Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,686 members, 7,951,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

3 Unexpected Reasons Why Some Guys Can't Stop Acting Needy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Unexpected Reasons Why Some Guys Can't Stop Acting Needy (534 Views)

Girl Gets Unexpected Surprise After Asking Ex-boyfriend For Airtime / Nigerian Lady Advises Men In Relationships To Stop Acting Single / 21 Things Women Can Do That Guys Can't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Unexpected Reasons Why Some Guys Can't Stop Acting Needy by michaelpower: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
One of the main themes around here, of course, is the whole idea of being a CHOOSER rather than a CHASER.

The core premise there, as you'll recall, is that even though lots of men believe that women hold all the cards in the dating world and have the ability to choose from many men who are chasing them, that isn't necessarily how it has to go.

In reality, any man OR woman who perceives him OR herself to have options when it comes to dating is the one who has the power.

If you have lots of opportunities, you're not as concerned (read: "desperate"wink about any one in particular.

Meanwhile, it's a scarcity mentality that generally keeps the majority of people of either gender in "chasing mode".

That is, they say to themselves, "Oh man...I need a significant other, and if I could only get THAT one to like me then I'd finally be happy."

But it's when we relax in the notion that MOTOS (members of the other sex) are more likely to be attracted to us than not, THEN we can take our time to be selective.

In doing so, we come to the realization that it really does take time to gauge true compatibility beyond mere physical attraction anyway.

AND...it also takes away the urgency of either "closing the deal" or perhaps having to endure the pain of a continued dry spell.

Now, while all of this tends to make good, solid sense to anyone who really gives it some thought, there are still plenty of guys who still can't bring themselves to accept the truth behind it.

They remain convinced that women have all the power.

Well, I'm sorry they feel that way, but until they're willing to challenge that mindset I'm really of little help to them.

They'll just keep on chasing...and wondering why women keep "selecting" some other guy (who wasn't chasing them).

This article isn't for them. However, it is for YOU if you really, truly WANT to be a chooser instead of a chaser but somehow aren't making the switch.

In other words, you're really, seriously interested in NOT acting needy or desperate anymore, but dammit...you just can't seem to stop, no matter how hard you try.

Let me tell you, I've been there myself. It's insanely frustrating.

Here are three possible reasons why your reality may not yet be reflecting your intentions:

1) IMPATIENCE

Deciding to be a chooser instead of a chaser is not necessarily a quick fix.

A major tenet of selecting from many options is being patient. And being patient is HARD.

It's incredibly easy to just lose your cool and gush a rapid-fire stream of attention toward a woman you just can't wait to get your hands on...literally.

You call her six times in a row and text her non-stop, just to make sure she's "still there".

One time I was on a phone call with a guy who told me point-blank, "Yeah, well...I already KNOW that I shouldn't call women several times a day and text them constantly. I KNOW it's not going to end well, but I can't help myself. I keep doing it anyway."

I suspect he's not alone. Not by a long shot.

You really can sense when you're messing things up, can't you?

Unfortunately, what it comes down to is this. If you just can't contain yourself, that's a pretty blatant sign of immaturity.

If some of you younger guys are wondering about how you can keep losing out to older guys so often, that's one of the key areas to look at. (Don't shoot the messenger here, I've most certainly been that guy myself in the past.)

Read the full story here: http://www.relationshiptalkforum.com/articles/1944-3-unexpected-reasons-why-some-guys-can-t-stop-acting-needy

Re: 3 Unexpected Reasons Why Some Guys Can't Stop Acting Needy by spencerlouis(m): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
it amazes me how guys act!!!
beggin a grl 2 reply undecided nd always calling n calling whn she isnt answering angry
we ar d major reason y sm grls can b snobby yea because anoda idiot is already bugging her!!!
I hav neva said hello 2 any girl in any social media!!! nd I neva will! if dey wanna talk let em initiate it!
any girl dat says dat av eva pm'd her here is a fkin lier grin
I love me tongue

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Need Keeping Your Ex On Your Fb Or Contact / Bad Breath And Body Odour Questions Drop Them Here / Finding Me (a True Life Story) Guys Check It Out On Literature Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.