Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,216 members, 7,967,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 06:45 PM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23980 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by THEAMAKA1: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2009
brooknam99:

I'm baaaaacccckkk suckas!!!! how u gone ban me when people like NCHARA,MEKUSSXXX, IGWE 1,ALOY EMEKA ,THE AMAKA, CHIOGO, ANDRE UWEH, AND THEIR COHORTS are allowed to stay on and spew their usual tribal hate? oh, i forget, im not ibo!!!!
you must not really know how this site operates. OH WAIT!! your American!!!
look here, you CURSE PEOPLE OUT, CURSE ALL OVER THE PLACE, AND TALK TRASH TO ANYONE IN SITE.
and how do i spit tribal hate? PLEASE SHOW ME!!! QUOTE ME, ABEG!!!
and you think igbos are the only ones that are tribalist here?
i guess you havent come across tpia., freshmoney, *jona, (just to name a few)
but anytime you see an igbo you are the first one to scream "tribalist!!"
and NO im not a tribalist, i just talk trash to jackasses like you.
do you not hear yourself when you talk?
and im pretty sure the person that banned you wasnt igbo!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by THEAMAKA1: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
brooknam99:

debosky, it aint about keepn my language civil. NCHARA, DEBOSKY, IGWE 1, ALOY EMEKA, MEKUSSXXX AND CO start some tribal stuff, i retort, then i get banned??!?! beats me!!!
@chiogo: dont lie u missed me, u and your "spitting in public self"lol
you are worst than the tribalist, like i said before.
you american, you dont even know half the stuff youre talking about.
cause you see an igbo that gives you the right to automatically label them a tribalist and start cursing them out?
besides nchara who else starts tribalist threads? huh? and after those threads are started, who joins them? and amongst one of the first people to start badmouthing igbos? huh? isnt it YOU?
you are the first to cast a stone, yet you do the same thing.
go back to brooklyn or whatever and get a puerto rican or some dominican or cuban chick, okay?
"im bigger, badder" [size=30pt]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/size]
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by chiogo(f): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
^ lol Amaka stop yelling. They'd soon ban you too.  grin

I'm really doubting that this Brooklyn of a guy is really American/latino or whatever he claims. But all na joke. I laugh in Igbo.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by THEAMAKA1: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2009
im cool, im not yelling.
hahahahah  cheesy
this cat is so funny.

*let me get outta here and go and get my x-rays, shoo. lol*
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by chiogo(f): 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
looooool. I know.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2009
chiogo:

^ lol Amaka stop yelling. They'd soon ban you too.  grin

I'm really doubting that this Brooklyn of a guy is really American/latino or whatever he claims. But all na joke. I laugh in Igbo.
You a tribalist?! shocked shocked shocked

Am I going blind?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by THEAMAKA1: 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2009
FL Gators:

Am I going blind?
he labels any igbo he sees as a tribalist. lolol
he was on NL for like 2 days and came to that conclusion that ALL igbos are tribalists.
hehehe
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by chiogo(f): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2009
FL Gators:

Am I going blind?
Yes oo, I'm a tribalist.  grin

If we're talking about the original meaning of the word not the Nairaland meaning. tongue
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
Chiogo, you dey entertain am?
I'm pissed o. . . .

Why didnt you invite me to the "Let's Call Everybody A Tribalist" club? angry angry
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Beaf: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
The Mexican mobster has now morphed into brooknam99. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I predict another banning.

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
Beaf:

The Mexican mobster has now morphed into brooknam99. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I predict another banning.

rotflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by chiogo(f): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2009
FL Gators:

Chiogo, you dey entertain am?
I'm pissed o. . . .

Why didnt you invite me to the "Let's Call Everybody A Tribalist" club? angry angry
Girl, the invitation was everywhere, thought you saw it. grin
Ask, Brooklyn, we have so much in our club. *sighs* That's how much fun we have. tongue
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jona2: 2:09am On Dec 14, 2009
[b]2009 BUDGET: Discouraging Score Card From The States
By Armsfree Ajanaku Onomo

AT about this time last year, a flurry of activities had gripped the different governments houses, and States Houses of Assembly across the country. In elaborate ceremonies, budgets were presented to legislators who in turn poured through the documents, made a few adjustments and returned same to the chief executives for assent. Pronto, the appropriation bills became laws, by which government spending was regulated.

Mindful of the need to impact on the lives of the citizenry, and justify the high office they occupy, many of the state governors also ensured that their budgets came with some high sounding titles. It was thus not unusual to hear phrases such as; "budget of consolidation and accelerated economic development," among many other very creative and high-sounding sobriquets. This in the main reflects the desires of some of the governments across the states to make an impact on the people.

With the year coming to an end however, very few state governments have shown any form of willingness to discuss how they have fared with respect to the implementation of the 2009 appropriation in their states. Now, as the year comes to a close, no one is hearing the same kind of loud noise that accompanied the processes between, the presentation and signing of the budgets. Politicians are not known to be reticent; they would always take to the rooftops to trumpet whatever achievements they feel they have had. The deafening silence on the part of the various state governments may be correctly interpreted as, a sign that majority of them did not fare well, with regards to implementing their budgets.

Unfortunately, this comes at a time when many Nigerians are still struggling to recover from the emasculating effects of the global financial crisis. Virtually all known indicators have tended to show that the nation's oil wealth has not reflected positively in the living standard of the people. While the 2009 budget at the federal level is said to have failed because of the lack of capacity and corruption in the bureaucracy, it is difficult to point to one state where remarkable development has taken place.

Lagos has shown some signs of development, but that is a different thing from strict adherence to the budget principle. What was the target of the 2009 budget; what are the allocations to the different sectors; how much of monitoring and oversight has the legislature carried out and what is the percentage of transparency and participation by the public?

Lagos budget N405 billion, and it targeted at least 208.8 billion in internally generated revenue. Knowing that depending on proceeds from the federation account alone would not help the cause of transforming the city, the government has tried to consolidate its aggressive revenue generation drive. Governor Babatunde Fashola put it thus recently: "On the expenditure side, our main focus remained on the improvement of living conditions throughout the state, hence the 60 percent allocation to capital projects as opposed to 40 percent for recurrent expenditure. Our economic policy thrust was poverty eradication and sustainable economic growth through infrastructure renewal and development."

Although the Lagos State House of Assembly is yet to give its verdict on the review of the state's 2009 appropriation, the government has made it known that as at September this year, the state had attained a budget performance level of 70 percent. The Fashola administration says the performance level is roughly equivalent to the 71 percent aggregate internally generated revenue achieved by all relevant agencies during the same period. Many would be inclined to believe the 70 percent performance level given by the government largely because of the efforts being made by the government to transform the state, through the provision of infrastructure.

Apart from Lagos, and a few others, some are unable to justify the resources that have accrued to them thus far. Although the activities of Niger Delta militants impacted negatively on the revenue projections of government at all levels throughout 2009, those with the drive and the right policies have been able to deliver.

In Rivers State for example, the conclusion of experts is that the huge figure of N432billion has not actually reflected in crucial areas. As such, Rivers is said to fare badly in many of the development indices.

In Edo, Governor Adams Oshiomhole complained about the late passage of the budget, but his efforts in road rehabilitation and the establishment of the Edo Youth Empowerment Scheme (EDO-YES) have underlined the administration's determination to impact on the people.

In Benue, Governor Gabriel Suswam does not have much to show for monies appropriated in 2009. The slow pace of activities is attracting criticisms to the governor, who was commended for a job well done in 2008. All of sudden, Benue seems to have lost its image as a vast construction site when Suswam first came in. In the area of road construction feelers in Benue have it that the budget has failed to yield the desired results.

In Ondo, the change of guards at the government house in February, which resulted in the emergence of Segun Mimiko as governor, and the attendant political bickering took its toll on the implementation of the budget.

Immediately he came on board, governor Mimiko halted on-going projects.

On the whole, one of the states that encountered difficulties is Cross River, which had to slash its budget by 20 percent, after 76 of its oil wells were transferred to neighbouring Akwa Ibom State. The State has had to also cut its allocation to critical sectors like education and health.

Beyond this, the inability of many the states to implement their budgets, is the issue of dwindling revenue from the federation account. Many of the states are also yet to strengthen their capacity to generate revenues internally through taxation and other levies. The over dependence on proceeds from the federation account had its drawbacks due to events in the Niger Delta.

In October for example revenue received by the Federal Government from crude oil was N148.98 billion or 29.82 per cent short of the budgeted estimate of N449.98 billion in the second quarter ended June, 2009. The oil revenue profile, which was net of costs and other deductions, fared better in the first quarter, in which receipts fell below budgeted estimate by N102.56 billion or 22.63 per cent.

According to the Budget Office, indications from NNPC suggest that improvement in receipts in January 2009, from oil companies, which were indebted to government, is largely responsible for this. On the whole, the gross federally collectible revenue for 2009 was projected at N5.305 trillion, with a quarterly and half-year estimate of N1.326 trillion and N2.652 trillion respectively.

In the end, it is pertinent to point out that the leadership across the states of the federation would have to work harder in order to meet up with the very high expectations of Nigerians, many of whom are yet to feel the impact of governance in their lives[/b]
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 2:57am On Dec 14, 2009
Imo Job Centre partners BfE Canada
12 December, 2009 11:40:00 By EMEKA IHIEGBULEM, Orlu
Font size:
The Imo Job Centre (IJC) Owerri has signed a Memorandum of Partnership (MoP) with a Canadian-based Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Basics for Empowerment (BfE).
Project Director of Imo Job Centre, Prof. Obioma Iheduru, said that the rationale behind the centre and Finishing School entering into the partnership was for the purpose of training of carpenters.
He expressed hope that the project will be domiciled at the Osu Technical College Mbano for ease of recruitment, co-ordination, supervision and continuity among others.
Prof. Iheduru equally stated that the state government will provide a suitable accommodation and security for the trainers as their counter part contribution.
He, however, noted that the state will also provide transportation, when needed, to the trainers for the duration of initial training , adding that the state will make necessary arrangements to ensure safety arrival of equipment and hitch-free take-off of the project.
“This training is to be implemented through the Department of Carpentry at the University of Western Ontario in Canada . The proposal has it that BfE Canada through the IJC will select and train 100 carpenters . These carpenters will be trained to meet world standard.
The representative of BfE Canada, Mr. Ifeanyi P. Okorie, said they were very pleased to be in the state to partner with the Imo State Government under the IJC.
He contended that the project is a vital one insisting that it will not only create self reliance among the people but launch them into contributing towards national development.
“Considering the lack of skills we have in Nigeria especially in Imo state, the project will benefit the state in many folds. This is because we are coming in to train carpenters with the latest equipment and tools in the carpentry industry. We will import the equipment from Canada in North America and install them here in Imo state. They (men and women) will be trained on how to use this equipment to perfect them in all aspects of civil engineering jobs,” he said.
He disclosed that the trainers, would be coming from Canada and would be in the state for a period of eight to 12 months.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by olafolarin(m): 3:19am On Dec 14, 2009
The Best Governor of 2009 is fashola,
80% budget implementation,

Even the FG had just 37% while states like Cross River,Akwa Ibom,Ekiti,Oyo,etc had 20%
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by dlox01(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
competion is nada!!!!in virtually all aspects fashola beats everyother governor,
if tinubu gives him a little more space,infact,there wouldnt be a reason to add anyother person to the poll.
there are some truly terrible governors parading themselves and hoping on a second term but have not done anything, so sad
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Godwithmen: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
The level of infrastructural development going on in Anambra state as i am talking with u, especially on;
roads,
erosion sites,
Housing,
city beautification, etc is second to non, The man called Mr Peter Obi who never wanted any title but as follower of christ were nick named Christians in those days, so has he obtained a nick name OKWUTE IDIGBO which was adopted from the confession of Christ on the peter of the Bible,
In fact fellow #landers, this issue of who is the best governor in Nigeria should have basis such as;
(1) What do the governor achieved and with what
you all know that various states has not the same financial muscle,
With the little purse of Anambra state when compared with other rich state like lagos , Delta etc
yet there is heavy projects going on in all towns and local governments in Anambra state which surpasses what was done by all governor of the state put together since the creation of the state,
Some time i thought that all Anambra people will support him without any wanting to contest with him until i remembered that even Christ the savior of the world had oppositions in his days so i'm no longer surprise at 47 people in 1 party wanting to get hold of Anambra state government purse,
THERE IS NO BODY WITH HIS RIGHT SENSES WHO WILL BE OPPORTUNED TO HAVE SOMETHING GOOD WHO WILL NOT TRY TO HOLD IT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE,
THANK GOD FOR PETER OBI.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
We all know who the cap fits and that is fashola.He has raised the profile of lagos in all levels.Evidently,we all can differentiate lagos of last ten years and now,so fashola deserves the best governor award.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by stede(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
eko koni baje. fashola jeun soke
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by wugatee: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
There will be change, and i pray it comes more faster, let them be sincere and use our money to solve our basic problem. Whatsoever a man sows that he will also reap. i believe if the plans the Gov. of Rivers state has shown us is carried out. He will be celebrated.
wugatee@yahoo.com

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by pacodas: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
Godwithmen:

The level of infrastructural development going on in Anambra state as i am talking with u, especially on;
roads,
erosion sites,
Housing,
city beautification, etc is second to non, The man called Mr Peter Obi who never wanted any title but as follower of christ were nick named Christians in those days, so has he obtained a nick name OKWUTE IDIGBO which was adopted from the confession of Christ on the peter of the Bible,
In fact fellow #landers, this issue of who is the best governor in Nigeria should have basis such as;
(1) What do the governor achieved and with what
you all know that various states has not the same financial muscle,
With the little purse of Anambra state when compared with other rich state like lagos , Delta etc
yet there is heavy projects going on in all towns and local governments in Anambra state which surpasses what was done by all governor of the state put together since the creation of the state,
Some time i thought that all Anambra people will support him without any wanting to contest with him until i remembered that even Christ the savior of the world had oppositions in his days so i'm no longer surprise at 47 people in 1 party wanting to get hold of Anambra state government purse,
THERE IS NO BODY WITH HIS RIGHT SENSES WHO WILL BE OPPORTUNED TO HAVE SOMETHING GOOD WHO WILL NOT TRY TO HOLD IT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE,
THANK GOD FOR PETER OBI.

Hope you are not campaigning for Obi
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by hazh(m): 1:43am On Dec 15, 2009
Anytime,anyday,Gov.Fashola is my governor of the year.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 3:12am On Dec 15, 2009
Between Fashola and Tinubu
By NOSIKE OGBUENYI
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

• Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
After months of underground manouvrings and interplay of high stake forces amid strident denials of rift between the godfather and his godson, the intricate succession battle for the 2011 governorship election in Lagos State appears to be gradually spilling over to the open.

Few days back, Mr. Segun Ayobolu, a dyed-in-the wool loyalist of former Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu, resigned from the Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola administration. At the time of resignation, he was Special Adviser to the governor on Information and Strategy/Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information.

Ayobolu, the longstanding media tactician of the Tinubu camp cited health reasons, but the governor confessed that he was shell-shocked by the move as he was not carried along.

Ayobolu has been associated with Tinubu for nearly 20 years dating back to when the latter was a Senator in the early 1990s during the abortive Third Republic of the Babangida era. Ayobolu was part of the media strategists that worked hard to facilitate Tinubu’s election as governor Lagos State in 1999.

The implication of Ayobolu’s exit is that the media flank of the administration has been weakened. It was learnt that the resignation was just the beginning of more of such pull-outs that will follow the battle for the control of the commercial nerve centre ahead of the next general elections. It is on record that Fashola has not reshuffled his cabinet since he took over from Tinubu on May 29, 2007. It has been speculated that he has not done so because the appointees derive extra power from their mentor, Tinubu. One of the commissioners, Dr. Muiz Banire of the Environment Ministry is rumoured to have been anointed as the successor of Fashola on AC platform in 2011. It was alleged that before the ticket was given to Fashola in 2006, he agreed to limit himself to a single term and to abide by the decision of the group.

But both Tinubu and Fashola have consistently denied reports of their alleged rift as the machination of their political adversaries. Now, the battleline appears to have been drawn between Fashola and Tinubu’s loyalists ahead of the 2011 election. Through his impeccable track records in office, Fashola has been able to attract a coop of convinced loyalists and supporters not only within the administration but the wider spheres of the state and the nation. These elements are urging him on not minding the contrary stand of the Asiwaju. This support has emboldened him to threaten to sack disloyal aides. The governor has reportedly admonished them to either fall in line, resign or be sacked.

Another group urging Fashola to reject the ‘Mandela Option’ (limitation to a single term) are some eminent Lagosians who believe the governor is doing a good job and should therefore be supported for a second term come 2011.

But as the rumours of the soured relationship between the two leading politicians swirl, Fashola came out last week to stem the evil wind. According to the governor, he would do everything to continue to maintain the healthy and warm relationship between him and Tinubu which he said predated his election into office as governor.

Fashola who was an attorney to the Tinubus before veering into politics, spoke in an interview with newsmen at the Lagos House, Marina after a caucus meeting. He stressed: “I say very emphatically that our relationship predates my being in government and I will do everything to continue to maintain that relationship…The relationship is very important to me. I think some people are looking for a divide where none exists. I think at the very best some people are dreaming it. But if they remain in that dream they will not wake up. If they remain in that dream the development of Lagos will pass them by”.

Fashola added: “They better wake up because no matter how long you dream that Governor Tinubu and I will fight, there would be no fight. There is no reason for us to fight. There is no contest between us. He is my leader. He is the leader of my party. The party that I am proud to be a member of”.

The talks about the smouldering power struggle and realignment of political forces in the state were further accentuated by Tinubu’s absence at the pre-convention lecture of the AC held on Thursday in Ikeja. The former governor was absent despite the fact that he was in town and that several other AC big wigs were present. Among them were the AC National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, Fashola himself, Lagos AC Chairman, Henry Ajomale, former Ogun State Governor, Chief Olusegun Osoba, Fashola’s deputy, Mrs Sarah Sosan, Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji and many others. Tinubu’s associates attributed his absence to fatigue after allegedly having series of crucial meetings the previous night.

The next few months leading into the new year will certainly point the true direction concerning the relationship between Fashola and his mentor, Tinubu. Only time will tell whether he still possesses the wherewithal to unseat him from the power vortex where he placed him nearly three years ago.

Having the kind of near total control which he allegedly used to exercise over Fashola at the early stage may not be feasible for Tinubu any longer since the incumbent governor has grown in confidence and power over the years. But one can surmise that if the story of the infighting between the two of them is anything to go by, then each camp would have to weigh a lot of variables in finalizing its 2011 gameplan.

For Fashola, a fall-out with Tinubu at this stage might imply kissing a goodbye to the AC ticket due to Tinubu’s near total grip on the party. That would mean settling for another strong platform capable of squaring Tinubu’s AC. The former will also likely unleash his media arsenal on him having emerged lately as a veritable media mogul.
Concerning the matter of Tinubu ditching Fashola for another candidate, that may conversely be a high risk venture in view of Fashola’s growing populism on the basis of his first rate achievements in the state so far. It will look like the squeezing water from stone to convince the highly enlightened Lagos voters to move against a proven achiever in the mould of Fashola.

While the political horizon in the state remains nebulous, the best wish now is that the tales of growing gap between the two top politicians remain in the domain of speculation so that Lagos may witness more years of real democratic dividends.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by EmmaGSM(m): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2009
The humble man called Mr Peter Obi is the man behind election in Anambra state alone come next year 2010 out of 36 states of the federation, which means legally he (Mr Peter Obi) has changed the election time table in Nigeria thereby started the journey to true federalism in Nigeria,
GOV PETER OBI IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by pacodas: 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Emma GSM:

The humble man called Mr Peter Obi is the man behind election in Anambra state alone come next year 2010 out of 36 states of the federation, which means legally he (Mr Peter Obi) has changed the election time table in Nigeria thereby started the journey to true federalism in Nigeria,
GOV PETER OBI IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA.

Does that make him best Gov. 2009 I thought he achieved that 3 years ago
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Godwithmen: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
Now , i say the truth and it is sounding like campain to some people

Obi is simply the best choice for Anambra State
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
I dont think every voter in this trend has first hand information about all the 36 states @ present. not to be biased, one has to have true facts about level of development in all the states and their governors.

If i may start from the least, Segun Oni (Ekiti State) is the worst governor, next to him is Alao Akala of Oyo state. They are doing nothing but to spend public funds for personal benefits. Take a visit to this states you will see what am talking about.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Baro(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2009
I think Fashola and Godswill Akpabio, stands out
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by pacodas: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2009
kennyaribs:

I dont think every voter in this trend has first hand information about all the 36 states @ present. not to be biased, one has to have true facts about level of development in all the states and their governors.

If i may start from the least, Segun Oni (Ekiti State) is the worst governor, next to him is Alao Akala of Oyo state. They are doing nothing but to spend public funds for personal benefits. Take a visit to this states you will see what am talking about.

You are right but a golden spoon has no hiding place
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2009
kennyaribs:

[size=18pt]If i may start from the least, Segun Oni (Ekiti State) is the worst governor,[/size] next to him is Alao Akala of Oyo state. They are doing nothing but to spend public funds for personal benefits. Take a visit to this states you will see what am talking about.

I agree
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by lookmangiw(m): 11:32am On Dec 16, 2009
I wont want some people to be very biased on this very issues at hand.Let's try to be very honest with ourself and face the facts though have not been to many of the other states in this country,but even the blind are seeing and the deaf are hearing the great works fashola is doing in LAGOS.Things people could only imagined in their dreams and it is happening right now.Cant they see?

Eko O NI BAJE
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by danis: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
it must b Fashola, kudos to a clear mind ! Chime next, GOD BLESS THEM BOTH !! IN JESUS' MIGHTY NAME -AMEN !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fayose May Have Escaped Impeachment / Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity / $2b Arms Deal: EFCC Confronts Dasuki, Dokpesi & Co With Evidence Of Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.