Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:52 AM

Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication (1613 Views)

Must Every Relationship Leads To Sex? / My Wonderful Relationship Is About To Suffocate / The 4 Different Types Of Men In Every Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication by shugarush92(m): 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
Communication can be defined as a means of interaction or transmission of messages whether verbal or written between two or more people. It is an exchange of information between individuals with mutual understanding.

Communication is an effective tool in every marriage. Just as the body needs blood to flow in it, so does the marriage needs communication to transmit verbal or written information concerning the well being of the family. If blood ceases to flow in the body it dies away, likewise a marriage without a good conversation skills hits the rock sooner or later.

Through communication, you and your partner can express your beliefs, views, ideas and or solution on any issue concerning each other and both of you must have listening ears. It helps you both the discover some hidden goodness you have in each other. It does not mean shouting, yelling at each other or intimidating your spouse with your hot temper or threatening him/her. You should not do things to the detriment of your spouse.

In communication, there need to be a listening ear. Talking with no one listening to you does not make sense. So in marriage, you have to give your spouse every attention he/she needed during conversation. It may result to arguments and or conflicts when none is listening. Listening to your spouse shows signs of respect and care you have for him/her.

In human existence, communication is very important and God's desire for us is to communicate effectively with each other as to be able to solve problems and build our marital relationships. It is a foundational ability to get anything done. The Bible said; "This is the condemnation, that light is come into world, and men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil. (John 3:19). We usually try to shield ourselves from disapproval and cannot always show our selfish desires and negative feelings. This can develop to communication shutdown in the family. You should not hide anything from your spouse, be open and come to light, you are one so let him/her know you inside out.

Communication breakdown can cause cold war in the family which is rampant in many families today. Some couples live under the same roof, share the same bed, honour invitations, pay visits to friends and even eat meals together yet, the free expression of feelings and cordial relationship that brings laughter, peace and sharing of ideas is completely absence. In some cases, the couple's conversation becomes short, straight to the point and only when necessary, most atimes when there is monetary needs or other things that needed to be carried out in the family.

The children from these type of home suffer the consequences of communication breakdown and interaction by the parents coupled with tension in the home. They already seen and read the hand writing on the wall that all is not well. When one parent is out the children feel free to chat with the one around, but when both are at home they withdraw immediately to avoid being seem as an issue for another commotion. When these children get tired of the situation, the prefer to hangout with friends rather than stay at home and most atimes the end result might be disastrous. Hope you can guess what I mean?

Some Tips to Improve your Communication Skills are;_
Learn to accept your partner's bad habits. You married him/her because you loved him/her.
Set out time for family discussion and prayer. It is a good habit for families to pray together. A family that prays together stays together.
Throw questions to your spouse and or children on how to improve your communication and family relationship. You will be surprise at what you get from their response.
Give room for your spouse and children to be open and express their opinion about an issue(s) at hand.
Express both negative and positive feelings maturely
Stop forcing your spouse or family to conform to your own opinion. Sometimes allow their own decision to supersede yours and these will give them a sense of belonging.
Pray that God will forgive, all the wrong behaviour and abusive words level upon each other.
For a good family relationship, keep an effective communication. Communication is truly the bedrock of every marriage. Keep your marriage alive and kicking with good communication and this gives you credits as a Christian family.
for more..go to http://www.familygists.com/2017/02/communication-bedrock-of-every.html

1 Like

Re: Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
I no read am..

But nah true
Re: Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication by Emmytrill(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
If i tell you the amount of airtime wey i dey burn everyday for bae just to communicate with her since she dey a bit far away embarassed cry cry no regret though grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication by shugarush92(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
Emmytrill:
If i tell you the amount of airtime wey i dey burn everyday for bae just to communicate with her since she dey a bit far away embarassed cry cry no regret though grin grin grin

kwantinue..dont give up
Re: Communication: The Bedrock Of Every Relationship Is Communication by firstking01(m): 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
GNS121.

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Spoilt Child.. .what Do I Do? / If You Know English, Answer This. / Pls Help.... Is This A Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.