Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,541 members, 7,905,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:44 AM

Need Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Help (1325 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help by Rdrunner: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hi guys and gals

I am new here, I was at a dating site and was approached by a girl from Cotonou, Benin, I am in the US.

I am falling in love with her after several days of chat on Yahoo IM. I am just not sure if she is for real, she claims that she loves me very much and wants to be with me and is insisting to find a way to get her here and to come and live with me, which I don't mind.

My question is she claims there is always no power supply and internet access is bad and she also claims that she lives at Quartier Missebo, when I did a Google search to see where it is, nothing pops up.

I am just concern if she is for real as I don't live close by, could someone tell me if the place exist and if the power supply is always bad there

Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thank you
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hmm. . . Please, can i call you a MUGU or MAGA?

Maybe you are not one yet but soon you will be if you are not careful. . .

MAGA
Re: Need Help by jejelolatu(f): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ar u an american or a nigerian living in america?
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2009
See question
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
I am an American
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
MAGA MOST PAY! grin
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Btw, what's Mugu or Maga
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
Be Patience. . . you will find out soon. . . keep loving grin
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
I hope you're not joking, as I am serious, is it true that her place has bad electricity
Re: Need Help by Jaideyone(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin love on the internet you're one hell of a lonely guy, get a life
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rdrunner:

I hope you're not joking, as I am serious, is it true that her place has bad electricity

True
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
Jaidey-one:

grin grin grin grin grin love on the internet you're one hell of a lonely guy, get a life

If you knew, what women are like here, you won't be saying this
angry
Macgreat:

True

Thank you smiley
Re: Need Help by chocomillo(f): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rdrunner:

Ask for her mobile number to confirm her real destination.
Re: Need Help by jejelolatu(f): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ mac
lemme ask queshun o! Cos if na 9ja boy form maga lyk dis, i go take am very personal sotey i go flog am!
Bt since im na oyinbo boy, den its a different matter.

@ poster
ima giv u free advice, feel free to take it or leave it!

@ur e-girlfrend is most likely tryna scam u so i suggest u break al contact wiv her.
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
She claims that her phone is not working and I was going to send her a gift, but she said that her mail is hard to receive, sounds like she lives in the country, but when I asked her, she said that lives in the city,
Re: Need Help by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rdrunner:

She claims that her phone is not working and I was going to send her a gift, but she said that her mail is hard to receive, sounds like she lives in the country, but when I asked her, she said that lives in the city,

Warning bell is ringing, u probably chatting with a man. Think.
Re: Need Help by omega25red(m): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rdrunner:

Hommie listen up, you are being played ok! simple as that. how is she able to contact you but she keeps giving you all these lame azz excuses?
Very soon she will start telling you about her sick mother in the village or better yet she will tell you that if you really love her you will send her money to buy some cloths or card for her phone. Maga and Mugu = dummy dont be one okay.
Re: Need Help by gongoaso1: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
justwise:

Warning bell is ringing, u probably chatting with a man. Think.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2009
Thanks guys, I read a lot about scammers, but I did not want to condemn until proven. Furthermore, I have received quite a few messages from these  'girls' and they almost all sounded the same, except for this one, she sounded truthful, so it was a tough decision. I have received 6 pictures from her, 3 in each

That is why I posted here, coz, you guys know the conditions there better than I do, and that is also why I asked about the area, power supply and internet connections etc.

Thanks again for those positive replies  smiley
Re: Need Help by 190: 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
abeg the money wen u go send give me
please send am through money gram to

name 190 yaris
address # 8484 lagos nigeria
city lagos
state lagos
capital lagos
vilage lagos
zip lagos

email me once its done
instead of sendin 1 hungry ass scam ur money
i neeed am pass am~
Re: Need Help by kpolli(m): 11:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
cotonou always has light
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 4:27am On Dec 11, 2009
kpolli:

cotonou always has light

Thank you for that info  smiley
Re: Need Help by Pweety4me(f): 4:39am On Dec 11, 2009
@Poster run 4 ur lyfe b4 u fall into the pit of MAGA DOOM!. . . shocked grin lipsrsealed
Re: Need Help by youngguns: 4:44am On Dec 11, 2009
I wouldn't like to be a party pooper mate, but 99% of these girls are scammers, there are too many freaky girls in America for u to be looking for love online, i was in that country for a month and its unbelievable how the girls there act, im sure there are just enough girls in America for you to either love if you are the romantic type or mess with if u r that kind of person, like Game said, "there is enuf bitches in the world not to F***"
Re: Need Help by humblemate(m): 5:58am On Dec 11, 2009
@ poster,having been reading all these NL replies which i'm sure u have been reading too; all I could say is, "BE WISE, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE" cos there is no such free lunch nowadays!
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 6:19am On Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am not the only one online dating, I think there is a good majority out there, and as far as finding girls out here, yes, there is a dime a dozen, but Is she the one I am looking for, no.

I have had my fair share, and nothing has come good of it. And suddenly, here is one that sounds like the one in everyway ( yeah, I know, to good to be true ) but, one never know.

I only wanted to know, what things are like on the other side of the world, I never like to call anyone a liar, cheat, till I have seen it for myself, especially when poverty strikes, I have been there myself.

Thanks again for all your help, positive or negative
Re: Need Help by agbejoro: 6:35am On Dec 11, 2009
Well, while it is true that there are many people who pose to be in love only to maganise unsuspecting muguns or mumus, we must also take note that there are people who may truely be in love. Therefore take time to study the so called lover, you never can tell it may be true. However DO NOT send any thing to him or her yet. Take your time and study him or her very well.
Re: Need Help by Rdrunner: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2009
Thank you dear friend, I don't intend to do that smiley
Re: Need Help by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2009
Please don't fall for this girl.Am not saying truthful and sincere girls r not online but network is very sound in Cotonou and their electricity is better and more stable dan that of Nigeria.Please tell her to get someone's phone u can reach her on.Most of the scammers hv gfs they use when they want to defraud pple ooo.Please don't fall a victim.I want to see u r chatting with a boy not a girl since the person is not ready to give u number.
Don't ever make the mistake of sending anything to him/her.
Re: Need Help by Macgreat(m): 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
Rdrunner:

I have had my fair share, and nothing has come good of it. And suddenly, here is one that sounds like the one in everyway [b]( yeah, I know, to good to be true ) [/b]but, one never know.

That's the name of the Game Man. . . "To good to be True" She's Miss am not perfect but 90% pure grin
Re: Need Help by chibenwa(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
guy if you want marry say so.or u
want to have a gud time.then fly her
enjoy and let her go. "i quess u've seen her pix'
Re: Need Help by ruskiee(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2009
Just tread carefully.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Date A Stammerer? / Why Are Some Girls Like This? / Am Sorry Omowale;"cause Now I Know I Can't Live Without You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.