Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,944 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

Pen And Paper - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pen And Paper (1286 Views)

"If You Want To Change The World, Pick Up Your Pen And Write." Pic / The Man, His Pen And His Tummy / Paper King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pen And Paper by blaizetony: 6:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Pen and paper by O.A.O

"The pen is mightier than the sword" (Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1839). Growing up, I was a little kid with few words; I expressed myself better by my actions. My words came out short and precised but lacked the depth, strength and the supreme potential of conveying my deepest thoughts from my soul articulately and seamlessly to my listeners. I developed dire impatience, as people often misunderstood or disregarded my scanty words and inept actions which I often utilized to buttress my viewpoints, up until I unwittingly discovered the glamorous art of writing.

Writing, although arduous at first trial, gave me the desired platform to pour out my heart via one of the cheapest but effectual medium of communication, which is a “pen and paper”. Time after time days after days, writing became a part of me. With that little pen, I could express my deepest thoughts without restrictions. No government, no oppression, no turmoil could hold me back. I became unstoppable! Even with the stifling recession, I adjusted to cheapjack pens but my words were hitting the papers hard and connecting unlimited thoughts, vast and uncountable as the waters. Lines after lines, I saw myself educating myself, I saw myself casting out anger and frustrations on plain papers, rather than hauling distasteful words on my oppressors. With writing, I now see myself crossing boundaries in my heart and reaching out to you. Yes, you my prudent reader. I feel relieved that through pen and papers, I can connect with your heart faster than ultraviolet rays.

As you read my words, you connect with my soul and my innermost thoughts even if we never cross paths, I have an unshakable conviction that through your eyes, I have reached out to your thought mechanisms but above all, I have subtly beguiled your attention! No villain, no repressive government, no corruption, no shackles can stop this invisible link between our souls. We are inconspicuously united!

Pick up your pen and write me, write your foes, write to that villain, write to that individual or people that have kept you a prisoner, subjected to nothingness. Write for the world to read. Shakespeare, Dickens and Hemingway all did it, you also can. Let your emotions guide your priceless pen; let your eyes connect to your innermost intuition. Believe me, your words can break barriers and connect hearts all around the world in a way science will forever find unfathomable.

I pledge to write… do you?

2 Likes

Re: Pen And Paper by Afamdi12: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Beautiful write up!

1 Like

Re: Pen And Paper by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Pen And Paper by ugo262(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
this looks good, i need to kamdam and read it well. nice one bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Likes Nicholas Evans? / The Place Of Hiphop In Nigeria / The Best Book You Ever Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.