Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,473 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals (54187 Views)

CBN Introduces BVN Lite For Minimal Financial Transactions / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Zdoh(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2017
In as much as this CBN Governor remain in position this administration will never succed in anything.

Think about...
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Lanretoye(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2017
all these bank policies encouraging ponzi schemes. ..
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Una Don Start again abi?? Meanwhile see as a Calabar girl fill Her JAMB Form.... Name: Okon Ekaette Ndifrike Age: 19 Sex: 3 times Daily!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by deolu2000(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2017
This country just weak me.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by eezeribe(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2017
HAH:
Good policy, transactions should be cashless in this days and time.

The CBN is even lenient to take it upto 500k with charges, left to me is outright ban, this has already happened in India a country of over 1.2billion people

Use your internet banking, mobile banking etc for transaction even if it is over 1 billion no one will charge you kobo.

Only criminals that want money trail to end that demand cash paymennt, eg drug deal, kidnapping, bribes etc

Personally I only use cash when I go to local market, everything is POS, Internet or mobile banking, with this you can easily audit my personal accounts

Mobile and Internet transfer still attract charges and have daily limits. Moreover,when there is a transaction error,the banks deliberately refuse to revert it and sometimes you would have to complain for more than a month.

You don't know much about Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Daxn: 8:05am On Feb 24, 2017
basty:
CBN why now?
Bro, but na 1k u dey withdraw na. You don't need to shout CBN sir.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2017
frankobaba:
CBN una Fadá...

PONZI SCHEME

PONZI CBN

Lol
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by LaExpert: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2017
There's only a thin line between how ponzi schemes operate and how Nigerian banking systems operate.

They all seem to appear good, but really, they're out to take your money.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by LaExpert: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Mobile and Internet transfer still attract charges and have daily limits. Moreover,when there is a transaction error,the banks deliberately refuse to revert it and sometimes you would have to complain for more than a month.

You don't know much about Nigeria.

True.

I still have failed transactions with about two banks that the reversal has been delayed for about a month. We still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Timelezz: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2017
How could the CBN charge money on deposit? Are these criminally inefficient fools even aware of what they are doing?

No matter how cashless they want to go, the cashless policy relies heavily on deposits.

Greedy bastards!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by chccho(m): 8:10am On Feb 24, 2017
coolsegun2002:
There's always a perfect plan and policy in place to take money from us...

why can there just of a perfect plan as well to give back to us inform of stable electricity, good road, water..etc...

this is not a government ....this is a parasite... and parasites usually kills the host....
But don't worry government cos the parasites will eventually die when the host dies.

#theres really no government when there's no pple to rule.
The bolded really cracked me up!!!
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by 2shur: 8:11am On Feb 24, 2017
buhari isay bastard wot cbn
lets impeach buhari
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by walexy14(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2017
Are you tired of meager interest rates on your regular savings account, TB or FG Bond? Do you have excess cash which you do not need now saved up somewhere? Why not invest in the ROSABON TREASURY NOTE , ( RTN ), and watch your money multiply with ripple effect. This plan is a flexible tenor-based placement that offers highly competitive interest rates for individuals and corporate groups. That’s not all;you also get to determine your deposit, the tenor of your investment plan and your form of payment. What’s better is that you can negotiate your desired interest rates on deposits above N1,000,000 . For more details CALL 08036450638, a.abatan@rosabon-finance.net or www.rosabon-finance.com and if your within lagos you visit our office @ 32 Montgomery road sabo yaba and ask of Wale
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 24, 2017
Choi! CBN why naa? Na so una take hate us
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by nnofaith: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2017
ip2121918021:

IF they withdraw 1k and N500 notes, wetin go remain
you still have N200 an below.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by XtrmeBachelor(m): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2017
Una wan do cashless when common ATM never dispense cash properly. Okay oo make I go buy salt pay with P.O.S grin
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by colli247(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2017
basty:
CBN why now?
THIS CBN GOVERNOR IS CONFUSE MORE HARDSHIP TO NIGERIA BANKS WILL NEVER BE AFFECTED BUT INDIVIDUAL [color=#990000][/color]
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by bobo33: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2017
CBN is bringing us down in this country
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Zubbycol: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2017
This is a very clueless policy indeed. We are trying to achieve a cashless policy, yet you are charged for making deposits which actually helps reduce the cash in circulation. If i will be charged for taking my Money to the bank, why take it to the bank?

I wonder if they think properly at all. How do u encourage the cashless policy if after making cash sales, I can't deposit my money in a bank because of bank charges? Abeg make una go think am over again joor!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by OBTMOS(m): 8:21am On Feb 24, 2017
unclezuma:

It was written in the 40's and talks about a future when the government is ruled by unseen leader called Big Brother and lies like there's no tomorrow.
big brother is watching.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by colli247(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
CBN reintroduces charges on cash deposits, withdrawals
Published February 24, 2017
Share Tweet
by Taboola
Akinpelu Dada
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Thursday announced the reintroduction of bank charges on certain categories of cash deposits and withdrawals.
This came about three years after the apex bank stopped the charges.
In a circular to all Deposit Money Banks posted on its website, the regulator said the decision to reintroduce the charges on cash deposits was part of the review of charges on deposits and withdrawals under the cashless policy .
It said the decision was taken at the Bankers’ Committee meeting , which held in Abuja two weeks ago.
The circular , signed by the Director, Banking and Payments System Department, CBN, Mr . Dipo Fatokun, stated that the committee decided that the cashless policy should be extended to the remaining 30 states of the federation.
It also directed that with effect from April 1 , 2017, banks in the states where the cashless policy was already operating , Lagos , Ogun , Anambra , Abia, Kano , Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory , would begin to impose charges on deposits and withdrawals above N 500 ,000 .
Banks will from that date begin to charge individuals 1 . 5 per cent and two per cent for deposits and withdrawals between N 500 ,000 and N 1 m .
According to the circular , individuals depositing or withdrawing between N 1 m and N 5 m will be charged two per cent and three per cent, respectively.
For amounts above N 5 m , banks will charge such individuals three per cent and 7 . 5 per cent for deposits and withdrawals, respectively.
With regard to corporate customers, the CBN stated that deposits and withdrawals under N 3 m would not attract any charge , but that such customers depositing or withdrawing between N 3 m and N 10 m would be charged two per cent and five per cent, respectively.
Also for deposits and withdrawals between N 10 m and N 40 m , customers will be charged three per cent and 7 . 5 per cent, respectively . Deposits or withdrawals above N 40 m by corporate customers will attract a charge of five per cent and 10 per cent, respectively .
According to the CBN , the new policy on charges will be implemented in selected states on May 1 and August 1 , this year ; while the total implementation will be concluded on October 1 .
The regulator noted that the committee agreed that income generated from the processing fees above the allowable cash limits would be shared between it and the banks in the ratio of 40 : 60 .
However, the CBN said that existing exemptions to the policy such as revenue generating agencies of the federal , state and local governments (for lodgements ) will be sustained . Also exempt from the processing fees are embassies , diplomatic missions , multilateral and aid agencies.
The CBN directed lenders to train their employees to enlighten customers on the new policy .

http://punchng.com/cbn-reintroduces-charges-cash-deposits-withdrawals/
THIS CBN GOVERNOR IS CONFUSE MORE HARDSHIP TO NIGERIA BANKS WILL NEVER BE AFFECTED BUT INDIVIDUAL
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by phreakabit(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2017
If na during GEJ time now. . . . Every self proclaimed human right activist will be organizing protests carnival yelling occupy here and there.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by castrokins(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2017
Policy Somersault Everywhere, Everyday. What A Country!
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by ghostmist: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2017
So, if i am to withdraw 100 million of my hard earned money, i would be forced to part with 10 million?

Thunder where are you? there are some people you need to fire...
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by scachy(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2017
These people are nothing but a notorious criminals. So if one deposits #1m he/she ll be charged 20k.
Meanwhile banks don't even give up to 0.3 percent interest on savings account.
if such charges should be adopted at all, it should be restricted to only politicians that stole our Commonwealth and put us in this mess, not poor citizens.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by cabbasa: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2017
This is unethical of CBN at this time Nigerians are expressing depression. It's time we make them know we are not gullible. If Emefiele find it difficult to find solutions to our forex problem he should not add more yo time Emefiele to leave CBN with his archaic economic policy.#Emefielemustgo
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2017
E no concern me, even the guys at the hatchery way i buy my chicks, i pay them with transfer from my phone.

But am absolutely sure safes will start selling like crazy cause no one who worked hard for em money will give you 10% just like that especially business abok*s & flat heads
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by 989900: 8:32am On Feb 24, 2017
directonpc:
who gives a fck about ur business?
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by henrimoto(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Why enough northern states no dey dat list?So na southern states dem wan use shine now abi?If na to share money now or federal appointment dem states go top dat list..Confused country.
Don't be surprise this 'yeye' CBN deposit and withdrawal charges will not take effect in most of the northern Nigerian states.

There are so many big Hausa merchants in the north that don't agree to bank transfer method of payment for goods from their customers. They believe in cash and carry policy!

There are many of them (Traders) in the north that don't use bank transfers as means of payment for goods.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by henrimoto(m): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2017
ghostmist:
So, if i am to withdraw 100 million of my hard earned money, i would be forced to part with 10 million?

Thunder where are you? there are some people you need to fire...
No mind them! e no go work!
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by henrimoto(m): 8:40am On Feb 24, 2017
Zubbycol:
This is a very clueless policy indeed. We are trying to achieve a cashless policy, yet you are charged for making deposits which actually helps reduce the cash in circulation. If i will be charged for taking my Money to the bank, why take it to the bank?

I wonder if they think properly at all. How do u encourage the cashless policy if after making cash sales, I can't deposit my money in a bank because of bank charges? Abeg make una go think am over again joor!
Bros, 1,000 Likes for you!

#thisyeyecbnpolicynogowork!
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2017
gocac:
this is another ploy by Buhari to deal with the south.... no single northern state is included. useless Govt and CBN.. as You increase the suffering of Nigerians.... God will keep you lying down in your London Aso rock idiot....

I guess kano is in the South abi, even Abuja to dey south, as for the other states they have no idea what cashless transaction is talkless of implementing it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today's Naira Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.