Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:48 AM

Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? (13799 Views)

Boy Who Slept With A Girl He Met For The First Time Now Finds It Hard To Urinate / whi is smoking not Completely Banned / Is Smoking In The Public Against The Law In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by ochukoccna: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2011
ikee:

It is a very hard thing to quit smoking, my father smoked closely to 17yrs before he was able to call it a day.however i will like you to get this ebook; how i finally quit smoking by a celebrated smoker.This eBook is his first-hand account of the quitting process, written to inspire you to quit too. It offers you 100 pages of useful insights from preparing for withdrawal and fighting off "nic fits" to maintaining an empowered, joyful outlook. Other topics include quitting "side effects" like weight gain and how tobacco ads lure children into addiction.

Take charge now. Quit smoking and reap the rewards. These winning strategies will strengthen your determination to quit — for good. Prepare. Now is the time to heal yourself. To get this ebook, send your name, email address, quit smoking,location to 2348066515584[email]iykeobi84@yahoo.com[/email]

If you want to help people, attach the PDF here. All this mail my email sound like scams
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by ochukoccna: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
@ hothead,
This is about 2 years after, have you overcome smoking.
I see from your profile that you still posted around August this year indicating your account is still active.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Gurv: 10:56am On Feb 17, 2012
Smoking is addiction and its a very tough task for chain smoker to quit smoking.If someone is planning to quit smoking then he /she requires high deterministic mind and will power to control our feeling of addiction.
As i think Electronic cigarettes are the easiest way to get rid from such smoking addiction .

electronic cigarette uk
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by anz0002: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2012
One of the main reasons is that gradually our body gets accustomed to nicotine and over the time it develops a affinity for it there fore when we try to quit it it is a bit difficult to do so. However with proper guidance and use of electronic cigarette on can easily quit smoking.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Abimbade: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
harakiri: Wow,

And i was beginning to think that Guinness probably owes me a title for chain smoking.Seems there are others who have it worse than me.I've been smoking since i was 18 years old and i'll be 30 in march 2010 (that sucks. . .12 freaking years).I've tried quitting more than a few times and the longest was for 18 months (2005/2006).It has gotten to a point where i smoke at least two packets of Benson each day. . .if i'm drinking, it could be more.Alcohol doesn't even do much for me anymore.It has gotten to a point where if left alone, i can consume a bottle of red or black label on my own.Sometimes, it's not even enough and i have to drive out to the mart to get a bottle of Elliot to "continue" from where i stopped.Beer and stout are child's game compared to what i drink now although i have kept off alcohol for some weeks now (after i started slowing down since middle of last year) and I've slowed down from the cigarettes.I've smoked 12 this morning, took some hours break (which is strange) and as i'm typing this, i haven't smoked for three hours and i feel weird.Normally, i should have typed a long "MEMO" by now but my brain is so "slow".Can't even see straight not to talk of typing fast.Need to go get a pack. . .brb

this is something... nnkan leleyioooooo
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by anonymoussam: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
my brother, smoking may be hard to quit, but it is not so hard to quit. You only need four things to conquer unwanted habits, 1- want- this is what you hope to get or do, in your case, 'i want to quit', 2-desire- this is second degree want,it is now a need. It is 'unquenchable thirst' let your whole mind and entire being be focused on 'i want to quit, i need to quit' , 3- will power- drive your body your mind meaning 'i must', 4-new hobby- in my study of human beings, we are very elastic in nature. Find something you cherish more than smoking, something you will give smoking for then replace smoking with the new hobby. This are the toughts of 'no matter what it takes' by the time you put , 'i want to quit''i need to quit''i must quit'and'no matter what it takes' with all seriousness and determination and God sees your heart, you wont even know when it disappears and it will be extinct. however, if such urge comes in the future, you will be strong enough to overcome. ...Remember 'want, desire, will, and a good strong hobby'.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by anonymoussam: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
my brother, smoking may be hard to quit, but it is not so hard to quit. You only need four things to conquer unwanted habits and problems, 1- want- this is what you hope to get or do, in your case, 'i want to quit', 2-desire- this is second degree want,it is now a need. It is 'unquenchable thirst' let your whole mind and entire being be focused on 'i want to quit, i need to quit' , 3- will power- drive your body and your mind meaning 'i must', 4-new hobby- in my study of human beings, we are very elastic in nature. Find something you cherish more than smoking, something you will give smoking for. then replace smoking with the new hobby. This are the toughts of 'no matter what it takes'. by the time you put , 'i want to quit''i need to quit''i must quit'and'no matter what it takes' with all seriousness and determination and God sees your heart, you wont even know when it disappears and it will be extinct. however, if such urge comes in the future, you will be strong enough to overcome. ...Remember 'want, desire, will, and a good strong hobby'.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by healthywealth: 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
another way of quiting smoking is on the sick bed
when you have no option than to quit to enable one respond to treatment
but is not the best, think about it.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Liqua(m): 4:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Famous European E - Liquid Brand Liqua is looking for distributors in Nigeria.
We believe that Nigeria has the highest potential with regards to E - Cigarettes and E - Liquids in Africa.

That is why we want to offer you the opportunity to become one of our resellers.
We want to capitalize on this potential together with you.

Our product has a very stable Italian Flavor which continuously delivers satisfaction to consumers all over the world.

Please check our website www.ritchy.com and also check

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=liqua+e+liquid+review&sm=3

Here you can see random individuals testing our flavors.

If you are interested in becoming a reseller or you need some additional information then please email me on;

henk.bruinsma@gortichy.com

Kind Regards,

Henk Bruinsma

Business Development Manager
Ritchy Group

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by lepasharon(f): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
people who are trying to stop smoking should try vaping instead of smoking and gradually they will forget about cigarettes smiley
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by OsbornTyler7: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
If you take into account the reviews of smokers,url is in unreal demand among consumers. Those who took this and quit smoking with its help say that it really reduced nicotine cravings without affecting their well-being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Find Biotin And Keratin In Nigeria? / COVID-19 Update For January 29 2021 In Nigeria / See How To Naturally Cure Whitlow; Causes, Symptoms And Natural Remedy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.