Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,805 members, 7,942,017 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:04 PM

The Effects Of The Economy On Nigerians In Diaspora - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Effects Of The Economy On Nigerians In Diaspora (513 Views)

Help: Married In Diaspora / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of The Economy On Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is the worst I have seen the Nigerian economy become since my adult life. The amount of hardship and suffering in the country is appalling.

There is confusion everywhere; there are blames and counter blames from our politicians, nobody wants to take the blame for the mess Nigeria is in.

The one I find very surprising is that most Nigerians abroad are complaining more than those in Nigeria. A friend of mine in UK says he is being pressured by family members.

His family members are dependent on him for practically everything ranging from school fees, accommodation, daily living etc.

He said he was used to working just a shift every day, but now he had to add extra shift to compliment whatever he is making.

I really understand him; I know how it feels living abroad and your family mounts serious pressure on you because you are in a place where money falls from the sky!

The thing is, it’s no longer what it is used to be, there is global recession. The difference is that our government is filled with corrupt officials.

My friend told me how his mother calls him every second on the phone, even while at work asking for money to buy bread!

When he told me that, I just laughed because I found it strange that someone would call from Nigeria just to ask for a little amount of money.

But that is the reality, Nigeria is burning and everyone is feeling the heat, whether you are abroad or not.

Before when you are living abroad, you are sure of making a good living for yourself and that of your family members.

Any amount you send home will definitely go a long way in meeting the needs of everyone you are responsible for.

Even while I was living in England, I couldn’t count the number of times I had to send money home to either family or friends!

It is true that, for instance, you are in UK and Pounds exchanges for almost six hundred Naira the last time I checked.

But when it gets here in Nigeria, there is little it can afford, not with the rate at which the prices of goods and services have skyrocketed!

Whenever I read papers or read articles online, I get to read about Nigerians in diaspora complaining so bitterly like they are the worse hit.

It is because of the amount of pressure on them by friends and family, nobody will want to hear they don’t have money because they live abroad!

My sister’s friend who lives in America told my sister about her neighbor whose family sends him money all the way from Nigeria!

So, now that the economy has gone really south, who will send money to him? I asked my sister.

Nigerians are known to be one of the happiest people on earth, because like they say, we don’t depend on our government for survival.

But then the resources we need to go on with our happiness are no longer available, there is little or no cash flow.

The businesses are no longer available, if it is; it is only to a few who have connections in high places!

In all these we just have to be steadfast hopeful for a better Nigeria, there is no country that is not in bad shape right now.

There are protests going on in some parts of the world right now, even the almighty America is in disarray over Trump’s policies!

I believe this is a passing phase for us as Nigerians, we have survived even the worst perils, we will survive, yes we will!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com
Re: The Effects Of The Economy On Nigerians In Diaspora by KanwuliaExtra: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hmmmm.
Na who fit send money from Nigeria to America? grin
How much dem dey send? To pay for what? cheesy
Jokers!
Send money to Nigeria ke?

No way!
You will surely die in the process because IT IS NEVER ENOUGH!
Let all the pastors in Nigeria give back their tithes and resort to fasting and praying only! grin
Re: The Effects Of The Economy On Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
They should look at it from another angle – with less money, they can make more investments back home.

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of The Female Child / Get Your WATERMELON Tees Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Check Out The Strange Thing She Did To A Bride.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.