Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:38 PM

Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) (48995 Views)

My Nigerian Childhood Friend Killed In South Africa Xenophobic Attack - Oyinbo / Fulani Man Escapes With Sharp Object In His Throat After Militia Attack (Graphic / Fulanis Killed By Mambilla Militia In Taraba Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by DozieInc(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
Murdered for being a foreigner.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
winj3:
1st check he is not an ibo drug dealer before jumping to conclusion.

ibo drug dealers are the reason for the attacks, I was there and saw it.

any Xenophobic Attack in south Africa should be blamed on ibo criminals!

Igbo drug dealer or not is not a sensitive justification to end someone's life when there is a punishable offence against drug trafficking in SA

SA as a country is a big disgrace to African race and tolerance. I used to think is one exposed country because this xenophobic attack is an archaic mentality that has no basis in this contemporary age
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by economania(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is that what South Africa will use to pay us back. Hah, Nigeria contributions in the days of aparthied.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by EmmySparky(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
WORDWORLD:

Since Nigerians themselves do not value their fellow Nigerian life how will a NON-NIGERIAN see any value in you.

Is it NOT Nigerians who travel abroad in purchase of FAKE DRUGS which has killed and keep killing their FELLOW NIGERIANS?

Doctors go on STRIKE. People die!!!

People keep diverting AIDS meant for the Internally Displace People in your country Nigeria. Leaving them in pain and agony.

Houses collapse at a blink of an eye due to carelessness in contruction. All because you have no sympathy and are always after MONEY.

How many people have died from your RELIGIOUS and ETHNIC violence?

MY MAJOR POINT IS THIS: MAN IS A DISGRACE TO HIS CREATOR. HE CANT CREATE LIFE BUT IS ALWAYS READY TO OBLITERATE ONE.

If it was WHITES killing BLACKS in South Africa its going to be called RACISM. Now that its BLACKS killing their fellow BLACKS its called XENOPHOBIA.

MAN IS A DISGRACE!!! EXCEPT THOSE WHO SEEK TO CURING THEMSELVES OF BEING LESS THAN ANIMALS.

THOSE WHO SEEK TO BE TRUELY HUMAN BEINGS BY BEING HUMANE.

What will the NIGERIAN GOVERMENT do? Well you dont expect a country that traveled all the way to the same South Africa in purchase of Weapons to fight so called 'BOKO HARAM' to do anything but BEG!!!

Let us all work on our souls. ITS TOO DIRTY..................BLOOD EVERYWHERE.

i keep saying it...lack of patriotism is what is killing this country...but honestly i get ur point...we hate ourselves...how can foriegners love us...but still i think the government should still do something...any issues we have should be between ouselves and not putting us on the floor in the international community for foreigners to step on us
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by wristbangle: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Donbabajay12:
People would just comment Poo...According to the OP..He only said a man was murdered, he never labelled him a Nigerian ...What is all this rant abt Naiija This ,Naija that ...The man can probably be a Ghanian or Kenyan........Be grateful for any position you are in Nigeria ..some people don't even have the privilege to own a phone not to talk of getting money for subscription ...Haba

U spoke my mind but the news about SA sabotaging our business is real
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Crownadex(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
u11ae1013:
did he die?
No the deceased still breathing ...
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by rallymento(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
I have seen this picture on Nairaland before, The guy was killed for drug peddling and not as a result of Xenophobia...

I will search for the old thread.....and publish..... Nairaland MODs please don't be lazy verify every information before you bring it up on FP...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
EmmySparky:
i keep saying it...lack of patriotism is what is killing this country...but honestly i get ur point...we hate ourselves...how can foriegners love us...but still i think the government should still do something...any issues we have should be between ouselves and not putting us on the floor in the international community for foreigners to step on us

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by thunderbabs: 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Who can sponsor our armed herdsmen to South Africa? Chop off anything South african with those suya knives

Make dey just show them for 1 week ONLY

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
wristbangle:

U spoke my mind but the news about SA sabotaging our business is real
Yes ,it not encouraging at all...but we cant help it ..we can just pray for a better Nigeria broo..
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by kingsjoe2020: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Must one stay in that country to suffer all this na by force[quote
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by ephraem: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
mke Boko haram jx de useful for once, mke dem storm SA go do deir usal bussiness
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by 2shur: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
e no go pass edo sta8 boiz
na dem dey dress like diz
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Benbobola(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pls if u guys ever plan a reprisal attack or looting on shoprite in retaliation, abeg make una inform me. I Don already dey prepare list of things wey I need for my new house like groceries, gadgets, e.t.c. am against attacking the workers there but looting the whole shop? Let's go dia!
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by slysteel: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Blurryface:
Most Nigerians in South Africa are criminals. They are into prostitution, drug dealing, assassination, advanced fee fraud, gambling and all manner of vices. The major culprits are our hardworking 'blothers' who want to earn chieftaincy titles and wear red caps by all means.
You are a senseless kid,its obvious from your mumu comment,obviously still disturbing your mum for money for subscription to come here and disgrace your kindred..
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by DJInfluence: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
let´s us forget about the role we played in bringing down apetheid. it is history now and most of those SA carrying out the attackes were not born then or still less than 10 years old.

If not for the useless, corruption manifested and ingrates we have as leaders, Nigerians shouldn´t even be going to SA to live but maybe to spend holodays. We should have been the most advance africa country in terms of developement and welfare of the people. But here we are going to countries where we are treated as common criminals and no do gooders.

i wish i can confidently ask all Nigerians in SA to come back home, but then come back to what? Our govt has failed us since 1960.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by ELPablochapo: 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
Blurryface:
Most Nigerians in South Africa are criminals. They are into prostitution, drug dealing, assassination, advanced fee fraud, gambling and all manner of vices. The major culprits are our hardworking 'blothers' who want to earn chieftaincy titles and wear red caps by all means.

My guy e pain you grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Nathan2016: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
A foo lish fo ol is who you are
Blurryface:

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by heritage2009(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Even if they are criminals does that justify the xenophobic attacks? Are there no criminals in other climes? Columbia, Mexico etc. Why must Nigerians be treated in such way? I know Nigeria has its issues but we are not worse to the point of xenophobic attacks on foreigners.

Blurryface:
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Mr2kay2: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
u11ae1013:
did he die?
are you normal? Its a question
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by back2sender: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
No place like home. Nigerians should come back home n grow thier country rather than be butchered in foreign land.
Its our get rich quick which is synonymous to greed n corruption that has lead us to this.
Support president buhari to grow Nigeria, no foriegner will come n do that for us.
Say No to corruption

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Mr2kay2: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Blurryface:
y.ou are m.ad undecided
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by back2sender: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nathan2016:
A foo lish fo ol is who you are
Naa you foolish.
Igbo in south africa are criminals. I have been to South africa for trainings and i saw what they were doing. Ashamed of them honestly, my Nebor son that was in pretoria where i went for the training was so evasive to come and see me in the hotel meanwhile his people were expecting the guy will send money to them thru me.
Even on the streets naa Drugs igbo boys dey hawk like ground nut,.
This was about 2005 and it has not changed till date
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Akjwyzepal(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
if u see any south African in Nigeria and u did not kill him/her then u're not your brothers keeper. aye, eye, alora nd d rest frats dis are d once u ought 2 kill.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Cmeo(m): 1:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Do not believe every news you see on social media.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
EmmySparky:
These people are so wicked and stone hearted...and what would the Nigerian government do about this?....Nothing
Na wetin dey pain me be That bro...our govt too gentle, fuccck diplomatic way of resolving this unending xenophobic attack on Nigerians And Other African nationals in sa....chai Why I no be president of Nigeria na, once I will send mtn, shoprite, multichoice And Other South African businesses packing immediately. this attack is becoming too long to curtain by south Africa govt. seems The south Africa govt likes it sef cos ever since the very first attack there's no report of a culprit reported. I never liked south Africa sef for anything, don't no Why Nigerians Are going There
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
u11ae1013:
did he die?
FO.OL
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by InvestinOwerri(m): 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Blurryface:
YOU ARE SICK!

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Nogodyej: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
south Africa should remember this

Immediately after sending the letter, Sir Balewa lobbied for the effective expulsion of South Africa from the Commonwealth in 1961.

Beyond political support, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the first leader to provide a direct financial aid to the ANC from the early 1960s. At the height of the liberation movement in the 1970s, Nigeria alone provided $5-million annual subvention to the ANC and the Pan Africanist Congress (PAC) annually.

In 1976, Nigeria set up the Southern Africa Relief Fund (SAFR) destined to bring relief to the victims of the apartheid regime in South Africa, provide educational opportunities to them and promote general welfare.

The military administration of General Obasanjo contributed $3.7 million to the fund. Moreover, General Obasanjo made a personal donation of $3,000, while each member of his cabinet also made personal contributions of $1,500 each. All Nigeria’s civil servants and public officers made a 2% donation from their monthly salary to the SAFR. Students skipped their lunch to make donations, and just in 6 months, in June 1977, the popular contribution to the fund reached $10.5 million.

The donations to the SAFR were widely known in Nigeria as the “Mandela tax”.

As a result of the fund’s work, a first group of 86 South African students arrived in Nigeria in 1976, following the disruption of the education system in South Africa. It happened after the massacre of 700 students by the white police while the former were protesting against the decision by the apartheid regime to change their education language to Afrikaans.

Hundreds of South African students have benefited from the fund’s activity having come to study in Nigeria for free.

Beyond welcoming students and exiles, Nigeria had also welcomed many renowned South Africans like Thabo Mbeki (former South African president from 1999 to 2008). He had spent 7 years in Nigeria, from 1977 to 1984, before he left to the ANC headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia.

For South Africans, who could not travel abroad because the apartheid regime had withdrawn their passports, Nigeria’s government issued more than 300 passports.

Along with fellow African countries Nigeria lobbied for the creation of the United Nations Special Committee against Apartheid and chaired it for 30 years, longer than any other country.

Between 1973 and 1978, Nigeria contributed $39,040 to the UN Educational and Training Programme for Southern Africa, a voluntary trust fund promoting education of the black South African elite.

As for trade, Nigeria had refused to sell oil to South Africa for decades in protest against the white minority rule. Nigeria had lost approximately $41 billion during that period.

Above all, Nigeria was the only nation worldwide to set up the National Committee Against Apartheid (NACAP) as early as in 1960. The committee’s mission was to disseminate the evils of the apartheid regime to all Nigerians from primary schools to universities, in public media and in markets, through posters and billboards messages.

The NACAP was also responsible for the coordination of Nigeria’s government and civil society joint anti-apartheid actions and advising of policy makers on anti-apartheid decisions. For over three decades the NACAP had successfully built alliances with labor movement, student groups, progressive elements and other international grassroots organizations within Nigeria for effective anti-apartheid activities.

In fact, until 1960s, the ANC fight against the apartheid regime in South Africa was yielding very small results. The whole world was quite indifferent to the suffering of the black South Africans. Moreover, western countries strongly supported the apartheid regime providing it with technologies, intelligence and favorable trade agreements.

Things started changing dramatically only after African countries became independent in the 1960s. Nigeria unequivocally took over leadership of the anti-apartheid movement worldwide.

Despite the volatile nature of Nigeria’s politics and the passage of numerous military and civil leaders, Nigeria has never abandoned its unwavering commitment to the freedom of our brothers and sisters in South Africa.

From 1960 to 1995, Nigeria has alone spent over $61 billion to support the end of apartheid, more than any other country in the world, according to the South African Institute of International Affairs. The country has never let go of any opportunity to denounce apartheid, from the boycott of Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games to the nationalization of British Petroleum assets in 1979.

Unfortunately, our brothers and sisters in South Africa have not been grateful to Nigeria. When Mandela passed away in 2013, Nigeria’s president was not even given the opportunity to speak. At the same time, the representatives of the US and the UK, two countries supporting the apartheid regime, were in the spotlight. Nigerians still need visas to travel to South Africa, while the French, who used to back the apartheid regime, can just buy a ticket and go wherever they want.

Maybe, apartheid has not yet ended in South Africa.

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by winj3: 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
Adebowale89:

Igbo drug dealer or not is not a sensitive justification to end someone's life when there is a punishable offence against drug trafficking in SA
SA as a country is a big disgrace to African race and tolerance. I used to think is one exposed country because this xenophobic attack is an archaic mentality that has no basis in this contemporary age

Try telling that to illiterate street people who want instant justice for their relatives killed with drugs supplied by mostly ibos holding Nigerian passports:
In south Africa the system does not work and vigilante attacks are on the rise, the majority of killings targetting foreign blacks are towards ibos and Zimbabweans. The Zimbabweans are being used by ibo drug dealers to peddle.

ibos open barber shops, restaurants and internet cafe while behind the scene they deal drugs and 419. They are seen to prosper while poisoning the youths of the country with drugs and reaping the people off with scams.

I don't condone senseless killings but you have to tame ibo people who are helping to cause the problem!

In most countries where Nigerians and other blacks are attacked and killed, do some research and you will find that most of the time ibo criminals caused it.

3 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Let me see someone that will come and tell me peace talk will settle this trash at hand I'll beat you and that peace talk.
Re: Man Shot Dead In South Africa Xenophobic Attack (Graphic Photos) by oluxy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is there no law enforcement there that this brutal killings is escalading?

SA why?

We need to go on indirect reprasal by staying away from all SA products n services here in Nigeria.

what is our FG doing about this? Where is Abike?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk Plantain Seller Raped To Death In Ghana (Photo) / Ekiti Ritualists Murder 78-Year-Old Widow, Drain Her Blood, Remove Vital Organs / @Therealdato (El Dato) Denies Rape Allegation, Deletes His Pictures On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.