying him the agreed sum. He also freelanced for many towns, schools and little town and village clubsides such as Elemats of Ubomiri and Mbaitoli United. After the tournament for our village club in 1992, Iwuanyawu National FC spotted and signed him in their feeder team, where he did not stay long before being drafted into the senior team because of his exceptional talent even as a very tender young man. It was from there that he was spotted for the Under 17 World Cup in Japan in 1903 from where he went to Ajax in Holland also in their junior team before being drafted as a substitute in a Champions league finals where Ajax won the cup. So in my estimation, Kanu should be between 33 to 36 years of age, By the way in Owerri he is known as Papilo or simply Nwankwo. The first money he made at Ajax, he used it to buy some Kombi buses and gave to his mates at Owerri who were not fortunate as him. IN SUMMARY, KANU SHOULD BE LEFT ALONE TO DO WHAT HE KNOWS BEST. As for the girl someone claimed that he disappointed in marriage, as long as he was not legally married to her, they were mere friends. Kanu did not opt out because the girl in question was an osu, whatever that means, BUT BECAUSE HIS FAMILY WANTED HIM TO MARRY FROM THEIR ARO KINSMEN. If you know the history of the Aro people, you will know that it is very difficult for them to marry outside their Aro stock and Kanu's people insisted that he must not depart from their tradition. PLEASE also note that OSU CASTE SYSTEM HAS BEEN ABOLISHED IN IGBOLAND BY THE EASTERN REGIONAL HOUSE SINCE 1956 and other subsequent legislations, You can also confirn that with the Laws of Eastern Nigeria. AS FOR KANU, CARRY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO SHAKING BROS. NA ENVY AND BAD BELLE DE WORRY THEM.
Re: Kanu Is 55 Years Old! by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Dec 22, 2009
^^What was all that essay for? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroon Vs. Denmark 1 - 2 Final Score / Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th / World Cup Awards 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.