Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,410 members, 7,974,673 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:23 AM

Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) (763 Views)

The Human Side Of President Buhari: Watch Buhari's 55-Minute Documentary (Video) / Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism / Jonathan Makes ‘last Minute’ Cancellation Of Aso Rock Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, it is lenghty but worth the read.

I will try to keep this post as brief as possible. first off I am a nairalander and have been so since, well you figure, I have been a nairalander before the political and tribal rants escalated and degenerated to what it is today, I have been a nairalander before Afam became a mod, before Lala developed his cravings for snakes, I have been a nairalander when Small Jagaban was still Little Hopper (I wonder where he is now or what moniker he uses now) I have been a nairalander when Yezudo was still crushing on Rita, (I wonder if he has expressed that feeling to her, he might end up marrying her, cant tell), one if the saddest times i actually had on Nairaland was actually when he lost his dog and wrote that lengthy but emotional post expressing his pain grief and loss for his dog, i think his loss however made him pay more attention to the things he loves the most, you hardly see him any where on nairaland these days, he was so popular on nairaland that people created alter monikers and so on, we all remember the miss Yezudo (or maybe his nairaland Rita).

Well regardless how long i have stayed on Nairaland i refused for no other reason but simply for one to register a handle on Nairaland, Tribalism expecially in the politics section. This have so eaten deep into the script that make nairaland and infact it has become a script of its own, however I must give it to the Mods and to Seun for doing everything possible to kill Tribalism here on Nairaland however to no avail but you cannot take away the fact that they are doing a good job at curbing it. Well regardless the tribalism and the fact that i did not register on the site and could not voice my position I did not give up on the site cause I learn a lot from it everyday and i mean everyday for this reason i kept coming back, but then again there was a twist to the tribalism, lately it started becoming really comical especially with the advent of NCAN that is the funniest thing that happens to me everyday, infact these days i come to nairaland looking for NCAN related threads, even though I do not participate i just sit back relax and enjoy the humor, you have to give it up to nairalander’s they are very creative and you cannot take that from them. Funny, entertaining creative set of minds.

However because of the number of hours I spend on nairaland both day and night I was worried that i was being less productive both at work and during my spare time and this was becoming so worrisome and a problem to me, I knew I had to nip it in the bud before it does same to me, so I had to find a way to make something worth while from every minute i spent on nairaland, I had to do something that would make me not feel like I was spending too much time on nairaland and not adding value to myself. Now let me give you a clue of what my time on nairaland was like, I visit the site it takes me to the home page, on the home page i open all the threads there or skip some Tonto or other artist picture thread that would not impact me, then I read the contents of all the open threads and go through all the comments while saving the funny pictures, this pictures always made my day I do this for all the threads, now you can imagine how much time goes into that, in fact I am reading one thing every time of the day on nairaland even while i am working I was also actively participating on nairaland.

As a result of the time I spend on nairaland, I knew that if I did not do something worthwhile about it I would just keep trying to figure out what I did with my time every passing day. This desire actually brought out the best of me, now this led me to learn web design as a result I learnt HTML coding and CSS writing and hey I would not brag but i think I am damn good at this some how I feel like this is what I was born to do and did i mention that I learnt this on my own, I even tried learning java scripts, PHP, Python and the rest but I gave it a rest so I don’t confuse the two that I have almost perfected. Well what I am trying to say in essence is that my time on nairaland made me find out the best of me and helped bring it out and I was able to develop it. I created a website or blog as some might want to call it. The website is not a theme I bought or freebie theme, No, this is something i created from the bottom up and I am even thinking of perfecting it so that I can upload it for sale on word press and the likes.

However coming to the content of the website, Nairaland have birthed many websites one very popular one that is doing quite well today that I also visit is (www.) which is also a forum, however the site I created was strictly out of what keeps me on nairaland which is the humor, the comments, the pictures, the interaction, and the community life of the site itself. This made me build a website that revolves around these things, so I built a picture based sites where I could upload all the photo's I always saved on my phones that had me buying and flashing memory cards every month, what I did was to create a website and save all the pictures from nairaland on the website instead of my phone, so I ended up creating a humor site for laughs and fun basically for pictures, comments and interaction, well I have been running this website for at least one year now and managed to get some likes on it and it occurred to me that I need to let those that inspired me to build it know about it and make it another great humor site and site for fun and laughs.

Dear Nairalanders I invite you all to come visit what you inspired me to create, please i need your honest, unbiased opinion and suggestions on what to add or remove and do to make the site more functional and interactive, I would also appreciate participation from any one who wants to be a mod or part of the admin, truthfully running a website is not easy and you cannot do it alone some times I am so busy I cannot post or approve post I would appreciate you all to be a part of this and most importantly please participate in making it the very thing it was created for, "fun". I have a lot of ideas and stuffs I want to add but I cannot do that without the traffic and interaction, I should also mention that the website interface and theme style is clearly my idea and you would not find any theme like that out there, you might ask how I know this, that is because i first searched for a theme like that and I could not find one, this stemmed me to create it for myself. You can participate by sharing on social media, posting on the website and commenting, and you know without interaction it cannot be fun. Let’s make this happen guys; See this site as your nairaland photo diary. Please save your entire funny, historical and epic tweet photo’s there, very easy to use and source for pictures.

One of the reasons am writing this is to inspire those of us who so love nairaland to find the opportunity that lies therein you might ask what opportunity exist, Hey they are numerous too numerous to mention, let me share some of the things it inspired me to learn or improve upon; web designing, Exportation (I exported coal, that didn’t work out well story for another day), It made me go back to my art and drawing which i so neglected, expose me to a whole lot that I have introduced in my daily life and business, you would be amazed what you find when you look deep, well let me mention here this fun site is my second web site the first is for a product which I manufacture here in Nigeria and market to Universities and relevant stores across Lagos, I will introduce this to you all later.

Let us all join, participate and support one of our own www.myplaydiary.com Thank you.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by herzern(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
More traffic and visitation IJN!

Amen!

Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by decatalyst(m): 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nice idea...bravo!

I hope the IDGAF crew wouldn't mess here up with their meme grin grin
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by Adekorya: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
After long the long epistle, and tying arguably the most longest piece i have read in the last 15mins, and all you want is traffic to your site.

You could have just Write "A big snake was found at Ikeja, click below to see it", and fold your hands, and see how many people will go there to find the snake for lalastical.

Anyway it wouldn't cost me anything except 2 or 3 mb to give you traffic.

Although I don't about the person above or below me but I will check it out.

1 Like

Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by APCHaram: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
Add comment section and think of allowing for registered members to upload files.

See 4chan.org

It's one of the largest image boards

Checkout /b/ section and /wsg/

Warning : image boards will sooner or later overtake any storage space.

You will need to prune threads or archive them
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
herzern:
More traffic and visitation IJN!

Amen!

Thanks Hope you have check out the site, Kindly give me your honest review or opinion about the site.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
Adekorya:
After long the long epistle, and tying arguably the most longest piece i have read in the last 15mins, and all you want is traffic to your site.

You could have just Write "A big snake was found at Ikeja, click below to see it", and fold your hands, and see how many people will go there to find the snake for lalastical.

Anyway it wouldn't cost me anything except 2 or 3 mb to give you traffic.

Although I don't about the person above or below me but I will check it out.
Yes i do want traffic, But if you noticed i have a facebook page and have a fair number of likes, and do have some traffic too but to be frank the reason i created this thread was because the photo crew on Nairaland inspired the website so i have to give the credit to them and appreciate them too.

However let me state here that it is peeps like you that make others not to reveal their success story or give out success tips, if all i wanted was just traffic i would have been spamming nairaland with my link like others do, as you can see even this thread have been spammed with one, but no, i decided to share the story behind it to inspire others.

Please do check it out and give your honest opinion. thank you.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
APCHaram:
Add comment section and think of allowing for registered members to upload files.

See 4chan.org

It's one of the largest image boards

Checkout /b/ section and /wsg/

Warning : image boards will sooner or later overtake any storage space.

You will need to prune threads or archive them
thanks i really appreciate your suggestion, there is a comment section for every post
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by georgeben205(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
but ur profile says u registered on nairaland yesterdae @ myplaydiary
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
georgeben205:
but ur profile says u registered on nairaland yesterdae @ myplaydiary
If you read the post i clearly stated that i have been a nairalander but never registered cause of the level of tribal bashing and i didnt want to get involved, so yes i just registered yesterday to share this post. You would be surprise to know there are million out there with the same tribal slugs holding them back.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
decatalyst:
Nice idea...bravo!

I hope the IDGAF crew wouldn't mess here up with their meme grin grin
I wouldn't mind i need those meme's too.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by georgeben205(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
myplaydiary:
If you read the post i clearly stated that i have been a nairalander but never registered cause of the level of tribal bashing and i didnt want to get involved, so yes i just registered yesterday to share this post. You would be surprise to know there are million out there with the same tribal slugs holding them back.
aiit am cool wif dat, it happened 2 me too i hve been a member 4 a very long time without being registered bt mine is not bcus of tribal sh*tź...
#WEHDONSIR
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by myplaydiary: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
georgeben205:
aiit am cool wif dat, it happened 2 me too i hve been a member 4 a very long time without being registered bt mine is not bcus of tribal sh*tź...
#WEHDONSIR
Thanks boss have you checked it out please tell me what you think, your honest opinion.
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by Ejanla07: 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
u get luck say I just switched to d phone I bought just now. I set come help u scatter her with afonja Congress pictures
Re: Make your stay on Nairaland worth every minute of it (PLEASE READ) by mykelmeezy: 2:43am On Feb 21, 2017
NCAN Space bookers association zombie association wailers association ipod/ipod yoots trash talkers sarrkis(special zombies) FTC FP posts
that is what makes nairaland sort of addictive

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Shiites Allegedly Praying For The Death Of PMB & Release Of Elzazzaky / APO 6 JUDGEMENT: Reject Unlawful Orders, Group Tell Police / Two Female Suicide Bombers Gunned Down By Security Operatives In Borno. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.