Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,865 members, 7,889,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:52 PM

5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. (1554 Views)

Things That Happen When You're Broke / See The Amount Of Money This Lady Realised After She Broke Her Savings Box / Why You Have No Excuse To Be Broke! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Struggling with a job you hate job is hard enough, but when you never seem to have enough money to pay the bills, let alone get ahead, things can be damn depressing. Financial stress is extremely difficult on you, your marriage, and your children. I am speaking from personal experience here.

Getting ahead financially is not especially difficult, even in the absence of a high paying job. It all comes down to your spending habits. It seems so simple; spend less than you earn. In reality though is much more difficult than that.

Our society has taught us how to be greedy, needy, over spenders. In fact, it’s empowered us to be downright irresponsible. We want what we want and then we go buy it! If we don’t have the money, we buy it anyway.

With this in mind, here are the top 5 reasons that you will always be broke:

1. Your Spouse Is Out Of Control.

I’ve seen this time and time again. A non-working wife decides that she needs to fill her empty day with spending their money on anything and everything that looks remotely interesting. Ok, this is a little extreme, but having a spouse that is out of touch with the family finances (and reality), is very difficult to manage. If both partners are not on the same page with the money, things can, and usually do, get very ugly.

2. You’re In Denial.

Millions of people reside here. This is when you refuse to accept that you need to take a serious look at your financial picture. Doing so would mean you might actually have to stop spending and do without the things that your cool neighbor has. Who wants to do that?

3. You Are A Dreamer.

I worked for a multi-level marketing (MLM) company about 15 years ago and I was taught that if I followed their “proven system”, I would become wealthy. Guess what, thousands of us bought into it. Maybe not spending your money on things that are responsible, some people would waste much money on big phones instead of buying phones like the itel s31 and save more cox everything u need in the things is in it, We spent like we didn’t have a care in the world, hell, we we’re going to be RICH in 5 years. As it turns out, it was not what we all thought it was and the company, along with our hopes of becoming a millionaire, went down the toilet.

4. You Have No Budget.

Budgeting is a word that strikes fear into our hearts and sends us running for the hills. Why? Because it’s absolutely boring, limiting, humbling, and at times depressing. At work, I have no problem building Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint Presentations all day – still, I hate doing a budget. Now imagine the regular person who has no financial background and doesn’t even know what Microsoft Office is. Are they going to budget? I think not. Calculators and graph paper don’t have a ton of appeal.

5. You Waste Too Much Money.

This is supremely obvious, but you would be surprised at how few people actually track their discretionary spending. In know, in your brain right now you’re saying that the last point was ‘budgeting’. I’m not talking about that here. I’m talking about tracking. People don’t think about the coffee and bagel in the morning or the afternoon soda and candy bar they buy, but guess what? They will have spent around $1,700 in a year on this stuff. The $1,700 that could have taken your family on vacation.
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by BLACKCHARGER(m): 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Na u nd ur papa wey go forever remain broke angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by kio052001(m): 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
hmm making sense, planning for the future in a relationship is something that should be taken seriously, topics to treat should include
* cutting down cost of feeding
* unnecessary spending on electronics, I must say I really agree with u on the Itel S31
* clothing is another aspect that requires serious slashing
* channeling most on your earnings on investments

I believe with this points you can't go broke

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by olo2phemmy: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
After all said and done just cut your coat according to your size no famzing
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Godfullsam(m): 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
5. Living a champagne life on sachet water salary.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by kio052001(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
olo2phemmy:
After all said and done just cut your coat according to your size no famzing
exactly my brother o!!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 6:32am On Feb 15, 2017
cheesy
kio052001:

exactly my brother o!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 6:32am On Feb 15, 2017
kio052001:
hmm making sense, planning for the future in a relationship is something that should be taken seriously, topics to treat should include
* cutting down cost of feeding
* unnecessary spending on electronics, I must say I really agree with u on the Itel S31
* clothing is another aspect that requires serious slashing
* channeling most on your earnings on investments

I believe with this points you can't go broke
correct

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 8:55am On Feb 15, 2017
grin ;DLOL
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
May we all not go broke ooo Just be urself cool
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
AH
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by emmavis4u0052(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
for the economy recession and trying to get a reasonable Android den I agree with the itelS31
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
grin grin grin
emmavis4u0052:
for the economy recession and trying to get a reasonable Android den I agree with the itelS31
gbosa for u itelS31 is economical
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by kio052001(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
Glory12345:
grin grin ;Dgbosa for u itelS31 is economical
gba o!!! Itel S31 is going places
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Queentito(f): 12:28am On Feb 16, 2017
Glory12345:
Struggling with a job you hate job is hard enough, but when you never seem to have enough money to pay the bills, let alone get ahead, things can be damn depressing. Financial stress is extremely difficult on you, your marriage, and your children. I am speaking from personal experience here.

Getting ahead financially is not especially difficult, even in the absence of a high paying job. It all comes down to your spending habits. It seems so simple; spend less than you earn. In reality though is much more difficult than that.

Our society has taught us how to be greedy, needy, over spenders. In fact, it’s empowered us to be downright irresponsible. We want what we want and then we go buy it! If we don’t have the money, we buy it anyway.

With this in mind, here are the top 5 reasons that you will always be broke:

1. Your Spouse Is Out Of Control.

I’ve seen this time and time again. A non-working wife decides that she needs to fill her empty day with spending their money on anything and everything that looks remotely interesting. Ok, this is a little extreme, but having a spouse that is out of touch with the family finances (and reality), is very difficult to manage. If both partners are not on the same page with the money, things can, and usually do, get very ugly.

2. You’re In Denial.

Millions of people reside here. This is when you refuse to accept that you need to take a serious look at your financial picture. Doing so would mean you might actually have to stop spending and do without the things that your cool neighbor has. Who wants to do that?

3. You Are A Dreamer.

I worked for a multi-level marketing (MLM) company about 15 years ago and I was taught that if I followed their “proven system”, I would become wealthy. Guess what, thousands of us bought into it. Maybe not spending your money on things that are responsible, some people would waste much money on big phones instead of buying phones like the itel s31 and save more cox everything u need in the things is in it, We spent like we didn’t have a care in the world, hell, we we’re going to be RICH in 5 years. As it turns out, it was not what we all thought it was and the company, along with our hopes of becoming a millionaire, went down the toilet.

4. You Have No Budget.

Budgeting is a word that strikes fear into our hearts and sends us running for the hills. Why? Because it’s absolutely boring, limiting, humbling, and at times depressing. At work, I have no problem building Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint Presentations all day – still, I hate doing a budget. Now imagine the regular person who has no financial background and doesn’t even know what Microsoft Office is. Are they going to budget? I think not. Calculators and graph paper don’t have a ton of appeal.

5. You Waste Too Much Money.

This is supremely obvious, but you would be surprised at how few people actually track their discretionary spending. In know, in your brain right now you’re saying that the last point was ‘budgeting’. I’m not talking about that here. I’m talking about tracking. People don’t think about the coffee and bagel in the morning or the afternoon soda and candy bar they buy, but guess what? They will have spent around $1,700 in a year on this stuff. The $1,700 that could have taken your family on vacation.
hmm, nice one

Why waste hundreds on thousands on getting an iPhone when I can get an itel S31 that's very economical
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Glory12345(f): 6:49am On Feb 16, 2017
Queentito:
hmm, nice one

Why waste hundreds on thousands on getting an iPhone when I can get an itel S31 that's very economical
Yeah I agree with you itel products are economical atleast for the time being
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Akpevwe9: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2017
Queentito:
hmm, nice one

Heard about the itel S31 smartphone, how much is it?
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Queentito(f): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Akpevwe9:

Heard about the itel S31 smartphone, how much is it?
The itel S31 is 30k
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by davidodufote: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
Queentito:
The itel S31 is 30k
Pls a picture of the phone
Re: 5 Reasons You Will Always Be Broke. by Queentito(f): 7:39am On Feb 21, 2017
davidodufote:

Pls a picture of the phone

Here is the picture if the itel S31, its available in different colors

(1) (Reply)

We Can Help You In Setting Up Your Betting Company / Ways You Can Make Money As An Undergraduate In Nigeria / Ak-47 The Real Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.