Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,148 members, 7,949,956 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! (518 Views)

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / The Africans Of Old |poem By The Afrikan L'yion / A Writer's Bane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by GenNext(m): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Religious intolerance and violence continue to rage among Muslim and Christian faith since their inception in Afrika, setting off division among us as a race. The colonial masters overshadowed us with their religion to the point that we set aside the way of life of our forefathers and neglect our ancestors, killing each other due to religion differences.

We were forced to accept Muslim and Christian religion during the time of slavery 548 years ago, when slaves taken to America from Afrika were forcefully converted to Christians and same goes to the ones taken to middle east where majority are Muslims, slavery is evil and this practice of force conversion of believe has a negative impact on blackism.

Lord help me, Allah Akbar was the language of the day given to us by the colonial masters, slave driver, back raw master to fool me and you in order to continue working for them day and night with the fear of averting punishment from God by obeying your masters command "I smile" this is ridiculous. We have been ridiculed for a very long time, lied to about our forefathers way of life as irrelevant. They make mockery of our ancestors calling them false name, idols.

In Afrika we don't look down or neglect a god for another, rather we pay eulogy to as many as there is. The Yorubas of Nigeria have many deity they worship like Sango, Oya, Orunmila, Obatala, Ogun and many others. An individual can communicate with all at the same time, because they believe the gods are messengers sent by Olodumare (God).

The Christians and Muslims claim to worship one God but end up fighting for supremacy, who God love the most and which of the believes is accepted by God.

We need to take pride in our race as Afrikan and not Afrikan't, appreciate the culture, history and ancestors of our forefathers thus shunning borrowed religion and faith from slave masters would give a boost to unity, love, strength and harmony these will make us forget our differences and be knowledgeable without apology.

As a patriotic Afrikan we will not relent nor get tired of freeing our brothers and sisters who are still imprisoned by colonial masters brainwashed religion and mental slavery, Marcus Mosiah Garvey Jr once said " A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots" let us go back to our root, stand aloof false religion and their prophets and say no to white supremacy.

The day we stand on our feet, it's game over for the downpressors!!!

Ubuntu!!!
Azania Blood!!!

Izwelethu Afrika!!!
Mayibuye Afrika!!!
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by InsanePsycho(m): 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Can someone summarize?
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by GenNext(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
InsanePsycho:
Can someone summarize?
sorry, my next article will be brief...
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by InsanePsycho(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
GenNext:

sorry, my next article will be brief...

Tell me something smiley
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by InsanePsycho(m): 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
Op, so I just took time to read your epistle

Unfortunately, Africans seem content with importing everything from the white man

It will take a lot of awareness and re-education to free us from the mental slavery we are in and get back our self worth
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by GenNext(m): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
InsanePsycho:
Op, so I just took time to read your epistle

Unfortunately, Africans seem content with importing everything from the white man

It will take a lot of awareness and re-education to free us from the mental slavery we are in and get back our self worth

Our schools has a lot of role to play in reorienting, teaching our younglings about Afrikan history. Me and you too can create awareness through any platforms we come across at least the message will have some positive impact on Afrikans to know their root....

1 Like

Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by InsanePsycho(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
GenNext:

Our schools has a lot of role to play in reorienting, teaching our younglings about Afrikan history. Me and you too can create awareness through any platforms we come across at least the message will have some positive impact on Afrikans to know their root....

Many people have the the lies told to their ancestors by their slave masters

Imagine serving Jesus Christ, a character in an imaginary tale and actually believing he exists and dies for your sins

If only we could bottle and market common sense
Re: Religion The Bane In Afrikan Race!!! by GenNext(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Many people have the the lies told to their ancestors by their slave masters

Imagine serving Jesus Christ, a character in an imaginary tale and actually believing he exists and dies for your sins

If only we could bottle and market common sense

Every masters have a way of taming their pets.

it all depends on your skills, target their brain and enslave their mind, you will become their Messiah!!!

#MentalSlavery.....

That is what we must liberate ourselves from, to be free from any form of enslavement.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways You Can Pursue Your Dreams And Remain A Good Mum / Help! / Story: How could she?_

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.