Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,070 members, 7,880,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised (24087 Views)

''Wicked People Vandalised Nigeria" - President Buhari From London(video) / How Goodluck Jonathan's House Was Looted & Vandalised By Police Guards (Pics) / Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Vokians(m): 8:35am On Feb 24, 2017
South Africa is another nation with lawless citizens.
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by lilfreezy: 8:35am On Feb 24, 2017
hell rufai should epp me and send a trailer load of fulani herdsmen to sauthafrica abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nixiepie(f): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2017
Nawa ooo
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Moreoffaith(m): 8:38am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
These vandals are nothing but umemployed criminals trying to use the cover of "retaliation" to steal properties they'd sell eventually.

Enlightened Nigerians understand the current economic realities leave no room for such violent retaliatory actions. These companies employ thousands of our brothers and sisters some of whom are breadwinners in their families; when you destroy what keeps them at work and render them jobless in the process, are you gonna employ them as your domestic staff and pay them equivalent amounts they were receiving in those companies?

Retaliate, yes we may, but the situation at the moment kinda has our hands tied behind our backs- diplomacy and tact should suffice for now. In the propitious time, when we emerge from our operation room, boiling with vitality after a successful surgery, then we can take our pound of flesh. But for now, any such acts of vandalism shouldnt even be contemplated..

Did you write this from your dream or it was a mistake?
Cos they employ some of us now makes their govt keep mute on this attack?? By the way if all their companies should close down in Nigeria, it will have a lot of effect on their economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
[s]These vandals are nothing but umemployed criminals trying to use the cover of "retaliation" to steal properties they'd sell eventually.[/s]

Enlightened Nigerians understand the current economic realities leave no room for such violent retaliatory actions. These companies employ thousands of our brothers and sisters some of whom are breadwinners in their families; when you destroy what keeps them at work and render them jobless in the process, are you gonna employ them as your domestic staff and pay them equivalent amounts they were receiving in those companies?

Retaliate, yes we may, but the situation at the moment kinda has our hands tied behind our backs- diplomacy and tact should suffice for now. In the propitious time, when we emerge from our operation room, boiling with vitality after a successful surgery, then we can take our pound of flesh. But for now, any such acts of vandalism shouldnt even be contemplated..
moronic statement, hence I had to cancel it, but you made a bit of sense in your last paragraph, but then the Nigerian government both past and present should be held responsible, this xenophobic attack dates as far as 2004(i stand corrected) just like now,we have been listening to the lip service apology form the south African government, yet these attacks keep gaining momentum, I suggest the government beams it search light on South African businesses in Nigeria, trust me I bet there are crimes they will found guilty of,if we can't use violence, then let's go legal on their asses, but I will not recommend we let this go quietly, it's not gonna stop until we retaliate, don't forget that Nigeria environment favors south Africans and their businesses than the south Africans permit in their country to Nigerians and other African nationals, the fact is they will be hurt more,and if you even critically look at it, these south African companies are bleeding us dry, e.g dstv charges, even shoprite still shelf GMOs thanks to SON for turning a blind eye, in all,i still blame our leaders both past and present, "na mud house wey fall,make goat fit climb the roof"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Deadbeing: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2017
Blacks are always the instrument of their own destruction,while d whites in south africa are busy flexing nd dominating major and sensitive economy position, d blacks are busy fighting themselves for no reason......mental slavery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Pennyways: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2017
CallmeGlad:
I'm not in support of this particular act or any other.It"s not the solution to the situation in SA right now.

Two wrongs dont make a right.
most time comment is not necessary for all topics on Nairaland
you may meek and humble at heart but, most time those qualities are instruments the society use to intimidate others

If we don't pay South Africa back in their own coins they will think we don't have value.
I'm fully in support and I don't mind joining the group

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by MutantMetahuman: 9:08am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
These vandals are nothing but umemployed criminals trying to use the cover of "retaliation" to steal properties they'd sell eventually.

seriously bro?
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by phynofino: 9:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Kill them all
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Enemyofpeace: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2017
E be like sey craze dey worry dis police people. Me don ready to storm shoprite wey I go loot to open my own shop, I just dey wait make NANS shout apes obey, make I rush go pack my own share. South Africa must hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by ayokellany: 9:11am On Feb 24, 2017
carmag:
All na wash...

S A govt is paying lip service to xenophobic attack to foreign nationals and that is why there is always reoccurrence as some of the looters who were arrested were given police bail within 24hrs, none of them was ever taken to court

it was noted that the current attack was an incitement by Johannesburg mayor/Governor who publicly attacked foreign nationals whereby their lazy, criminal minded youths ever waiting for an opportunity to loot people's belongings

Reliable report reaching us now is that Nigerians who went to marabastared in PRETORIA office of home affairs to renew their papers were all arrested for onward deportation

there have never been an attack on foreign nationals that was not fuelled by a public figure

majority of their youths don't look for jobs cuz they get stipends from the govt at the end of the month which they spend on alcoholism and drugs...the average working South Africans are women

This is how you people spread senseless rumors everywhere. Imagine claiming a governor is supporting these attacks. If the South Africa govt decide not to renew your paper it is their right and there's nothing a billion of you can do about it.

Any Nigeria claiming South Africans do not work is definitely a lunatic and I put it across to you that you are indeed a lunatic. Please enlighten us if running drug cartels and fraud enterprises like Nigerians engage in SA is what you term "work" ?

If South Africans do not want you in their country please leave there and go develop yours. Every Nigerian, you inclusive that does not have valid papers to stay in SA should be deported without hesitation. Morons like you definitely deserve to be back here where you belong so you stop tarnishing the imagine of the country abroad.

How you live your whole life in another man's country without anything complimentary but insult and negativity is beyond me yet you refuse to leave for your country which is heaven on earth with no faults.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by MarshRiley(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2017
HRich:
Forget that and try hard to make your money today 3JBTGYQ
Guy,na bet9ja?
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by baddosky1: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:
...u just lost my respect with dis nonsense...... so South Africans should be killing us and we will be forming diplomatic abi? ..If u no get better tin talk keep ur wide mouth shut....if ur brother go ur neighbour house and him kill am u go form diplomatic?

Nothing sensible ever comes out of that guy's mouth at all. Always talking rubbish!!
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by a29truth(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2017
south Africa n Nigeria problem didn't start today .general Abacha once stoped super eagles from partipating in cup of nation hosted in south Africa.as years rolls by,many nigerians has lost their properties n somehave been killed .if not checked many will still be killed in the nearest future.this is not time to be diplomatic.its a time for the federal government to make a strong statement that will make south african government to sit up

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by ayokellany: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:
...u just lost my respect with dis nonsense...... so South Africans should be killing us and we will be forming diplomatic abi? ..If u no get better tin talk keep ur wide mouth shut....if ur brother go ur neighbour house and him kill am u go form diplomatic?

When your brother goes to Rome he should act like the Romans and not lunatics. There is nothing complimentary about foreigners ruining the lives of local South Africans with hard drugs and defraud them of their hard earned wealth. The people are only reacting to the failures and inaction of the SA. SA need to reduce the number of Nigeria it give visa, all Nigerians without official documentation should be hunted caught n deported without remorse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by do4luv14(m): 9:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Laredojohn:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/24/police-warn-against-reprisals-as-mtns-office-is-vandalised/
lies, wu want to believe dis trash, dey should get ready for naija student,
as for the police, its seems dey are yet to know dis primary duty, cos if they prevent our student from doing d needfull, chaii the thunder wet go fire Dem ehn still dey inside gym, dey gada weight
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by REDshouse(m): 9:29am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:

I don't understand we nigerian at all see all the poo you just put down here.. if your brother and family is being affected in xenophobic attack in SA will you have come here to write rubbish...
have you forgotten so soon that we need to scramble NITEL to accommodate this people..
have you forgotten how many thousands of breadwinners in NITEL that were disengaged because of MTN..
have you forgotten how many times MTN aided terrorism in Nigeria..
pls to every action comes reaction... let the reprisal attacks continue..

3 Likes

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by cybriz82(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:

am tellin u my brother...sum people ehnn der brain nid engine oil.
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by darknetcom: 9:36am On Feb 24, 2017
we dont care about pan africana no more..

everybody for his or herself....

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Laple0541(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2017
Such attack is long overdue as far as I'm concern.
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by cuteslimmy: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2017
i am fully in support of any damages done by Nigerians to any South Africans or their companies. we cant keep fonding our hands and watch our brothers be killed and we do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by seangy4konji: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2017
this is interesting and wonderful...

no be south africa fault...if we had been executing our politicians one by one since 1990 now we would have killed them all by now and maybe our country would have been better.
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2017
the message is already being sent
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Laple0541(m): 10:01am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:

To slap you de hungry me I swear...
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2017
Counter xenophobic attacks on south African enterprises in Nigeria will hurt us as well. This should not be the response. But Nigerian Government can get back at them through heavier taxation and levies and a programed Nigerianisation of South African companies over a period of time. They should have Nigerians in their board and train Nigerians to take over.

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:
Leave the guy may he dey form one kind yeye diplomatic. By d time they catch one of his folks in Pretorial nd roast his middle leg for suya.... Ha ha! he go no say im no be Obama's first born. Diplomatism wey no pay Obama himself.....Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by torqque7(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:

Don't mind that guy..it's people like him that give these useless South Africans the guts to misbehave..just imagine the garbage coming out of his mouth on a site where there are South Africans too,of course if the reader his post the will feel there is nothing Nigeria can do and they will want to do more evil.

Anyway I don't blame the mad man,if his brother was a victim of these attacks in SA,he wouldn't spew this hot garbage from. His smelly mouth angry.such an embarrassment to Nigeria he is.

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:

I feel like giving u a headbutt
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by yankosbaba(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2017
Don't think with your arse.
omenkaLives:

Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by dcncorneils: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2017
why attack Cosficate there property n investment in nigeria !!! dat settle d issue
Re: Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised by rman: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2017
kokosin:

How many SouthAfricans were inside the MTN office attacked yesterday?

Do you understand how the telecoms business ecosytem works?

FYI, those guys just ignorantly destroyed a Niegran business that is a Sales partner to MTN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Security Personnel Stranded At Nzam Since Last Night (Photos) / Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / Bandits Have Invaded Ogun And Osun Forests - Gani Adams Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.