Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,490 members, 7,901,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage (875 Views)

Scared Of Making Love With Her, Help! / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Why Are Ladies Always Scared Of Cute Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Godmother(f): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
I've had this fear for God knows how long. I mean, what I see around is not just encouraging at all. My friends that get married are usually filled with excitement and joy before the wedding, but few months after, when the honeymoon stage is over, the whole story changes. One even told me she regretted marrying the guy just two months after!!!
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
Babes you are not alone oh, you are right, what I see around me is frightening. We might have to invest and buy a couple or 10 cats wink
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by C2H5OH(f): 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Babes you are not alone oh, you are right, what I see around me is frightening. We might have to invest and buy a couple or 10 cats wink
by their fears and their words shall ye identify them.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Godmother(f): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

ROFLMAO grin grin grin
I feel you,jare
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by cantell(m): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
@Godmother/Ebonyeyes,
You ladies aren't married yet and you're here worrying ur pretty head off about what'll happen when you do.
The way women think atimes is just fascinating.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2009
@godmother and ebony eyes and all those scared of marriage:

marriage is a beautiful institution that every woman should look forward to!
like i always say and i will say it again, marry your friend cos somewhere along the mariage, LOVE will FADE, yes it will! then the FRIENDSHIP will keep the marriage going!
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by freecocoa(f): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2009
i used 2 harbour the same feeling and i let my mum in on it,i told her i wldnt like 2 get married but she said there's nothing 2 worry abt,all it takes is prayers and endurance cos there's nothing like a perfect marriage plus 1 very important thing dont marry the wrong person.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by truevirgo: 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2009
Godmother:

I've had this fear for God knows how long. I mean, what I see around is not just encouraging at all. My friends that get married are usually filled with excitement and joy before the wedding, but few months after, when the honeymoon stage is over, the whole story changes. One even told me she regretted marrying the guy just two months after!!!

Be afraid, be very afraid. It ain't for the meek-hearted. Run the opposite direction if you ever get a proposal!
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Pharoh: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
freecocoa:

i used 2 harbour the same feeling and i let my mum in on it,i told her i wldnt like 2 get married but she said there's nothing 2 worry abt,all it takes is prayers and endurance cos there's nothing like a perfect marriage plus 1 very important thing dont marry the wrong person.

How do you know the right from the wrong before getting married is the main issue here.

madambini:

like i always say and i will say it again, marry your friend cos somewhere along the mariage, LOVE will FADE, yes it will! then the FRIENDSHIP will keep the marriage going!

Will all these young girls ever see the truth in what you are saying? When i saw the response of females shouting that they will never date a guy who is already their friend i just laughed it off.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2009
I would definitely Marry my friend because I know attraction fades after a while.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Pharoh: 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I would definitely Marry my friend because I know attraction fades after a while.

[size=2pt]Keeping this in my diary[/size]  smiley, [size=2pt]have not seen or talked to you in a while[/size] sad

@post

It is good to marry your friend because he/she has already accepted you the way you are and developed a certain level of understanding and communication that is so much needed when you eventually get married.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 10, 2009
Pharoh:

[size=2pt]Keeping this in my diary[/size]  smiley, [size=2pt]have not seen or talked to you in a while[/size] sad

@post

It is good to marry your friend because he/she has already accepted you the way you are and developed a certain level of understanding and communication that is so much needed when you eventually get married.

[size=3pt]I know I havnt been on as much + havnt seen you also knew you were studying and taking time out, you are here now so I imagine your exams are over right? hope they were ok. smiley[/size]
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Pharoh: 12:22am On Dec 10, 2009
Truly speaking everyone is likely to be scared because of what they see around but that just prompts us to be more careful and watchful and choosing a life partner.

Ebonyeyes:

[size=3pt]I know I havnt been on as much + havnt seen you also knew you were studying and taking time out, you are here now so I imagine your exams are over right? hope they were ok. smiley[/size]

[size=2pt]
Thanks for your concern sister and don't worry we will talk much when next we are on, time for a change really.[/size]  smiley
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by HarryPotter1(m): 12:23am On Dec 10, 2009
@Godmother/Ebonyeyes if both of u are afraid of marriage, then ur perfect match is here cos am also afraid of marriage.so i will take both of u as my concubine not as my wife.lol
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 10, 2009
Pharoh:

Truly speaking everyone is likely to be scared because of what they see around but that just prompts us to be more careful and watchful and choosing a life partner.

[size=2pt]
Thanks for your concern sister and don't worry we will talk much when next we are on, time for a change really.[/size]  smiley
[size=2pt]Are you on at the moment?[/size]
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2009
Harry Potter:

@Godmother/Ebonyeyes if both of u are afraid of marriage, then your perfect match is here cos am also afraid of marriage.so i will take both of u as my concubine not as my wife.lol
You must have lost you dang mind we want to be wifed not concubined grin grin
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by follypimpi(m): 12:27am On Dec 10, 2009
Well u only scared cos u yet to meet da person that will make u fearless i guess.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by HarryPotter1(m): 12:33am On Dec 10, 2009
@Ebonyeyes if u want 2 be wifed, why then are u afraid of marriage ?
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 10, 2009
Harry Potter:

@Ebonyeyes if u want 2 be wifed, why then are u afraid of marriage ?
Because of what Im seeing around me smiley
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by mamagee3(f): 12:43am On Dec 10, 2009
Marriage is not easy,
It requires maturity
. tongue
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by follypimpi(m): 12:47am On Dec 10, 2009
Ladies will complain there's no good man out there,like wise the Dudes.@least sum1 gotta marry the bad fruits !!!
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by SweetT1: 1:18am On Dec 10, 2009
@Poster

Nothing to be scared of, just take your time and make sure she's the right person. And if doesn't work out just take care of the kids and date another woman. I don't support re-marriage.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by TheSly: 2:13am On Dec 10, 2009
Sweet T:

@Poster

Nothing to be scared of, just take your time and make sure she's the right person. And if doesn't work out just take care of the kids and date another woman. I don't support re-marriage.
Blah. . .Blah!
Its that easy ehn?

Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage
Im afraid of marriage too because i have commitment issues.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by iice(f): 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
madambini:

It's not what every woman or man should look to. 
That's what causes people doing things because 'society' said they will be accepted that way, thus ending up being unhappy or not giving/putting their full potential and energy into something.

@Topic. . .i think it's not that uncommon.  Usually it's the naive paper book hugging ones that don't see beyond the fantasy to the reality. Atleast this way, you can have a plan for rainy days.  And no i don't mean divorce or murder for those who don't understand my 'writings'.  Sort of like what you would do to keep the honeymoon flowing for a while longer.  To keep your connection tight.  To keep your communication always on free path etc.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Kelvinj(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2009
abeg, all these ladiez scare can kindly move 2 d convent cos they ar highly need there.[color=][/color]
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by POSIBILITY(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
As if this topic is meant for me, i am about to choose my life partner, i think i will base my decision on inner love and friendship,
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by naijaguy2(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
POSIBILITY:

As if this topic is meant for me, i am about to choose my life partner, i think i will base my decision on inner love and friendship,

ABEG NO RUSH YOUR SELF, grin grin
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Macgreat(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
Godmother:

I call it "LOVE OVER-DOSE" maybe she don dey loss her mind because the love concentration don increase grin
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by CrudeOil2(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
Marriage is not compulsory. If you are scared of getting married, then dont get married.
Re: I'm A Bit Scared Of Marriage by Macgreat(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
Crude Oil:

Marriage is not compulsory. If you are scared of getting married, then dont get married.

No mind them. . .

(1) (Reply)

Have U Ever Said I Love You When U Dont Mean It: ? / Wot Do I Do / How Can I Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.