Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,174 members, 7,973,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:56 AM

JAMB Registrar Kicks Against 3 Year UTME Result Validity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Registrar Kicks Against 3 Year UTME Result Validity (473 Views)

Just In: Jamb Sets This Year’s Utme Cut-off Scores! / ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation / New Year UTME/SSCE CBT Software For 2017 Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Registrar Kicks Against 3 Year UTME Result Validity by maximunimpact(m): 11:20am On Feb 16, 2017
The registrar of Joint Admissions and matriculation board (JAMB), Professor Is-haq Oloyede has kicked against the three years extension of validity of UTME results.

While responding to questions on the proposed extension, the registrar said: “I believe it is not desirable to extend the validity period of the UTME results and we are going to engage the policy makers to have a reconsideration of that position. The reason given for it was cost but in the long run, that will not reduce cost. You do not extend the validity of a screening examination; what JAMB conducts is called the screening examination”.

“You do not screen a person for a particular purpose and extend the validity period of the results. It is not a certification examination, it is meant for a purpose. It’s just like somebody writing screening examination for NNPC employment and you say the result should be extended. What certification examination entails is that it is not a one chance exams, you do a continuous assessment over two or three years as the case may be and the exam is not only one sitting, it can be more sittings”.

“Even when you do the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) apart from the fact that 40 per cent is continuous assessment, 60 per cent that is written is not one examination; you have parts one and two but that is not the case of UTME which is structured as screening examination. In a screening examination, there is no pass or fail; it depends on the availability of space”.

“May be my predecessor made this known to them but what I found on record is that my predecessor had made it clear that it is undesirable and I think it is not in the interest of this nation because it will make us a laughing stock in the comity of examination bodies because you don’t extend the type of questions we set. Again, when you say it’s for three years, each of the examination is linked with the syllabus the candidates are going to meet at the higher institutions; so, it will create a lot of problems. The Senate will be persuaded by reasons to drop that type of extension”.

The senate had moved a motion to extend the validity period of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) by three years.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/02/16/jamb-registrar-kicks-against-3-year-utme-result-validity/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: JAMB Registrar Kicks Against 3 Year UTME Result Validity by Cameleon72(f): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2017
why dont scrap this poo out entirely
Re: JAMB Registrar Kicks Against 3 Year UTME Result Validity by firstking01(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Cameleon72:
why dont scrap this poo out entirely
Hmmm, you for open your legs well nauundecided

(1) (Reply)

School Principal Going For A Meeting In Delta State, Dies In Fatal Accident / Mathematicians Alone! / List Of Cheapest Medical And Engineering Schools In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.