Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage (2334 Views)

Workers To Know New Minimum Wage In August, Says TUC / New Minimum Wage: NASS Ready, Waiting For Executive – Saraki / FG, Labour Agree To Review Of Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by londonrivals: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
The President, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Ayuba Wabba, says the Federal Government and the organised Labour movement in the country have reached a consensus to review the National Minimum Wage.

Wabba, told our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday that the consensus was reached during the sitting of the Technical Committee on Palliative.

He said the committee was meant to look into the framework to ameliorate the sufferings of Nigerians and cushion the effect of the increase in the price of fuel.

He also noted that the report of the committee, which was also meant to discuss the issue of the minimum wage, was ready for submission.

“I think there is a consensus on the fact that nobody has said that the minimum wage should not be reviewed.

“The palliative report is ready and it would be submitted before the end of the month.

“At the last palliative meeting, labour leaders had requested that they needed to look at the main report of the committee before submission.

“So, the technical committee will have to submit its report to Mr President and not to the Minister of Labour and Employment,‘’ he said.

Wabba said that after the submission, the Presidency would then set up the tripartite committee that would involve the government, private and public sector.

The NLC President said that labour was hopeful that the minimum wage committee would be constituted soon.

He said that labour had also received positive response from the National Assembly, saying that the Senate had promised to pass the bill.

Labour unions had submitted a proposal to the government demanding for N56, 000 as minimum wage

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/fg-labour-agree-on-new-minimum-wage.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by SalamRushdie: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
Any govt under Buhari can never achieve a new minimum wage . Buhari is associated with famine , pain , poverty and demotions ..

4 Likes

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by krasican(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
ok
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by rose54321: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
The administration will review the minimum wage and likely civil servant consolidated salary structure,not because they want to or planned to, but because the recent protests sent a clear message.

"If we don't see change anytime soon, forget 2019."

Nigerians should never forget, in a democracy power always belongs to the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by saintikechi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
if they find it difficult to pay the old salary, how can they pay a new minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by OfficialAwol(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Maybe Buhari should kuku remain "Hale and hearty" in his London hospital bed.

Most people would agree with me that ever since he left, so many rational decisions have been taken.

#iStandWithOsibanjo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by CoolFreeday(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria shall be great again
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by OLADD: 5:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
See gobe! The caption and the body of the post are miles apart. One says FG, labour agree new minimum wage while another is talking about agreement to review. Well, I am not surprised since APC is gradually making deceit a part of our constitution.

1 Like

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by masseratti: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
Labour should go and sit down,that was part of what killed Gej administration

1 Like

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by Yorubaangel(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
after series of talk and meetings, the stories will still remain the same.... Nigeria government has taught us all to be pessimistic...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by psucc(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
e no go work.
Which Buhari go give minimum wage?
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
No definite figure or time frame for implementation? Just a useless "consensus"....odiegwu!

Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by EasternActivist: 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Just a $15 increment... Labour will have to keep demanding projection in total direct proportionality with the dollar increase.

Gej increased minimum wage to #18,500 when a dollar was #190, Approximately $97

Now that the dollar is N500 = $1, #18500 is paltry $37, what the Nlc is asking for is what Nigerians should be asking for.
#56000 = $113 which when implemented the value at present will be greater than the value during the time of GEJ with approx $15 increase..

But will the naira ever stabilize under this regime??
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Any govt under Buhari can never achieve a new minimum wage . Buhari is associated with famine , pain , poverty and demotions ..
You are always pessimistic. The recession will soon recede, and Nigerian worker's will get a livable minimum wage. Not that miserable N18000 Jonathan pittance
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by SalamRushdie: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
kropotkin2:
You are always pessimistic. The recession will soon recede, and Nigerian worker's will get a livable minimum wage. Not that miserable N18000 Jonathan pittance

You are being paid to be optimistic about Buhari bro but I am not ..when it comes to Buhari I will always be a pessimist because I have studied him and I know he doesn't have what it takes to make Nigeria prosper Sir
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are being paid to be optimistic about Buhari bro but I am not ..when it comes to Buhari I will always be a pessimist because I have studied him and I know he doesn't have what it takes to make Nigeria prosper Sir
Nobody pays me nothing. Be a patriot and believe in your country
Re: FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage by ThinkSmarter: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
States should also review theirs.

(1) (Reply)

During PDP regime court judgements were written in the villa: Senator Ahmed Lawa / Secession:i Challenge Nnamdi Kanu To Debate. / Biafra: Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Finally Goes To Ogoni In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.