Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe (2094 Views)

Adaku Viola Onwuliri And Her Tubers Of Yam Pictured / Mother Climbs School Fence In Anambra To Collect Her Kid Over Monkeypox Rumors / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by raker300: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
From Obinna Odogwu, Ekwulobia

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has said his administration has perfected plans with the United States of America to export one million tubers of yam, as well as other vegetables to the United Kingdom.

He noted that the state had trained some personnel that would handle the exportation of goods, in addition to direct and indirect employments it would create.

Obiano stated this at SS John and Paul Parish (Iba Pope), Awada, Obosi, Idemili North Local Government Area, Anambra State during a mass to commemorate the visit of St JohnPaul 11 to the parish 35 years ago, and 10 years of its dedication.

The governor opined that his administration in the past three years had invested heavily on agriculture to give the state economic respite, saying Anambra State would soon produce 550,000, eggs per day to meet the needs of the people.

Chief Obiano noted that the state had embarked on massive construction of roads in the state, adding that some roads in Awada such as the 500 meters of Osumenyi road, 100 meters of Nsugbe Street, and many others.

He however promised to always intervene in the plight of the people and further improve their standard of living so as to deflate the pains of present economic crunch.

In his homily, the Archbishop of Onitsha and Metropolitan of Onitsha Ecclesiastical Province, His Grace, Most Rev Dr Valerian Okeke reminded Christians that their body was God’s temple and should refrain from all forms of immoralities.

The Archbishop urged them to seek divine grace to enable them keep the commandments of God so as to sojourn with him in heaven rather than eternal damnation.

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/02/anambra-to-export-1-million-tubers-of-yam-to-europe/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2017
Patiently waiting for shidren of hate to land & masturbate as usual while Anambra soars higher like an eagle..

God Bless Gov. Obiano

GOD BLESS ANAMBRA & ANAMBRARIANS

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by PassingShot(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
Dem don start. Na so dem lie with Ugwu exportation. Liepods!

Wetin concern me sef?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
ugwu exporters lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by nonsobaba: 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
Obiano is simply a God-sent genius. The way he is making governance look so easy and effective is still comfounding some pot-bellied, bow-legged colleagues of his who think that being a governor is just about erecting signboards of them handshaking obama while their workers and pensioners die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by RockHard: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
PassingShot:

Wetin concern me sef?

Imagine o. The report said Obiano agreed with the United States on exports to the United Kingdom. cheesy I didn't know U.S now enters agreements on behalf of the U.K. cheesy

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has said his administration has perfected plans with the United States of America to export one million tubers of yam, as well as other vegetables to the United Kingdom.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by AnambraDota: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hmmm, Obiano and his merchants of lies have started dishing another dose of ruse.

Okija Amaka

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by arinze2015: 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
PassingShot:

Wetin concern me sef?
so nothing concerns you and you still dey put your mouth

6 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by ayokellany: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
This clown and his team of social media marauders are here again with their ever blazing lies.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by raker300: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
PassingShot:

Wetin concern me sef?
first off, it's spelt "ugu" stop embarrassing yourself.
Second: you refuse to read the report from the transport company involved in the ugu deal that confirmed their transport.
3rd: you believe sahara reporters now? But when they say Buhari is sick...you call them liars. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by PassingShot(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
arinze2015:
so nothing concerns you and you still dey put your mouth
The thread concern me. Na the lie no concern me. grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by cstr100: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
And how is much is left for domestic consumption?
Reminds me of the cassava conundrum that the UN and chemical Engineers are trying to deal with it. Where large scale demand for cassava for biodiesel production in Brazil and the United states is affecting the amount of cassava available for food..
Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by killsmith(f): 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
And that thief rochas used 600million naira on just Christmas tree...and he's still owing pensioners.....

Its pointless cursing him because he has made his money and achievements grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by Dfinex(f): 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
we don chop finish? ??.....make e remain to export?

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by CriticMaestro: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
ouch
Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by nonsobaba: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
RockHard:

Imagine o. The report said Obiano agreed with the United States on exports to the United Kingdom. cheesy I didn't know U.S now enters agreements on behalf of the U.K. cheesy

Illiterate. Nigeria does not export food items directly to the UK due to stringent EU guidelines and standards. So we have to take them through the US first where the food will be given required certification and easier approval for entry to the EU. See what APC is doing to ur oblong brain.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by nonsobaba: 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
RockHard:

Illiterate. Nigeria does not export food items directly to the UK due to stringent EU guidelines and standards. So we have to take them through the US first where the food will be given required certification and easier approval for entry to the EU.

See what APC is doing to ur oblong brain.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by omenkaLives(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
RockHard:

Obiano is a hardened 419er, worse than Mbadinuju! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by raker300: 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
killsmith:
And that thief used 600million naira on just Christmas tree...and he's still owing pensioners.....

Its pointless cursing him because he has made his money and achievements grin

go back and do your research.
It's rochas of imo state that did that.

See how hate is driving into craziness
Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by omenkaLives(m): 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
Illiterate. Nigeria does not export food items directly to the UK due to stringent EU guidelines and standards. So we have to take them through the US first where the food will be given required certification and easier approval for entry to the EU.

You are a bloody liar!!

We export agro products DIRECTLY to the UK and i know this for a FACT because my colleague does.

This is the reason yall are referred to as LiePob yoots. You lie too fvxking much.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by raker300: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
omenkaLives:
Obiano is a hardened 419er, worse than Mbadinuju! grin
You're from benue state?

A state where it's citizens are murdered in the thousands on a daily...yet you're here pasting tired insults about a people that care nothing of you and your kind.

Wake up man

3 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by adadike281(f): 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
I stand for d progress of the Igbo nation. I recently bought a bag of anambra rice from anam, they added 20 large tubers of yam to it as gift. Honestly, food dey waste around that anam side so I completely believe this story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by temitemi1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
nice one!

1 Like

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by killsmith(f): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
raker300:
go back and do your research.
It's rochas of imo state that did that.

See how hate is driving into craziness
I was talking about rochas undecided
Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by raker300: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
omenkaLives:
You are a bloody liar!!

We export agro products DIRECTLY to the UK and i know this for a FACT because my colleague does.

This is the reason yall are referred to as LiePob yoots. You lie too fvxking much.
the Ugu deal has been done. The payment from the deal has been used efficiently in building the state. Yet you're here, drooling on about something you know nothing about. Wake up man.

Now my good sir, sit back and enjoy sites of how obiano utilized payment from the "Ugu" deal.

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by RockHard: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
nonsobaba:

Dude, are you sure your brain ain't leaking or something? Why you gotta spam my mention with your lies? Look here, I'm not one of your fellow ipod numb-brains that you people can bamboozle with your bullshyt. WTF, I don't even care if una export 20-million phantom yams. Just wanted to point out the sloppy job you Obiano hirelings did in the report.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by Super1Star: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Diversification policy is really gaining mileage in Anambra ---- from Ugwu to Yam.

What's next thing to be exported?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by RockHard: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
omenkaLives:
You are a bloody liar!!

Don't blame them bro. Anyone that can be fooled into believing in and paying for a Biafran passport and Aircraft would fall for anything. cheesy Obiano sabi dem well well. He's just feeding them with the usual staple of bullshyt, and see as dem dey guzzle/swallow am like Eba. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by omenkaLives(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
raker300:
You're from benue state?

A state where it's citizens are murdered in the thousands on a daily...yet you're here pasting tired insults about a people that care nothing of you and your kind.

Wake up man
That doesnt mean obingo is not a bloody 419er who always has his way with the thousands of "gullibo" Ugandan yoots, selling ugwu and yam lies.

Obingo is worse than Mbadinuju. Deal with it.

By the way, i thought i'm from Kwara, abi flat heads don change their minds? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by Realdeals(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
What is TO ? I hate government using that word, its a sign that they have nothing to do.
Re: Anambra To Export 1 Million Tubers Of Yam To Europe by omenkaLives(m): 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2017
Super1Star:
Diversification policy is really gaining mileage in Anambra ---- from Ugwu to Yam.

What's next thing to be exported?
I think the next thing would be stupidity, millions of tonnes of it. It is in excess supply in Uganda. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Writes On Presidency's Outburst Over Osinbajo's Rising Profile / Just In! Occupants Of Aso Rock Advised To Get Ready To Vacate. / Biafra: What Igbo Elders Will Do If Buhari Fails To Remove IPOB From Terrorist’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.