Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,134 members, 7,933,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:48 PM

Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? (697 Views)

Community Secondary School, Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom In Bad State / Secondary School Students Sing Naira Marley's "Opotoyi" During Assembly / Secondary School Closed Over Students Marriages Among Themselves In Bauchi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 19, 2017
Good day nairalanders.... This morning my brother and I where having a serious argument and our argument was about this. After the completion of secondary school education, does it guarantee sound English. As for me it does but my younger brother doesn't agree with me.
Pls kindly comment your opinions...nairaland is the heart of Nigeria and all ethnics groups are here.. Lalasticalala help...
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by johncallidon(m): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2017
it depends on the standard of the school.
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2017
Well it depends on the secondary school, you wont also learn it in university because university lecturers that teach Gst101 don't teach English from the root, they just skip some things, so its left for you to do the research your self and read wide.
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2017
johncallidon:
it depends on the standard of the school.
u are right but I think secondary school should give u quality and sound English...university job is just to brush u in ur field of study
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by kabrud: 11:59am On Feb 19, 2017
The Secondary School English Curriculum has taken care of all that is required for a candidate to have a good command and control of English language. The problem is the degree of compliance & the quality of teachers. The university/poly does not teach basic English. Most candidates with poor understanding of English at O'Level rarely speak/write well even after university education.

My humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by dingbang(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
The society around you, the primary and secondary school as well as yourself is a criteria to determine your skill in spoken and written English.
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Krystalzkris(f): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
if you dont have a good command of the English language after your secondary education, please refund your school fees to your parents....grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Krystalzkris:
if you dont have a good command of the English language after your secondary education, please refund your school fees to your parents....grin
God bless u dear
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by DonCortino: 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yes!
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
The society around you, the primary and secondary school as well as yourself is a criteria to determine your skill in spoken and written English.
yea u re absolutely right
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by lacasera14(m): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pascalville:
Good day nairalanders.... This morning my brother and I where having a serious argument and our argument was about this. After the completion of secondary school education, does it guarantee sound English. As for me it does but my younger brother doesn't agree with me.
Pls kindly comment your opinions...nairaland is the heart of Nigeria and all ethnics groups are here.. Lalasticalala help...
nobody teaches you sound English in the university, in fact your school cert is more than enough just develop yourself by reading more than the normal guy out there

2 Likes

Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2017
lacasera14:
nobody teaches you sound English in the university, in fact your school cert is more than enough just develop yourself by reading more than the normal guy out there
that was what I was telling my bro...that university only brush up ur field of study....like if u re studying engineering it will brush u up in that field...
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2017
Lalasticalala help... U can't even help someone a little ..I wanna hear people opinions
Re: Is Secondary School Enough For You To Have A Very Sound English? by babyfaceafrica: 11:47am On Feb 20, 2017
It's enough

(1) (Reply)

[wisdom Story] "The Giving Tree" - With Moral / Wonderful Riddle For The Smart Ones- Come In And Crack This Code / JAMB Introduces 4th Choice, Scraps Awaiting Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.