Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,234 members, 7,884,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message (579 Views)

Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / Ghanaian Girl With Beautiful Blue Eyes Goes Viral (Photos) / Photos Of Chinyere, Girl With Blue Eyes In Nasarawa Shared By Emily Nkanga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by mykelmeezy: 2:06am On Feb 24, 2017
Every child knows when you are in trouble, you call the cops.
But it is fair to say, no police officer expects that trouble to be related to the complexities of a 10-year-old's maths homework.
Yet when faced with just such an issue, one brave officer in Marion, Ohio, stepped up to the mark.
Lena Draper decided to use Facebook to get in touch with her local police force, sending them an appeal for help at the weekend.
"I am having trouble with my homework. Could you help me?" she asked.
"What's up?" asked officer BJ Gruber, who told the BBC he was hoping "for something in the realm of history".
Unfortunately for him it was maths, with the added complication of a few brackets.
Undeterred, Lt Gruber threw himself into the challenge.
"I felt pretty confident with my answers on both questions and perhaps that worked against me with the second equation," Lt Gruber admitted.
Indeed, more than a few people have pointed out the answer he gave to the second, more complicated question, was incorrect - but the Police Department in Marion, Ohio, are still seeing the episode as a win.
"We are nailing our goals of increasing trust, transparency & being approachable. Still a work in product on the math skills," the force wrote on its Twitter page after Lena's mum Molly uploaded screenshots of the conversation to Facebook.
The post has now been liked more than 2,300 times.
"We really hope that are are not flooded with homework requests... so far, so good," Lt Gruber said.
"We really see this not different that a child walking up to an officer on the street and asking for help. This is just a 21st Century version of that interaction. We do however encourage kids to communicate with parents, teachers, siblings and fellow students before asking us."
As for Lena, she knows she can't always rely on the police to help her with her homework. But she does have a backup plan.
"Well, I'd call Ghostbusters then," she told Inside Edition .

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39045906

cc lalasticlala mynd44

imagine it was naija police

Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by Mykelpato(m): 2:11am On Feb 24, 2017
I think say na naija police undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by purplesummer(f): 3:33am On Feb 24, 2017
Hehehe, Olodo Nigerian police would demote you down 6 classes with their answer.

1 Like

Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by germanwolf(m): 3:42am On Feb 24, 2017
purplesummer:
Hehehe, Olodo Nigerian police would demote you down 6 classes with their answer.
this is SAVAGE
Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 24, 2017
grin

purplesummer:

Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Give this to Nigerian Police, they will fail you.

Àwọn Roger boys
Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by marshalcarter: 4:55am On Feb 24, 2017
you fit repeat 3 tyms if 9ja police teach yougrin

wait oo...na dis mama be 10yrs old?
kai....SMB sha
Re: Police Helps Girl With Homework After She Sent Them A Facebook Message by mykelmeezy: 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
marshalcarter:
you fit repeat 3 tyms if 9ja police teach yougrin

wait oo...na dis mama be 10yrs old?

kai....SMB sha

trump/Obama

didnt turn 3meals to 1

more so Caucasians are generally bigger than negros

(1) (Reply)

edited / Online Media Comedian Chief Obi Bags A Million Dollar Endorsement Deal / My Wife Blackmailed & Attempted To Kill Me – Engr Anietimfon Ekere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.