Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. (18497 Views)

Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by simiolu1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
sleemfesh:

What's with the friend friend issue guys? What's important here is the correctness of the info. People are saying here he wasn't discreet enough with the other business and yet faulting me for reporting or speaking out for somebody. What if the person writes themselves and something comes up? Then you come back again and be like why didn't they use a pseudonym or something. I tire for people o.

Meanwhile standard or not, we looked at the employment letter and there was nothing like that. Besides this an IT firm and a reading company, no single common interest. They don't sell anything that is even remotely related to IT.

I am not people and I didn't fault you for bringing the issue here. Don't vent your anger on me Mr. grin

You said this remember They offered to have a mou with the guy's private company he built from scratch to offer IT services. However the company has no interest in IT apart from what they use to work. They want to move into IT with the guy's private practice and co-own it.

What you implied in that statement was that the guy's private company is into an aspect of IT and that the partnership with his former employers would increase their service offering in the field. That's why everyone here has been shouting "conflict of interest". Next time; give information explicitly that won't allow room for various and different interpretation by the reader.

Besides this an IT firm and a reading company, no single common interest. They don't sell anything that is even remotely related to IT. Now you're supplying an information that should have been in your first post. If this had been there; I'm certain that the advises and comments would have been different somehow.

If your friend feels he or she has been treated unjustly by his or her former employers, let him or her get a lawyer and sue them at the industrial court. Shikena.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by kkinternet: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
HELLO FELLOW NIGERIANS,

I WANT TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE A BETTING SCAM GOING ON HERE.

THE PERPETRATOR OF THIS SCAM IS UDUZE ANTHONY OSAGUE FROM EDO STATE.

HIS NUMBER IS +234 813 772 9178.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF HIM AS HE GOES ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE THAT HE BUYS AND SELLS FIXED GAMES BUT ALL OF THEM ARE SAM SCAM SCAM!!!!.

BE WISE.

AS FOR HIM, UDUZE ANTHONY OSAGUE , KARMA IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME!!!!
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by tojahh(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
sleemfesh:

If you have even a single friend they will confide things in you but I guess you have none. Not my headache. If you don't like the gist and can't learn to are welcome to leave. Nobody cares who it is but that it is a life experience and a lesson for people to mindful of.
no sir, I don't bring my 'single' friend issue here... Do you even know what it means to confide in someone? I will tell you

con·fide
kənˈfīd/
verb
tell someone about a secret or private matter while trusting them not to repeat it to others.
"he confided his fears to his mother"
synonyms: reveal, disclose, divulge, lay bare, betray, impart, declare, intimate, uncover, expose, vouchsafe, tell; More
trust (someone) enough to tell them of a secret or private matter.

Now you can understand what it actually mean to confide in someone....

Gracia's
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
It is even better to prevent Corporate Espionage which is a serious crime in a sane country.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by Hannysmilez(f): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=onnenka post=53756890]
The 'real' people are probably too busy to even compose a thread.The 'friends' who are 'less-busy' nd lead boring lives decide to carry matter on their head nd famz.
OP,what did he expect? that they promote him?
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by sleemfesh: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
tojahh:
no sir, I don't bring my 'single' friend issue here... Do you even know what it means to confide in someone? I will tell you

con·fide
kənˈfīd/
verb
tell someone about a secret or private matter while trusting them not to repeat it to others.
"he confided his fears to his mother"
synonyms: reveal, disclose, divulge, lay bare, betray, impart, declare, intimate, uncover, expose, vouchsafe, tell; More
trust (someone) enough to tell them of a secret or private matter.

Now you can understand what it actually mean to confide in someone....

Gracia's
Bros I repeat, if you have even a single friend you can confide in them. Quote me anywhere. If you don't have at least one person like that then that's sad. But then, it's none of my business neither is it the topic here.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by sleemfesh: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
simiolu1:

I am not people and I didn't fault you for bringing the issue here. Don't vent your anger on me Mr. grin

You said this remember They offered to have a mou with the guy's private company he built from scratch to offer IT services. However the company has no interest in IT apart from what they use to work. They want to move into IT with the guy's private practice and co-own it.

What you implied in that statement was that the guy's private company is into an aspect of IT and that the partnership with his former employers would increase their service offering in the field. That's why everyone here has been shouting "conflict of interest". Next time; give information explicitly that won't allow room for various and different interpretation by the reader.

Besides this an IT firm and a reading company, no single common interest. They don't sell anything that is even remotely related to IT. Now you're supplying an information that should have been in your first post. If this had been there; I'm certain that the advises and comments would have been different somehow.

If your friend feels he or she has been treated unjustly by his or her former employers, let him or her get a lawyer and sue them at the industrial court. Shikena.

You make some good points. My bad for lumping you together with those complaining about friend friend.

That line about not offering IT services except ( IT things) what they use to work. Do people buy their own service? Didn't you think that angle? So the lack of understanding of that line is what baffles me cos it's clear. People just rushed the thread like is common on this forum for those that as much as go beyond the heading and read at all sef. So it's not my job to feed lazy readers like it's a nursery, lol.

Thanks for your thought.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by sleemfesh: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=Hannysmilez post=53774673][/quote]

Adjust your quote let's see if we can engage.
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by ariesbull: 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
damola1:

You took up a job, you get paid for it. and You utilise the companies resources including the time they already paid for to run your own personal errands, Yet all you can say is: they'll not want you to grow.

I pray when you run your own business. Your employees will act the same way. Then, we will see how your business will be able to deliver consistent value to investors, employees and customers alike.

Mind you....I didn't use their resources...I do my business at my spare time and I employ my resources. Or will the company not allow me to make use of my resources at my spare time. An my intellect and experience is my resource and that hasn't hindered my productivity

So mind the way you jump NTP conclusion

Never put all your eggs in a basket and always find an exit strategy
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by tojahh(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2017
sleemfesh:

Bros I repeat, if you have even a single friend you can confide in them. Quote me anywhere. If you don't have at least one person like that then that's sad. But then, it's none of my business neither is it the topic here.

I don't need to awaken your spirit of comprehension on the meaning of the word "confide" again.... And by the way, me having a friend who can confide in me is not sad because I rather not have any of such as you claim.

Hope you have a good evening
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by Hannysmilez(f): 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
sleemfesh:

Adjust your quote let's see if we can engage.
I swear I don't know what you're talking about. Adjust how?
Re: A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. by bhankymyk(m): 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. / 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike / Henrietta Yakubu: FAAN Extorts Arik Air Staff Over Passenger Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.