Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,370 members, 7,943,924 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

I Am A Woman!!! - So What? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am A Woman!!! - So What? (562 Views)

I’m Now Officially A Woman, So Address Me As One - Bobrisky Says / White Woman So Addicted To Tanning She Gets Mistaken For A Black Woman / Chinedu Nwadike 'Turns A Woman' In New Movie Role (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by omaolowo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Whoever Wrote This Should Be Awarded.....

I AM A WOMAN!!! - So What?

I GET into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "A runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man loses his wife to death and remarries a year after. He has done the right thing! He's being praised and congratulated for moving on, after all life is for the living.

A woman loses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "Ahhh! so early? Are you sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.

But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!!

Share to respect some woman.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by lwisee: 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Will you keep quayet!!!

The society we are, if a man slaps a woman the man will be dealt with. If a woman slaps a man he will also be blamed /punished.

Are you from Pluto?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by brandonobi(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
nice post, quite honest, just a tiny bit one sided but true
Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Chai¡¡¡

Women have suffered undecided
Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by adadike281(f): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
sighs! women and d many troubles we face. There is a reason why we are called woman. in as much as I agree to some extent with this post, I do not agree with all. we complement each other I.e man and woman. when a man is mad at you, you do not show u are much more mad or it myt land u in d hospital, same goes to the man. I do not believe d society frowns at every bold step a woman takes, just do it at d right time coz there is time for everything.
Honestly , I don't go rubbing shoulder with a man coz I know there are things I need a man for. We all complement each other

1 Like

Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by brandonobi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
adadike281:
sighs! women and d many troubles we face. There is a reason why we are called woman. in as much as I agree to some extent with this post, I do not agree with all. we complement each other I.e man and woman. when a man is mad at you, you do not show u are much more mad or it myt land u in d hospital, same goes to the man. I do not believe d society frowns at every bold step a woman takes, just do it at d right time coz there is time for everything.
Honestly , I don't go rubbing shoulder with a man coz I know there are things I need a man for. We all complement each other
nice one
Re: I Am A Woman!!! - So What? by stanway(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
its a mans world,just saying u can't change the natural order of things.

(1) (Reply)

Read What Olamide Said In The 17 Years Relationship? / Olamide, Davido, Lil Kesh & Tizzle Gracing The Horse Race In Lagos St(pics,vid) / Pastor Casts Out Demon From 13 Year Old Girl As She Screams(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.