Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,235 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:49 AM

Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency (16303 Views)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Peace Corps: "We Only Lobbied Senators, We Didn’t Bribe Them" / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Monjerk: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2017
The Presidency, on Wednesday, said there was no truth in the reports that a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Kola Awodein, gave Justice Niyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, currently standing trial for alleged corruption, N500,000.00, at the behest of President Muhammadu Buhari during the certificate issue affecting the then presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In the ongoing trial of Justice Ademola, it was alleged that one of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s layers had made payment of N500, 000 to Justice Ademola’s family during the wedding ceremony of their daughter, which is now believed to be a form of bribe from Buhari to the judge during the former’s certificate saga.

But Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, recalled that President Buhari challenged the elections of 2003, 2007, and 2011, up to the Supreme Court and was never named as trying to compromise any judge.

He said any attempt to sully that reputation was bound to fail.

The presidential spokesman said even Awodein himself had denied the allegation.

According to Adesina, “Nigerians know that President Buhari challenged the elections of 2003, 2007, and 2011, up to the Supreme Court, and not once was he named as trying to compromise any Judge, though some of them were his schoolmates, or contemporary, at one time or the other.

“It is in keeping with the President’s time-tested reputation as a man of truth and integrity. Any attempt to sully that reputation is bound to fail, inexorably,” he said.

Adesina then reproduced Awodein’s statement on the matter as follows, “I am constrained to make in absolute good faith, in good conscience and in the interest of justice and fair play the following very short statement on account of the distorted news story currently being peddled as affecting the person of Mr President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and my good and very noble self.

“The very simple and plain facts are as follows:

“I have known as a friend and for well over 35 years Mr. Justice Niyi Ademola, a notorious fact known to the majority of lawyers who have practised especially in Lagos for over that same period more or less and also to so many other professionals of other disciplines and other prominent and not so prominent Nigerians.

“It is a fact that the sum of money mentioned was personally paid by me as a friend to Mr. Justice Ademola as a personal gift, as our custom well recognises and demands, on the occasion of his daughter’s High Society wedding solemnized at the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos, on the 9th of May 2015, which I attended in person.

“I was fully convinced then, as I remain today, that I could do no less as a friend of longstanding to fairly reasonably support him on that memorable occasion of his daughter’s wedding.

“Anyone and everyone who knows me would readily and unquestionably testify that I am and have always been a man of impeccable integrity on and off the Courts and that such a record speaks always loudly for itself.

“I would conclude by stating categorically and without any equivocation that ANY link whatsoever with Mr. President, or any court case or cases, of my personal gift from my personal resources delivered to Justice Niyi Ademola by myself on that occasion or any suggestion whatsoever that it was anything but such a gift or that it ever came from Mr. President or at his instance or that I was acting, under any circumstances, on his behalf is most malicious, utterly ridiculous and in very very poor and revolting taste and most undeserving of any further comments.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/certificate-saga-buhari-didnt-bribe-justice-ademola-presidency/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Trut(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Story for ZOMBIES

74 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 22, 2017
Aha GMB.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by yungmill(m): 11:37am On Feb 22, 2017
This people can lie for Africa

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2017
oyah sarrki come defend late baba grin

49 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by veekid(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017

so na how much?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Na so
Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by julioralph(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2017
wow shocked

so even baba dey bribe too lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by worlexy(m): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2017
What did you expect from Femi Adesina before, na him go take over from Lai Mohammed as the grandmaster of lies

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by sdindan: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2017
No he dashed him.

Dashing isn't corruption.

Buhari 2017.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by DozieInc(m): 11:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Story story. So where is the certificate

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by shegz1(m): 11:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Show us his certificate or you can tell that to Zombie

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by PETUK(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
He did not bribe, he dash
Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Shallow defense...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by LesbianBoy(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Buhari sef

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by eleojo23: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Before nko?
Una go deny the thing as usual.

Governments of denials. sad

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Drazeen(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2017
cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by SuperBlack: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2017
Certificate case for a sick person? Abeg mak una leave Buhari matter.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Koolking(m): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2017
Monjerk:

“I would conclude by stating categorically and without any equivocation that ANY link whatsoever with Mr. President, or any court case or cases, of my personal gift from my personal resources delivered to Justice Niyi Ademola by myself on that occasion or any suggestion whatsoever that it was anything but such a gift or that it ever came from Mr. President or at his instance or that I was acting, under any circumstances, on his behalf is most malicious, utterly ridiculous and in very very poor and revolting taste and most undeserving of any further comments.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/certificate-saga-buhari-didnt-bribe-justice-ademola-presidency/

Sensational journalism - a conspicuous feature of Nigerian journalists.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Silva79(f): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2017
were we expecting us to tell us he did

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by NNVanguard(m): 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
As a good philanthropist that PMB has been, how many of such high class weddings have he made such whooping donations to?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by genearts(m): 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
“I would conclude by stating categorically and without any equivocation that ANY link whatsoever with Mr. President, or any court case or cases, of my personal gift from my personal resources delivered to Justice Niyi Ademola by myself on that occasion or any suggestion whatsoever that it was anything but such a gift or that it ever came from Mr. President or at his instance or that I was acting, under any circumstances, on his behalf is most malicious, utterly ridiculous and in very very poor and revolting taste and most undeserving of any further comments.

E.O.D

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by SuperBlack: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
sdindan:
No he dashed him.
Dashing isn't corruption.
Buhari 2017.
Just as they also dashed Andrew Yakubu $9.8m?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by tobiasbeecher: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Thieves, will you tell us he did before? All of you are chronic and hypocritical thieves!

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by genearts(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
NNVanguard:
As a good philanthropist that PMB has been, how many of such high class weddings have he made such whooping donations to?

Read and understand. If you can't understand, ask someone to explain it to you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Agimor(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Yeah, Mr. Integrity can't do that according to Sarki that money is too small to bribe a judge of that magnitude.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by Nairalane: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
How does this affect the price of egg in the country, egg is now #70, do the hen lay the egg through operation.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency by berrystunn(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Hahaha
Darkness fighting darkness

Change the changers

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ameh Ebute Writes Saraki To Resign As Senate President / Femi Adesina Celebrates Buhari’s 77 Birthday: Tell Baba We Are With Him All Way / Agboola Ajayi: Nine APC Cheiftains In Race To Replace Ondo Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.