Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,299 members, 7,900,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:49 PM

PHOTOS: Gov Kashim Shettima Donates UPS Systems And Vehicle To NTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Gov Kashim Shettima Donates UPS Systems And Vehicle To NTA (483 Views)

Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo) / "IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / Governor Kashim Shettima Harvests Cucumbers From His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov Kashim Shettima Donates UPS Systems And Vehicle To NTA by MissEdified(f): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
In fulfillment of a promise made to the Nigerian Television Authority on Monday, February 6th 2017 when the Director General paid a courtesy visit, Governor Shettima this morning handed over two UPS systems acquired by the State Government for the station.

He approved N17.2m for the purchase and delivery charges by the company to Maiduguri earlier this month. The UPS, one 60KVA to be used for transmitter powering, and the other 40KVA for studio transmitting equipment are from one of the best brands in the market made in France by Legrand.

Handing over the equipment, Governor Shettima expressed how good they were, promised to support the station more, so also seek support from the Honourable Minister of Information for better running of their activities;

“This is something that the Commissioner of Information can handover, but seeing how valuable it is to your services, and my availability, i decided to do so myself. We bought the best and most expensive because NTA Maiduguri deserves the best from us, and we prefer to give you equipment that would stand the taste of time”.

“We will support NTA with more adverts aside the sponsored ‘Government House Diary’ for NTA to have more funds to run the station”.

“I will stress the issue to the Minister of Information to make sure a DSNG, and an OB-Van is allocated to Maiduguri. I was made to understand that they had both previously. We will ensure we get it and restore Maiduguri a good network centre”. Shettima said

Recieving the UPS’ on behalf of the Nigerian Television Authority, the Zonal Director, Lawal Umar Lalu thanked Governor Shettima, expressed gratitude, and explained how valuable the UPS will be to the station having more hours of transmission.

Governor Shettima also donated a bus to the station, and approved the sum of N29.9m for the construction of a perimeter fence round the station.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/photos-gov-kashim-shettima-donates-ups.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

CCT Trial: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Fresh Corruption Charges / Why Didn't We Also Pray For Yaradua? / Why I Have No Respect For The Nigeria Police Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.